Balotelli Apology

Clubber said:
From Rob Harris on Twitter

@RobHarris: Balotelli apology: I'm very sorry for what happened and for the disappointment caused to Man City & especially to Roberto Mancini

@RobHarris: Balotelli on City future: "At the end of the season I will speak with the club & we'll see"

FFS How many times he'll apologize? How many? He got number of wake up calls but he never woke up.

I really think when Mancini tells him to use his head, he uses it only for headbutt.

bapi said:
I don't trust him anymore. Sad.

Waste of a shirt. If he has ability I haven't seen it. Has he ever lifted anyone off their seat with a piece of magic ?? No. So where is he hiding all this ability.
Would love him to be a success but get the impression he cant be bothered.

chrismcfc1 said:
bapi said:

Waste of a shirt. If he has ability I haven't seen it. Has he ever lifted anyone off their seat with a piece of magic ?? No. So where is he hiding all this ability.
Seriously? Can think of a few, but his opener at the Swamp was a touch of genius.

malg said:
chrismcfc1 said:
bapi said:

Seriously? Can think of a few, but his opener at the Swamp was a touch of genius.
The ability line was a bit short-sighted. He has shown (albeit too few times) flashes of what he's capable of. The goal you mention, the goal against Villa in the cup last season and the shoulder goal against Norwich, to name another couple that spring to mind. However, the question is does the good outweigh the bad? At the moment, I would have to say no.

Mancini should have offered the lad more protection. Was it necessary to keep him on the pitch after half time? Mancini's public criticism while it may not phase Balo certainly adds to the media frenzy which filter down to referees overeacting to everything the player does. Mancini should just have kept his mouth shut.

I suspect that Mancini is using Balo as a scapegoat for his own shortcomings.

Are the Real Madrid/City implosions related to the fact that Mancini knows he's going a la Sven and Mourinho knows he is coming?

In addition Mancini bought Dzeko, why the hell does he refuse to use him? And don't tell me he's no good, this is a player that would do very well if utilized correctly.

Clubber said:
johnny on the spot said:

Hope not. Hopefully he will be made to feel like shit for the rest of the season by everyone at the club to hammer home what he has actually done.

Mancini needs to treat him like every other player and stop making exception for him, as it's not helping either of them.

Balotelli knows Mancini wants the best for him, so hopefully Mancini will go to town on him and get him to finally straighten himself out. Like many have said, Balotelli is t the first to make mistakes, but this doesn't make it right.

Hope Balotelli turns it around as he could be mint.

You have to treat people as individuals but you cannot make allowances for one whilst treating others according to accepted norms of running a football team. It breeds resentment, the very antithesis of team spirit. This is what Mancini has done, with the best of intentions, and it's backfired like one of Mario's fireworks, and I should imagine that Roberto will have the bite marks on his arse for much of next season.

Can't believe people think Mario is a scapegoat. No-one is blaming him for the Arsenal defeat, but there's no denying the fact that his antics jeopardise everything we're trying to accomplish at City.

The Spurs game is a classic example...we were lucky that his stupidity didn't cost us in that game but it quite easily could have. He's a ticking time bomb.

Hasn't he apologised before?
Why should another apology make any difference to anyone?
If it wasn't for the fact that Mancini puts his foot in his gob every time he appears at a presser, and I'm sick of hearing excuses/apologies from him, it's Mancini who should be apologising publicly. Whether the apology is for team selection generally; balo;tactics; substitutions would be interesting an he ought to be apologising for them all, but, all I'm interested in is Mancini keeping out of the limelight and getting us 3 wins on the bounce now to keep things alive so that the scum don't win the league at our place, and so that we can keep the chase going into the last few games. I want us to have a strong finish, Mancini to learn from his mistakes, and to stay, because I think a change of manager is most likely to be counter productive and expensive.
That little rant over - as to Balo, being black and Italian, he was always up against it with our media. Add in the archetypical histrionics when a decision goes against him, with displays of anger and petulance; throw in a few snidy, nasty challenges - cowardly really, making himself look hard by leaving his foot in, or looking like he's stamping on someone's head (not that I'm saying he should properly stamp on someone like Scott E Parker's head, but that is almost forgiveable!) - never actually going through with any of these challenges, or really actually hurting an opponent very much at all, don't even put him in the 'hard man' bracket.
So, what have we got? A pretty good player who has scored some good goals at the top level. Bit like Grant Holt really. Differences? He lets his team mates down regularly, embarrasses the club, and irritates us to f***. But we paid £20m + and will recoup nothing like that when we sell him in the summer - and we do have to get rid because he is a liability and shows no sign of changing, despite numerous warnings, fines and bans. Whereas Grant Holt - and lots of other apparently journeyman players - who couldn't be more unlike Mario, gets on with it, gets stuck in, and works hard for his team like a good professional should.
Do Grant Holt's team mates want him in the team? Definitely yes.
Do Mario's want Mario in the team, as things stand? Absolutely not.
It's a shocking comparison, but, I know who I would rather have had in a blue shirt up front for us last Sunday.

the blue panther said:
So, what have we got? A pretty good player who has scored some good goals at the top level. Bit like Grant Holt really.
Ha ha, love it. But you're going to get tons and tons of flak thrown at you from the people who can't see past this comparison to the point you were actually making.

That's the sad thing about Balotelli's time at City. I honestly believe that if he'd been transported in from Mars and nobody had ever heard of him and his perennial 'potential' before, there wouldn't be people wanking furiously over his performances. We bought hype, and on the whole he's failed to live up to it, whilst causing all sorts of problems along the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.