Ballotelli appeal (Merged)

Re: Ballotelli appeal?

If only some footballers would think before they do stupid things when they are on a yellow card. Lets be honest once your on a yellow card you may get away with the odd tackle but for a forward to get sent off is terrible. Yes pressure the defenders but dont tackle them as playing away from home there is a greater chance you end up having a early bath. I cant see the FA overturning it.

They will be too busy come Monday. With Stoke looking for answers on how no official seen the handball on the line. Add into that they will also have to have a look at the Huddlestone stamp. Then there might be a appeal from Arsenal over the red card they got and our red card we got. The refs this weekend most of them had a nightmare.

No point in appealing unless the ref comes put and says he got it wrong. That won't happen.

What annoys me was he was obstructed for about 2 secs before...and that you see the same thing 20 times a weekend as defenders hold off players near the goal line.

squirtyflower said:
if he appeals

he will lose

and then the fa will bring in a new punishment to ban him for double the original ban

No way a red but a deffo yellow therefore he would have been sent off anyway - appeal will fail and seen a frivelous - after seeing him tonight dont want Ballo playing on Wednesday really cant see him lasting the full game

bleuger said:
No point in appealing unless the ref comes put and says he got it wrong. That won't happen.

What annoys me was he was obstructed for about 2 secs before...and that you see the same thing 20 times a weekend as defenders hold off players near the goal line.

the ref has no further input on the matter these are FA rules its now down to city's mitigating circumstances along with video evidence then its looked at' along with a nice fee of £1500 which goes to the FA

dannybcity said:
I dont think it's even close to a straight red but I'm pretty sure it won't get overturned.
Same here pal.

If by chance they did lower it to a yellow will that mean a 1 game ban?

As stated, not a straight red, but defo a yellow, and a stupid one at that. Let him miss the home leg of the derby, then let him loose at Old Trafford. He has alot to learn, but in gun infancy to the PL i'm forgiving him for his hapless appeal for a penalty. We will do without him on Wedensday.

Shooter 83 said:
dannybcity said:
I dont think it's even close to a straight red but I'm pretty sure it won't get overturned.
Same here pal.

If by chance they did lower it to a yellow will that mean a 1 game ban?

They can't drop it to a yellow, in fact it stays as a red on Balotelli's stats, and even counts for the totting up, it's just that they can choose not to impose the suspension if the appeal is successful

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.