Ballotelli appeal (Merged)

Re: Ballotelli appeal?

i was watching it on a poor internet stream and I assumed that he'd got a 2nd yellow. Not a straight red, but waiting for MOTD pictures to clarify. Their pundits verdict is important....not for the rights and wrongs, but for the success of any appeal.

Went to the game so Ive only seen both incidents once and they both looked harsh at the time, particularly for the second to be a straight red. However I would like to know if this has been covered....

Assuming we appeal, I believe it would be a similar situation to the one Camelface found himself in before the 2nd leg of the cc semi-final last year. He wasnt sent off but was subsequently charged because of an elbow on a Wolves player and was able to appeal which meant he could play when he should have been banned.

There is obviously the potential that the ban could be extended to 4 games but if this situation arises would we prefer to have him available for the derby but miss Birmingham, Fulham, Stoke, and maybe Bolton; or not appeal and trust we have enough without him for just Utd, Birmingham, and Fulham?

Marvin said:
i was watching it on a poor internet stream and I assumed that he'd got a 2nd yellow. Not a straight red, but waiting for MOTD pictures to clarify. Their pundits verdict is important....not for the rights and wrongs, but for the success of any appeal.

thats what i thought a 2nd yellow, im sure he had that card out before the red,but it looks like i'm wrong because most say it was a straight red and what you say about the pundits verdict is 100% correct this will swing the decision, lets wait and see match of the day imo he should win the appeal

It was definately given as a straight red, should of been a second yellow though not a straight red

This may be naive but if ,as seems to be the general consensus on here , Ballotelli's red card is questionable then I think the club is right to appeal, not just for the ramifications of him playing the derby etc but because to me it shows unity. We would be saying, we are standing up for player who has been mistreated and we will not have that. Win or lose we would have voiced our protest and stood by our man. It may be a bit fanciful but I believe it would be good for the players morale to know the club is behind them and will back them.

Seen it at the game and thought it was a red, just seen ss highlights its never a red in a million years the guy fakes it he never touched his face. Ref had it for him, ****.

Shooter 83 said:
Seen it at the game and thought it was a red, just seen ss highlights its never a red in a million years the guy fakes it he never touched his face. Ref had it for him, ****.

the ref was going to let it go untill the west brom players played up thats when he pulled the card out,he'l get it revoked

I didn't think you could appeal if it was a second yellow?

anyway, ref was against us all game and Balos lash out was the tipping point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.