Balotelli Apology

If the players and manager are happy to work with him next season then I'll be glad to see him stay.

But Mancini seems to have had enough, and when he was down at the end of the first half the players didn't seem to be arsed about him.

So I can understand if he is moved on.

As for the apology I think it's refreshing that he is at least making the effort to show remorse and make out like he wants to stay. I also think that with Tevez (definately) and Dzeko (maybe) out the door, three new strikers might be a bit much to put into the team.

Rushton121 said:
bluefandk said:
I find it baffling that the very people who expect Tevez to be forgiven are the ones who want to throw Balotelli under the bus.

Exactly

When the whole thing happened with Tevez 99% of City fans wanted his head, then a dip in form for Silva and Aguero/ Dzeko and suddenly he has to be brought back into the side to save our season.

We would've lost the game against Sunderland had it not been for Mario, Yet people are more focussed on his little scuffle with Kolarov (in which it was Kolarov who pushed Mario)

When Rooney does his stupid shit, i.e two footed lunges or kicking out at players, do the Utd fans call him a disgrace and want him out of the club? no.

He's a scapegoat. The team have been playing poorly. In fact I'd say he's been one of the better players recently.

However, and it's a big however, he needs tom keep his head down both on and OFF the pitch. The press are out for him, the refs are out for him.

Mancini has not helped with his ridiculous comments about wanting to hit him/sell him etc

He should be protecting the lad, like Ferguson did with Giggs. Instead he keeps him on the pitch when it's obvious what's going to unfold.

He bought Edin for nearly 30 mill. Why not bring him on?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Rushton121 said:
bluefandk said:
I find it baffling that the very people who expect Tevez to be forgiven are the ones who want to throw Balotelli under the bus.

Exactly

When the whole thing happened with Tevez 99% of City fans wanted his head, then a dip in form for Silva and Aguero/ Dzeko and suddenly he has to be brought back into the side to save our season.

We would've lost the game against Sunderland had it not been for Mario, Yet people are more focussed on his little scuffle with Kolarov (in which it was Kolarov who pushed Mario)

When Rooney does his stupid shit, i.e two footed lunges or kicking out at players, do the Utd fans call him a disgrace and want him out of the club? no.

This is because Rooney influences virtually every game he plays for them. Mario doesn't even influence 25%. He could be great but for some reason chooses not to be.

I will be happy to see Tevez out of the door too.

How many times has Rooney gone for months without scoring? Wasn't his latest drought around 3 months without scoring for Club and country?

it's all in the pundits/ the media/ sky's interest to criticise Balotelli every chance they get, and sadly it seems that the majority of blues have been taken in by it.

moomba said:
If the players and manager are happy to work with him next season then I'll be glad to see him stay.

But Mancini seems to have had enough, and when he was down at the end of the first half the players didn't seem to be arsed about him.

So I can understand if he is moved on.

As for the apology I think it's refreshing that he is at least making the effort to show remorse and make out like he wants to stay. I also think that with Tevez (definately) and Dzeko (maybe) out the door, three new strikers might be a bit much to put into the team.

Hopefully Mancini won't be here to make that call.

Edin is a good striker, so should stay. Tevez and Adebayor obviously need to be off loaded. One because he's trouble, the other because he can't be arsed.

That leaves Kun and Edin and Guidetti(possibly). It would be up to the new gaffer if he thinks he can work with Mario. But it is possible he needs to go for his own sake as much as ours. So swap for Cavani.

So Kun, Edin, Cavani, Guidetti

When Rooney was Balotelli's age he scored 14 times in 33 starts (plus 2 sub appearances) in the league, 23 times in 51 starts (plus 4 sub appearances overall). He had similar issues with discipline, and attitude.

So far Balo has 13 in 14 starts (plus 8 sub appearances) in the league, 17 in 21 starts (plus 10 sub appearances).

Sure the attitude is a big issue, but we shouldn't just ignore what he can bring to the table.

I dont think we have had a player before that devides opinion like Mario does.
Nobody denies that he can play football.
The issue is are we better off with him or without him.
I keep seeing the statement if players are happy to have him then lets keep him.
Surely it isnt as simple as that. Players mey say one thin but mean something else. Interested parties have different agendas.
At the end of the day the future of Manchester City is more important than anybody else. The only way we can move on as a club and potentially win the premiership in future years is to rid the club of anybody who causes trouble and disharmony. This includes players and coaching staff.
The top sides win together and rid themselves of negative influences.
Whether we would have won the league without the Tevez and Balotelli issues nobody will ever know but one things for sure, neither has helped and we would have been better off without them.
Whilst I accept that both Tevez and Balotelli can play, I would rather it be elsewhere.

People just can't have it both ways.

You can't insist there is an agenda and say the media and referees want him moved out to weaken us.

When Balotelli can impact our team/performance to such an extent, he misses 16 games through suspension, is sent-off in games, and costs us so dearly on and off the pitch.

Surely the agenda machine should be shouting 'Stay Mario, stay. You're the best thing since sliced bread, Mario'.

The only agenda on show is Balotelli's, the self-serving one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.