Ballotelli appeal (Merged)

Re: Ballotelli appeal?

an appeal would clear him to play in the derby as the hearing wouldn't take place until at least thursday. this is what wio did last season so he could play in the semi but he eventually got a 4 match ban.

red cards can't be downgraded to yellow. following an appeal it's either a confirmed red or nothing.

Tricky_Trev said:
We are Manchester City, it's Mario Balotelli, David Gill's on the FA and we play the rags next. DO NOT APPEAL. Why would we want to make it 4 games instead 3?

Even if the appeal gets rejected he still gets to play against the rags seen as the appeal won't be done till Thursday its exactly what the Rags did with Rio Turdinand last season before they played us knowing fully well his appeal would be revoked.

the fact he got a yellow before the sending off does not enter the appeal,the red card cant be downgraded to a yellow to give a one match ban, the sole object of the appeal is to decide if the so called crime warrants a red card and it does not,however it may could have warranted a yellow but its to late to give a yellow, so he should escape a ban on the grounds that the red was a to severe desision by the ref,if this is permited he will keep the red card and the match ban will be lifted. i think he has a decent chance but the trouble is the media tend to swing these desisions and after watching dermot on sky i dont think the FA will help us out<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:17 pm --<br /><br />
C1TY4LIFE said:
Tricky_Trev said:
We are Manchester City, it's Mario Balotelli, David Gill's on the FA and we play the rags next. DO NOT APPEAL. Why would we want to make it 4 games instead 3?

Even if the appeal gets rejected he still gets to play against the rags seen as the appeal won't be done till Thursday its exactly what the Rags did with Rio Turdinand last season before they played us knowing fully well his appeal would be revoked.

fast track done tuesday!!

stalyblue said:
Andy Gray's views are of no consequence!

Surely not! What kind of madness is this?

Thanks for the clear explanation by the way; appreciate it.

this is confusing, who is telling truth here, what are the actual rules, i cant find them anywhere. suppose we have 40mins to appeal today? then take it from there.

marcspurs said:
Hi guys... good win for your lot yesterday.... looking forward to my lot having 4 of our next 5 games at home, Defoe back possibly tomorrow night along with VDV, Lennon, Corluka.... and King and Dawson in 2 weeks....

Anyway, the FA are a client of mine and I know a lot of people there.... just had message as I asked them if there was any chance that Thud will get done for his petulant kick out at Elmander on Saturday...apparently the ref saw it and did not deem it necessary to take action, so unless the FA request he look at it again, it is case closed on that one.....

On the Balotelli incident.... there are a number of factors involved....

Firstly the ref has to admit he made an error, the red won't just be rescinded it will be downgraded to a yellow, he already had a yellow so he would have been off anyway with a one game ban (Wednesday night).... City have until 5pm today to appeal, the appeal will be heard and dealt with tomorrow... so whatever way you look at it he will not be available on Wednesday.... Lastly, and possibly most importantly, if the referee decides he got it right, the disciplinary committee may also decide that the appeal is frivolous.... if that is the case the ban could be extended to 4 matches......

So the City management team have to decide to either accept the ban (and Dermot Gallagher has just said on SSN that it won't get overturned in his opinion)... or risk losing him for 4 games.....
Tell your clients they are fookin bent - How Hundred gets away with it (don´t forget CL elbow) and we get clobbered even for innocuous stuff and refs mistakes leaves me with one and only one conclusion - they have an anti City agenda - they just need any excuse and they stick the knife in and no it´s NOT fookin paranoia!! All these incidents are available to be reviewed but when it comes to some they are conveniently swept under the carpet FA = NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE

C1TY4LIFE said:
Tricky_Trev said:

It isn't exactly what the rags did with Ferdinand at all. He wasn't sent off for a start. He was retrospectively charged with violent conduct. This in itself took up an extra two days of time that isn't relevant to Balotelli's case.

Astuteboy said:
stalyblue said:
Andy Gray's views are of no consequence!

Surely not! What kind of madness is this?

Only to the panel, of course. I appreciate that his opinion is true fact to the rest of us :-)

tonethestone said:
this is confusing, who is telling truth here, what are the actual rules, i cant find them anywhere. suppose we have 40mins to appeal today? then take it from there.
What you mean,we have appealed already aint we,news has bin saying we have appealed all day!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.