Ballotelli appeal (Merged)

Re: Ballotelli appeal?

Pigeonho said:
As stated, not a straight red, but defo a yellow, and a stupid one at that. Let him miss the home leg of the derby, then let him loose at Old Trafford. He has alot to learn, but in gun infancy to the PL i'm forgiving him for his hapless appeal for a penalty. We will do without him on Wedensday.

Am i missing something,why even a yellow?

Norb said:
Shooter 83 said:
Same here pal.

If by chance they did lower it to a yellow will that mean a 1 game ban?

They can't drop it to a yellow, in fact it stays as a red on Balotelli's stats, and even counts for the totting up, it's just that they can choose not to impose the suspension if the appeal is successful

Well I never knew that. In that case I suppose he stands a chance because there is no way that he should serve a three game ban for that. That said it's a pretty stupid rule.

bluemoonno1 said:
ell said:
You do realise who were playing in the derby dont you? asif the FA would let us have a player like Balo back in time!

I think you can appeal, but if you lose you get a four game ban, but you can play untill the appeal, I might be wrong but its something like that,

Taggart did it last season with Ferdinand so he could play against us, but I don't think it would be a good idea to play him in that game. James Milner, adebayor or AJ could do a good job for us so I wouldn't worry too much. I would be more worried about Taggarts mate - the time keeper.

Forza City

Norb said:
Shooter 83 said:
Same here pal.

If by chance they did lower it to a yellow will that mean a 1 game ban?

They can't drop it to a yellow, in fact it stays as a red on Balotelli's stats, and even counts for the totting up, it's just that they can choose not to impose the suspension if the appeal is successful

yes, law five states a red card cant be downgraded to a yellow so the basics of the appeal is 'was it a red card offence' imo no it was not it should have been a yellow 'if anything' and as the yellow cant now be used he walks free of suspension

Re: Balotelli appeal?

i blame probert completely, he should have sorted that west brom player way before halftime, he was ankle tapping kicking body blocking and doing what ever he could on ballo and tev, i believe probert knew this was happening and choose to ignore it, his action in the sending off was a disgrace, some of our boys have paid good money to watch city there this afternoon only for a total clogger to try and ruin it,poetic justice he walked as well, if anyone thinks that balls entanglement was worse than huddlestone's deliberate stamp then you should look at both incidents one after the other, the only difference in the referees interpretation was that one played for city? these referees cannot be that stupid to think we think they are competent fair and unblinkered in their decisions?

Fulop's Reflex said:
To be fair, that was a red card.

No it wasnt, here you can clearly see his leg was trapped and pulled, he didnt kick out.

Balotelliinoccent.jpg

Balotelli is his own worst enemy!! The guy is immature and comes across as the worst kind of pampered, sheltered spoiled brat athlete. He should be banned for being feloniously stupid in his approach. Hes got lots of talent though. Everytime he gets challenged/tackled he acts as though he shouldnt allowed to be touched. WTF???

Frank the Yank said:
Balotelli is his own worst enemy!! The guy is immature and comes across as the worst kind of pampered, sheltered spoiled brat athlete. He should be banned for being feloniously stupid in his approach. Hes got lots of talent though. Everytime he gets challenged/tackled he acts as though he shouldnt allowed to be touched. WTF???

he's 20 what do you expect his game will change when he matures

CTID Chris said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
We know that appealing will not be succesful so there aint any point. They have only overturned about three decisions in the history of the prem!

The west brom defender had his red card overturned this week, when he fouled a player in the penalty area, denied a goal scoring opportunity.

Balotelli hasn't kicked out, hasn't made any contact with a west brom player. The west brom player had hold of his leg, he used his strength to get free and remain balanced.

Correct! it should be over turned, if its not the FA are bent.

Frank the Yank said:

Amazing how you consistently prove my point about yourself

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.