Ballotelli appeal (Merged)

Re: Ballotelli appeal?

Seasideblue said:
What nobody has mentioned yet is the playacting of the west brom player.

Not getting into the argument of if it was a red or not but the ref was most definatley influanced by the player rolling arround as if he had been stamped on when clearly there was no contact

I am sure the refs report will state that ballo was sent off for violent conduct which is a straight red.

What the fa should do is give the west brom player the same ban as ballo would get for conning the ref. This would make players think before the playacting.That would be the common sense approch and we are dealing with the FA so mods please feel free to delete this post as utter bollocks and ban me for using the word common sense in the same sentance as FA :-)

Exactly how I seen it, if anyone can get a view of the ref on tv you will see he says play on untill he starts play acting and west brom players then run over and start making a deal of it.

eshiers1 said:
johnny crossan said:
why on earth do you think that Balotelli should have got a red card?
he moved his foot towards molumbu - it was soft yes, but still by the laws a straight red
call Ricster m'lud
Ricster said:
I'd also like to point out that with Balotelli's leg being in a leg lock of sorts, and if Mulumba had rolled into the direction of Balotelli's leg it could have caused ligament or tendon damage or worse still, a break. This should be the angle City challenge this from. What was Balo meant to do? Allow Mulumba to break his ankle?

From the referees angle, you can see why he gave the red, especially with Mulumbu clutching his face and Mario was already under the referees skin...but from the other angle, you can see Balotelli doesn't catch his face at all, Mulumbu holds his leg, Balotelli pulls it free and isn't even looking at the player....so it should be recinded.

DirtyHarry said:
I`ve had a chance to have a proper look at the footage from the extended highlights on the OS and tbh neither deserved any sort of card for the actual entanglement, it was just a tussle for the ball, the only real thing that can be said is that Balotelli`s face looks `angry` for want of a better phrase, still it wouldn`t surprise me if they went on something like`tackling with a mailicious look on your face` to justify it.

He only seems to have one expression, even after scoring the goals he looked angry

Slightly diff topic but not enough for own thread

What was Mario disciplinary record like in italy. Ive heard all the "bad boy" stuff but mostly off the field antics. How many reds did he get?

johnny crossan said:
eshiers1 said:
he moved his foot towards molumbu - it was soft yes, but still by the laws a straight red
call Ricster m'lud
Ricster said:
I'd also like to point out that with Balotelli's leg being in a leg lock of sorts, and if Mulumba had rolled into the direction of Balotelli's leg it could have caused ligament or tendon damage or worse still, a break. This should be the angle City challenge this from. What was Balo meant to do? Allow Mulumba to break his ankle?

lol

whatever our opinions are i think we would be stupid to appeal anyway, it wont be rescinded and more than likely another game ban will be added

I believe any club appeal hearing would take place after the derby.

The club's argument it needs time to put together the case, but with a game on Wednesday...

United did the same with Ferdinand in the Carling semi.

It's just a case of if we can take the extra game ban on the chin.

I think we will.

Project said:
Come on guys get a grip. Can't believe how many people don't want him to play in the derby. It's exactly this kind of game that he was bought. He's a match winner. And you need them against the best sides. The occasion suits him perfectly.

Whatever you say about United they aren't a bunch of cloggers. The atmosphere will be intense but this guy has played in cup finals, Milan derbies and a CL semi.

They aren't cloggers?

Haven't you watched any recent derby matches?

A couple of years ago, when SWP was our biggest threat, the fuckers lined up to kick him off the park. At least seven of them took it in turns to take a kick at him, to ensure that none of them got sent off. He has never been the same player since.

Do you seriously believe that the rags wouldn't target him in the same way?

eshiers1 said:
Dubai Blue said:
No. 3-game ban or nothing.

it would get downgraded to a yellow

therefore still a one game ban and he would miss the derby

however if we do appeal i would imagine an extra match will be added to the suspension as
imo it was a clear red card, no matter how soft the kick was

Then I suggest you watch a replay of it. There is no kick. The WBA player has hold of this ankle which forces his foot down. Tut.

Soulboy said:
Project said:
Come on guys get a grip. Can't believe how many people don't want him to play in the derby. It's exactly this kind of game that he was bought. He's a match winner. And you need them against the best sides. The occasion suits him perfectly.

Whatever you say about United they aren't a bunch of cloggers. The atmosphere will be intense but this guy has played in cup finals, Milan derbies and a CL semi.

They aren't cloggers?

Haven't you watched any recent derby matches?

A couple of years ago, when SWP was our biggest threat, the fuckers lined up to kick him off the park. At least seven of them took it in turns to take a kick at him, to ensure that none of them got sent off. He has never been the same player since.

Do you seriously believe that the rags wouldn't target him in the same way?

its all in the hands of referee

mario played vs the rags in champions league at old trafford 2 years ago without any problem

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.