Ballotelli appeal (Merged)

Re: Ballotelli appeal?

SWP's back said:
Dubai Blue said:
I imagine that word in bold will be our downfall in this instance. They're probably just the guidelines for when there aren't any mid-week fixtures.

Well it was the general rule that allowed Rio to play us in the CC semi!
Slightly different circumstances. Ferdinand wasn't sent off, he was retrospectively charged by the FA on the Monday. In such cases, you are given a couple of days to respond to the charge so there wouldn't have been time to have a hearing on the Tuesday anyway. In Balotelli's case, the FA can squeeze a hearing in on Tuesday and I suspect that's exactly what they will do.

BigP said:
On the whole, the ref has screwed both city and west brom as both players involved with Balotelli's sending off are both facing 3 match bans.
Mulumbu isn't. One-game ban

dannybcity said:
eshiers1 said:
it would get downgraded to a yellow

therefore still a one game ban and he would miss the derby

This isn't the case apparently. He'd still get a red card but just not serve the suspension.

really?

that seems astonishing to me

if ballo's wasn't a red (which i think it was) then it has to be a yellow so to be able to get away without any suspension seems crazy...but then again this is the FA so why am i surprised

I'd also like to point out that with Balotelli's leg being in a leg lock of sorts, and if Mulumba had rolled into the direction of Balotelli's leg it could have caused ligament or tendon damage or worse still, a break.

This should be the angle City challenge this from. What was Balo meant to do? Allow Mulumba to break his ankle?

If you watch Balotelli, he is clearly not looking at Mulumbu and he does not put his leg down with any force and also Mulumbu had hold of his leg.

The timeline for appeals has posted previously here is more info

II. Where there are insufficient working days between two matches for a Regulatory Commission to decide on a claim for wrongful dismissal, the timetable for notification and submission as set out in (d) hereabove will still apply. However, a Player will be eligible to play in matches prior to the decision of the Regulatory Commission, provided the claim for wrongful dismissal has been appropriately notified.
In respect of these specific circumstances, particular attention should be paid to (h) III. here above, in respect of claims brought which had no prospect of success or amounted to an abuse of process.

If the appeal is upheld it will not mean that the red will be reduced to a yellow the commission does not have this power. The appeal for wrongful dismissal will have to be supported by video evidence. The commission is not able to over rule the refs decision it is only allowed to consider if the punishment (3 game ban) is warranted based on the appeal evidence. That is why if it is upheld the record and the points awarded to player and club will still show red card

Can we refer to Mulumbu as BOWSER after Super Mario decked him?

Why was Bowser holding his face after the tackle? Fecking drama queen!!

That would tickle me at the COMS if we all sang "Bowser Bowser" every time he touched the ball.

I`ve had a chance to have a proper look at the footage from the extended highlights on the OS and tbh neither deserved any sort of card for the actual entanglement, it was just a tussle for the ball, the only real thing that can be said is that Balotelli`s face looks `angry` for want of a better phrase, still it wouldn`t surprise me if they went on something like`tackling with a mailicious look on your face` to justify it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.