Ballotelli appeal (Merged)

Re: Ballotelli appeal?

not read the whole thread so if this has already been mentioned i apologise.

if we appeal and are succesful could it be reduced to a second yellow and only have him banned for 1 game ? ( hopefully the brum game )

bobmcfc said:

if we appeal and are succesful could it be reduced to a second yellow and only have him banned for 1 game ? ( hopefully the brum game )
No. 3-game ban or nothing.

Dubai Blue said:
bobmcfc said:

cheers. i was hoping there might be some middle ground lol

What nobody has mentioned yet is the playacting of the west brom player.

Not getting into the argument of if it was a red or not but the ref was most definatley influanced by the player rolling arround as if he had been stamped on when clearly there was no contact

I am sure the refs report will state that ballo was sent off for violent conduct which is a straight red.

What the fa should do is give the west brom player the same ban as ballo would get for conning the ref. This would make players think before the playacting.That would be the common sense approch and we are dealing with the FA so mods please feel free to delete this post as utter bollocks and ban me for using the word common sense in the same sentance as FA :-)

The only reason the FA ever overturn a ban is if there is a clear and obvious error by the referee and they always hesitate in overturning any ban cos they have to support their refs (cos no-one else does). The fact that his leg twitches slightly in the direction of the Baggies player will mean that it is upheld cos they can argue violent conduct and the ref didn't make a mistake.

This isn't me saying I thought it was a sending off, it probably wasn't, but the FA will always try and support their refs where possbile...

DaveH said:
The rags would just kick him to death, wind him up and get him sent off. Then we would have 10 men for the derby.
Leave the appeal

Totally agree with this. Also having seen the incident again on TV, the red was arguably a little harsh but there was no doubt that he kicked out. I would be absolutely astonished if it is overturned and very much expect his ban to be extended to 4 matched if we appeal. Personally, I don't think we should bother.

would be great if he could make the derby,help take some of the weight off silva in regard to 'dubious' 'mis-timed' tackles.He wont be bothered by the atmosphere been there done that already .The appeal hinges on clear evidence that the west brom player had hold of balo's leg and from my biased view he did and tried to pull it towards his face,which he then clutched in 'agony'.realistically though the fa being the fa ,they will probably deport him,investigate RM's work permit and launch a campaign against our fans 'celebrations' causing excessive enjoyment.

Dubai Blue said:
(j) As a general guide, the following schedule will apply:

Match Day
Fri/Sat/Sun

Notice of Claim
Monday

Claim Lodged
Tuesday

Commission
Thursday
I imagine that word in bold will be our downfall in this instance. They're probably just the guidelines for when there aren't any mid-week fixtures.

Well it was the general rule that allowed Rio to play us in the CC semi!

Dubai Blue said:
bobmcfc said:

it would get downgraded to a yellow

therefore still a one game ban and he would miss the derby

however if we do appeal i would imagine an extra match will be added to the suspension as
imo it was a clear red card, no matter how soft the kick was

After watching the replay of the sending off offence over and over I can 100% confirm that a lot of you are bowing to Balotelli's reputation as a bad-boy.

I urge you to take a closer look at the challenge. It's 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other! I think the ref has dropped a boo boo here, not seen it clearly (he couldn't have done from his position). At the absolute most it's a ticking off for both players. Neither player should have been booked and least of all sent off.

On the whole, the ref has screwed both city and west brom as both players involved with Balotelli's sending off are both facing 3 match bans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.