Balotelli Apology

brian the blue said:
moomba said:
When Rooney was Balotelli's age he scored 14 times in 33 starts (plus 2 sub appearances) in the league, 23 times in 51 starts (plus 4 sub appearances overall). He had similar issues with discipline, and attitude.

So far Balo has 13 in 14 starts (plus 8 sub appearances) in the league, 17 in 21 starts (plus 10 sub appearances).

Sure the attitude is a big issue, but we shouldn't just ignore what he can bring to the table.

Was about to make this very point.

Yes Rooney influences every game he plays in now, but when he was 20/21 he had a fairly average goalscoring record given his potential. He also had a poor diciplinary record, which he still does to be honest (it just gets overlooked now), but it all goes out the window as he's Englands "white Pele".

Disappointed with the amount of City fans that would welcome a change in management and Tevez staying, yet they'd throw a highly talented kid under the bus because he's immature and has a few diciplinary issues (most of which are undeserved).

It's not just his disciplinary record that I personally get pissed off with. It's the lazy attitude, the off the field antics that come with him. When was the last time that you heard Rooney staying out past curfew by going to a restaurant or a strip club? Setting off fireworks in his bathroom?

Perhaps this is naive of me but I just want this highly rated professional footballer to be just that, professional. The way he's been during his time with us he's not shown any sign of professionalism or maturing.

As for Tevez, the reason why some fans - (myself included) are willing to forgive him is because last season, he single handedly got us into the Champions League due to his goals and his performances week in week out!

moomba said:
When Rooney was Balotelli's age he scored 14 times in 33 starts (plus 2 sub appearances) in the league, 23 times in 51 starts (plus 4 sub appearances overall). He had similar issues with discipline, and attitude.

So far Balo has 13 in 14 starts (plus 8 sub appearances) in the league, 17 in 21 starts (plus 10 sub appearances).

Sure the attitude is a big issue, but we shouldn't just ignore what he can bring to the table.

Balotelli's disciplinary record isnt just poor, its awful, granted he doesnt get a lot of leeway from refs but with those tackles yesterday he doesnt help himself. Also, for the fact that at his age Rooney was playing 33 and 51 games in the season, Balotelli has missed too many matches through suspension and its alright defending him now and comparing to rooney but it doesnt like he's going to grow up, where rooney is now a 20-30 goal a season player each year.

nevilletogoater-in said:
It's not just his disciplinary record that I personally get pissed off with. It's the lazy attitude, the off the field antics that come with him. When was the last time that you heard Rooney staying out past curfew by going to a restaurant or a strip club? Setting off fireworks in his bathroom?

Rooney was dropped for the Blackburn game this season after a night on the piss.

The problem with city fans is they echo and mirror the negative press we get from the media. If we would have acquired Mario from the English lower leagues and we were still in the 'old second division' he'd be a hero. I, for one, love a forward who likes to get his foot in. It's time to remember who we are and where we've come from. We don't jump all over our players, especially one who's 21 years old: we're not Arsenal, United or any other plastic shit club who thinks they have the right to win every game.

I love Mario. I love the way he's played this season, and I'll be singing his name, as loud and as drunk as i can on Wednesday.

CTID<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:57 pm --<br /><br />The problem with city fans is they echo and mirror the negative press we get from the media. If we would have acquired Mario from the English lower leagues and we were still in the 'old second division' he'd be a hero. I, for one, love a forward who likes to get his foot in. It's time to remember who we are and where we've come from. We don't jump all over our players, especially one who's 21 years old: we're not Arsenal, United or any other plastic shit club who thinks they have the right to win every game.

I love Mario. I love the way he's played this season, and I'll be singing his name, as loud and as drunk as i can on Wednesday.

CTID
mancityvstoke said:
Any sign of apologies to fans who pay lots of hard earned dosh to watch him fuck things up for us?

Tevez = same.

paul powers mustache said:
The problem with city fans is they echo and mirror the negative press we get from the media. If we would have acquired Mario from the English lower leagues and we were still in the 'old second division' he'd be a hero. I, for one, love a forward who likes to get his foot in. It's time to remember who we are and where we've come from. We don't jump all over our players, especially one who's 21 years old: we're not Arsenal, United or any other plastic shit club who thinks they have the right to win every game.

CTID
There's a forward to loves to stick his foot in, then there's a forward who makes numerous stupid tackles and is suspended for nearly half the games he could have played in a season. How come a lot of other 21 year olds in the league are able to act normally but with Balotelli he gets the excuse 'hes only 21', even when its simple things on the field he should be getting right such as being able to not get sent off.

Balotelli is catching a lot of heat and most of it is over the top, yes he should have gone for his first half tackle but as Gary Neville said he can't tackle, it's not like he's the first forward who can't is it. Mancini knew it was a risk leaving him on but who else was going to create a goal out of nothing for us?? Aguero was ordinary and has been for some time now and Arsenal were all over us. Balo almost scored with the overhead, almost scored before he kicked the post, he gets criticised for not caring so why did he kick the post, my guess, he was frustrated because he knew he should have scored and was angry at himself. Just before he gets sent off if the keeper doesn't get his finger tips to the cross he's just behind him waiting to nod it in - who else was there?.

Joe Hart's giving it large but he got beat again from outside the box to his left hand post just like he did for Sunderland's first, he needs to look at his own performances.

Balo is only 21 and we are big enough to persevere with him, we can have 5 strikers in the squad if needs be and work on getting the guy sorted. Tell him to stop tackling and tracking back (which he does a lot of without much credit) and let him do what he does best score. How soon City fans forget the opener in the derby and his second plus the pen verses Spurs - just three of the goals he has scored this season.

I used to stand on the Kippax with the like of White, Quinn, Rösler and Sheron up front, remember when Redmond won player of the year and i was happy with that. How spoilt have some City fans become? Oh to have had a player of Balotelli's quality up front back then with or without his problems.

bapi said:
The problem is... Mario will never ever change.
I'm afraid that's what's bothering me about him,tbh would anyone have been surprised if he'd got a 2nd yellow earlier.
Defenders know they can wind him up and he will react,IF he isn't a disruptive influence at City i'd say give him more time. But even our manager said he could have subbed him after 5 minutes in one game and also said playing up front with him must be a nightmare.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.