Balo

Skashion said:
FantasyIreland said:
He's a cnut.

He didn't give a fuck about City and constantly took the piss yet some of you carry on like he was a club legend,unbelievable.

I wanted him out of our club a long time back as i could see he was a wrong un for us,just a shame we wasted so much time and money on the screwball.
No he isn't. He's a good guy. It doesn't surprise me in the least that those people who thought he'd slag us off (and you were one of those) haven't had recourse to think, actually, maybe I was wrong about his character. You keep building him up as a twat in your head all you want and you call him a twat all you want, you repeating the same mantra will not change the views of those who had a better read on him than you. I predicted he would praise the fans and Mancini. He did. I was right. You were wrong.

I don't see how he took the piss at all. Did he suddenly fuck off for weeks or months of leave? No. Was he happy sitting on the bench? No, he wasn't. He's not pulled a Wayne Bridge on us. Or a Roque Santa Cruz. Or a Danny Mills. Or a Carlos Tevez. As soon as it became clear he wasn't going to be playing football for us, he left, on reduced wages. I don't see anything about that that comes close to taking the piss. I see a decent person, doing the right thing. A guy who wants to play football, not getting it, moves on for reduced wages with a minimum of hassle and praises the club, the fans and manager whilst doing it.

You're acting as if you've been proved right when you know those of us who like him don't think you have been, at all. On the contrary, I think I'm being proved right.

However, just remember, for now, and all-time:
  • Best goal ratio in our first title-winning season in 44 years.
  • One of the first three City players nominated for the Balon d'Or
  • In his time as a City player, top ten all-time goal ratio in the Premier League (whilst playing much of 10/11 and 12/13 on the left rather than centre-forward)

Get a room, biggest man crush ever!

Mike N said:
It seems he was a lovely lad and everyone who knew him, liked him.

He wasnt a good player though. He didnt give a shit for us and he is no legend. Just listing out a load of others tossers who played for us and didnt give a shit proves nothing.

He played in our greatest ever team and anyone of his, clear, ability would have scored a hatfull of goals. If you took his pens out of his tally it wouldnt be as impressive as it seems.

If he'd have really cared for us he would have proved it. Someone mentioned lately that they'd never seen a player move less on a football pitch, brilliant. What about his sendings off for us? What about Arsenal last year when he did his level best to get sent off because we all knew he should have been sent off by half-time but he managed it in the second half. It least his absence won us the league though.

He couldnt even do it for Mancini who showed so much patience. What a waste.
A matter of opinion. I think he was a good player for us. I think a number of stats prove he was. He's a legend to me. I don't care if he's not a legend to you, but looking back at the highlight reels of the past two seasons, and he was there in most of the key moments, and that is not a matter of opinion. These past two seasons will live long in the memory, especially 11/12.

Problem with that argument is he's won a lot of the penalties himself. Also, an average striker bags 8 in 10 penalties, so with Mario you've got to add 20% onto his penalty tally because he's never missed one in a game.

You think he got himself sent off on purpose? Why would he WANT to get himself sent off? As for his absence winning us the title. No, it was the return of our key players from injury that won us the title. Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero playing in the same team makes a huge difference. Again, I think I've been proven right on this again. Last year, Mario was blamed as a scapegoat for dropping points when our key players were out. This year when key players like Kompany and Yaya were out, who's to blame now? Actually, nevermind, let's not go with logic, like key players being missing explaining points being dropped, let's explain it by something like; Mancini is keeping them on a leash now, and it was Balotelli's fault last season. Something clever like that... Even with the return of our key players though, I don't think we'd have won against QPR without subbing Balotelli on.

-- Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:49 am --

cookster said:
Irony alert. I've never started a thread on him. YOU started a thread just to slag him off. You're far more obsessed with him than I'll ever be.

Skashion said:
Mike N said:
It seems he was a lovely lad and everyone who knew him, liked him.

He wasnt a good player though. He didnt give a shit for us and he is no legend. Just listing out a load of others tossers who played for us and didnt give a shit proves nothing.

He played in our greatest ever team and anyone of his, clear, ability would have scored a hatfull of goals. If you took his pens out of his tally it wouldnt be as impressive as it seems.

If he'd have really cared for us he would have proved it. Someone mentioned lately that they'd never seen a player move less on a football pitch, brilliant. What about his sendings off for us? What about Arsenal last year when he did his level best to get sent off because we all knew he should have been sent off by half-time but he managed it in the second half. It least his absence won us the league though.

He couldnt even do it for Mancini who showed so much patience. What a waste.
A matter of opinion. I think he was a good player for us. I think a number of stats prove he was. He's a legend to me. I don't care if he's not a legend to you, but looking back at the highlight reels of the past two seasons, and he was there in most of the key moments, and that is not a matter of opinion. These past two seasons will live long in the memory, especially 11/12.

Problem with that argument is he's won a lot of the penalties himself. Also, an average striker bags 8 in 10 penalties, so with Mario you've got to add 20% onto his penalty tally because he's never missed one in a game.

You think he got himself sent off on purpose? Why would he WANT to get himself sent off? As for his absence winning us the title. No, it was the return of our key players from injury that won us the title. Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero playing in the same team makes a huge difference. Again, I think I've been proven right on this again. Last year, Mario was blamed as a scapegoat for dropping points when our key players were out. This year when key players like Kompany and Yaya were out, who's to blame now? Actually, nevermind, let's not go with logic, like key players being missing explaining points being dropped, let's explain it by something like; Mancini is keeping them on a leash now, and it was Balotelli's fault last season. Something clever like that... Even with the return of our key players though, I don't think we'd have won against QPR without subbing Balotelli on.

-- Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:49 am --

cookster said:
Irony alert. I've never started a thread on him. YOU started a thread just to slag him off. You're far more obsessed with him than I'll ever be.

Denial its not the answer your inner soul needs right now skashy, be true to yourself............you owe yourself that x.

( ;^,)

A great start in Italian football - even his critics must admit that.

4 goals in 3 games I think catapulting AC Milan into a Champions League position

cibaman said:
I only watched the first half. It seemed a typical Mario performance. A couple of delightful touches, a couple of pointless fouls, a fair bit of walking about.
Ace in the second half. Would've had an assist but for Boateng's finishing, maybe even two.

I thought he played well and is suited to being the main man for Milan.He was and is a little immature,when this is sorted he will become one of the best in the world.A pity he was'nt prepared to mature with us but I wish him nothing but the best for the future.

FantasyIreland said:
He's a cnut.

He didn't give a fuck about City and constantly took the piss yet some of you carry on like he was a club legend,unbelievable.

I wanted him out of our club a long time back as i could see he was a wrong un for us,just a shame we wasted so much time and money on the screwball.

Cant disagree, to see the **** suddenly 'find form' pisses me off an all. Lazy twat.

I'm happy for him. AC is the perfect platform for his career to really take off now, he needed the change of scenary, starting every week, and playing as a the focal point for the team. Balotelli has played a key role in the clubs successes since arriving; two MOTM performances in the FA Cup semi and final, regular goal scorer in the title winning season, and of course making the difference as a sub on the final day. I wish him all the best. I'll miss those guaranteed goals penalties.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.