Balotelli alleged "stamp" V Spurs

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/23/mario-balotelli-charged-stamp-scott-parker" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... ott-parker</a>

Mario Balotelli charged with violent conduct for 'stamp' on Scott Parker
• Manchester City forward facing four-match ban
• Balotelli has until 6pm Wednesday to appeal

Mario Balotelli could miss the Carling Cup semi-final plus three league games for Manchester City after he was charged with violent conduct for kicking Scott Parker on the head during Sunday's 3-2 win against Tottenham Hotspur.

The Italian striker, who Harry Redknapp insisted should not have been on the pitch to convert the stoppage-time penalty that defeated Spurs, was charged this evening once the Football Association had considered referee Howard Webb's official match report. Webb has confirmed he missed the 83rd-minute incident at the Etihad Stadium and would have shown Balotelli a straight red card had he spotted the City substitute appearing to aim a back-heel at the Tottenham midfielder as he lay on the floor.

Balotelli has until 6pm on Wednesday to respond. Should the 21-year-old accept the FA charge he will automatically serve a four-match suspension, having already been dismissed once this season, for two bookable offences in the Premier League draw at Liverpool in November. That would rule him out of Wednesday's Carling Cup semi-final second leg at Anfield, where City must overcome a 1-0 first leg deficit to reach Wembley, and league games against Everton, Fulham and Aston Villa.

The Italy international could also appeal, which would leave him free to face Liverpool and result in a disciplinary hearing later this week. However, that would also bring the risk of an extra game's suspension for a frivolous appeal and threaten Balotelli's involvement in the Carling Cup Final, should Roberto Mancini's team manage to progress. The Premier League leaders have yet to decide with Balotelli what course to take.

The FA have also confirmed that no action will be brought against Joleon Lescott for catching the Spurs defender Younes Kaboul with a flailing arm during Sunday's game.

LoveCity said:
Official, he's been charged. Told you, Webb said he didn't see it apparently when he clearly did.

Like i said yesterday im neutral on this as i follow neither team, to me it wasnt intentional, and for the referee to say he never saw it. just goes to show how corrupt the F.A and referees are, he was looking right at the incident and about 2 yards away.

I could understand Lescott's incident not being seen and maybe looked at again but balotelli could do nothing about making contact with parkers head, the replays clearly show he landed on his hand and realised so and in the action off pulling away made contact with parkers head.

If there gonna pull him up on this then i expect petrov to be pulled up also as he booted frimpong full in the face and knocked him out cold.

both incidents were pure accidental.

UTV CoE82

Of course it was a stamp, he will get a ban and rightly so, also I think we should get rid of him altogether because in the words of GS he's a car crash waiting to happen, imo he's a liability to this club, he's an impudent , spoilt little brat who needs to grow up.

For the record I'm neither a United fan nor a WUM, it's my honest opinion, tbh Ive been puzzled for a while why he has been lifted so high by many fans, if he really cared for this club he would behave himself.

Fire away.

the FArce strike again.

don't appeal it, we wont win so just get a game over with on wednesday.

fucking come on dzeko!!!

the FArce strike again.

fucking come on dzeko!!!

Next six domestic fixtures:

Liverpool (cup)
Everton
Fulham
Villa
Blackburn
Bolton

So if we accept the ban he'll be back for Blackburn. If we appeal it he can play against Liverpool I think?

Can his ban be extended if we appeal, surely we can argue the Modric push?

the FArce strike again.

fucking come on dzeko!!!

Hypocrites the lot of them

Souness ; The man who dished out more stamps than the Royal Mail saying Mario is "a car crash waiting to happen"

Arry does'nt like waving imaginary cards to get someone sent off but its ok to scream to the FA in front of his media chums to get a player banned

Hypocrites the lot of them

Souness ; The man who dished out more stamps than the Royal Mail saying Mario is "a car crash waiting to happen"

Arry does'nt like waving imaginary cards to get someone sent off but its ok to scream to the FA in front of his media chums to get a player banned

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.