Ballotelli appeal (Merged)

Re: Ballotelli appeal?

Dubai Blue said:
BigP said:
On the whole, the ref has screwed both city and west brom as both players involved with Balotelli's sending off are both facing 3 match bans.
Mulumbu isn't. One-game ban

Ah, yes, of course! Sorry, my bad.

I am still wondering why he was sent off? I just saw two players going in for a challenge and getting tangled up, no kick or aggresive act or is it just me?

Maybe he was just sent off for being Balotelli?

Mulumbu should have had 5 yellow cards in that game. Right after he actually got his 1st yellow he rugby tackled/ wrestled Barry down in a petty attempt to stop a City break dead in the tracks.

are we still unsure of whether he can play vs rags on wed?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Balotelli's ban started yesterday providing we don't appeal he will miss the derby.

I don't want him playing in the derby anyway, he'll only get himself sent off.

Hes played in the milan derby. He got through those fine.

He wont get himself sent off.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Balotelli's ban started yesterday providing we don't appeal he will miss the derby.

and what if tevez gets a knock in training today or in the first 10 mins of the derby, if we win the appeal he's another option thats how we should be looking at it

Stillsy said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Hes played in the milan derby. He got through those fine.

He wont get himself sent off.

i thought we had appealed? if not, we have till 1pm today is that correct?

Hi guys... good win for your lot yesterday.... looking forward to my lot having 4 of our next 5 games at home, Defoe back possibly tomorrow night along with VDV, Lennon, Corluka.... and King and Dawson in 2 weeks....

Anyway, the FA are a client of mine and I know a lot of people there.... just had message as I asked them if there was any chance that Thud will get done for his petulant kick out at Elmander on Saturday...apparently the ref saw it and did not deem it necessary to take action, so unless the FA request he look at it again, it is case closed on that one.....

On the Balotelli incident.... there are a number of factors involved....

Firstly the ref has to admit he made an error, the red won't just be rescinded it will be downgraded to a yellow, he already had a yellow so he would have been off anyway with a one game ban (Wednesday night).... City have until 5pm today to appeal, the appeal will be heard and dealt with tomorrow... so whatever way you look at it he will not be available on Wednesday.... Lastly, and possibly most importantly, if the referee decides he got it right, the disciplinary committee may also decide that the appeal is frivolous.... if that is the case the ban could be extended to 4 matches......

So the City management team have to decide to either accept the ban (and Dermot Gallagher has just said on SSN that it won't get overturned in his opinion)... or risk losing him for 4 games.....

Accoording to Dermot Gallagher "I dont think its a clear and obvious error"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.