Balotelli Apology

were you you're crying when you wrote that?

The reason we were beat wasn't the number of stupid tackles that Mario made. He got sent off when we were well beaten.

He's fuckin class. He's the best character in the premiership. Why do you care about us winning every game. You must have got used to us winning nothing by now.

Apart from RVB, who also can spit his dummy out and act like a child, I wouldn't have anybody else.

And by the way if something was lost in my remark regarding ' loving a player who puts his foot in', what i meant was, i love a player that physically hurts other players. (there i said it)

BlueTG said:
paul powers mustache said:
The problem with city fans is they echo and mirror the negative press we get from the media. If we would have acquired Mario from the English lower leagues and we were still in the 'old second division' he'd be a hero. I, for one, love a forward who likes to get his foot in. It's time to remember who we are and where we've come from. We don't jump all over our players, especially one who's 21 years old: we're not Arsenal, United or any other plastic shit club who thinks they have the right to win every game.

I love Mario. I love the way he's played this season, and I'll be singing his name, as loud and as drunk as i can on Wednesday.

CTID
There's a forward to loves to stick his foot in, then there's a forward who makes numerous stupid tackles and is suspended for nearly half the games he could have played in a season. How come a lot of other 21 year olds in the league are able to act normally but with Balotelli he gets the excuse 'hes only 21', even when its simple things on the field he should be getting right such as being able to not get sent off.
<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:20 pm --<br /><br />Exactly
adrian99 said:
Balotelli is catching a lot of heat and most of it is over the top, yes he should have gone for his first half tackle but as Gary Neville said he can't tackle, it's not like he's the first forward who can't is it. Mancini knew it was a risk leaving him on but who else was going to create a goal out of nothing for us?? Aguero was ordinary and has been for some time now and Arsenal were all over us. Balo almost scored with the overhead, almost scored before he kicked the post, he gets criticised for not caring so why did he kick the post, my guess, he was frustrated because he knew he should have scored and was angry at himself. Just before he gets sent off if the keeper doesn't get his finger tips to the cross he's just behind him waiting to nod it in - who else was there?.

Joe Hart's giving it large but he got beat again from outside the box to his left hand post just like he did for Sunderland's first, he needs to look at his own performances.

Balo is only 21 and we are big enough to persevere with him, we can have 5 strikers in the squad if needs be and work on getting the guy sorted. Tell him to stop tackling and tracking back (which he does a lot of without much credit) and let him do what he does best score. How soon City fans forget the opener in the derby and his second plus the pen verses Spurs - just three of the goals he has scored this season.

I used to stand on the Kippax with the like of White, Quinn, Rösler and Sheron up front, remember when Redmond won player of the year and i was happy with that. How spoilt have some City fans become? Oh to have had a player of Balotelli's quality up front back then with or without his problems.

He's fuckin class. He's the best character in the premiership. Why do you care about us winning every game. You must have got used to us winning nothing by now.

Apart from RVB, who also can spit his dummy out and act like a child, I wouldn't have anybody else.

This is a joke right? "Best character"? :)

brian the blue said:
moomba said:
When Rooney was Balotelli's age he scored 14 times in 33 starts (plus 2 sub appearances) in the league, 23 times in 51 starts (plus 4 sub appearances overall). He had similar issues with discipline, and attitude.

So far Balo has 13 in 14 starts (plus 8 sub appearances) in the league, 17 in 21 starts (plus 10 sub appearances).

Sure the attitude is a big issue, but we shouldn't just ignore what he can bring to the table.

Was about to make this very point.

Yes Rooney influences every game he plays in now, but when he was 20/21 he had a fairly average goalscoring record given his potential. He also had a poor diciplinary record, which he still does to be honest (it just gets overlooked now), but it all goes out the window as he's Englands "white Pele".

Disappointed with the amount of City fans that would welcome a change in management and Tevez staying, yet they'd throw a highly talented kid under the bus because he's immature and has a few diciplinary issues (most of which are undeserved).

How many times was Rooney sent of at his age?

no?

Matt the Giant said:

no?

Matt the Giant said:

Then your definition of "best character" in the PL is very different from mine. Maybe you refer to Mario the celebrity/entertainer and not the football player?

A character I want my kids to look up to and be inspired by as they dream if becoming professional football players, has pretty much nothing in common with Mario.

Let's face it he has been a marked man since arriving at the club. It started with the press because they didn't like him being so cocky, remember the Wilshire comment and him spouting off about being the best young player in the world.

Mario seemed to love all the attention especially the negative type, the constant press hype and bullshit stories was then picked up by refs and the FA.

IMO Mario has played his last game for City. I think he will go back to Italy cause havoc over there for a few seasons then just fade into history as another possible great player who wasted their talent.

IMHO Mario needs to go. His tackling is quite frankly a disgrace. Let's be honest if he was not playing for City most of the guys the Mario crush on here would hate his guts. Everyone of his tackles against Arsenal could have been a bad injury especially the first one which the Ref missed. He has a history of that kind of shit. It is not clumsiness either, it is malicious.

adrian99 said:
Balotelli is catching a lot of heat and most of it is over the top, yes he should have gone for his first half tackle but as Gary Neville said he can't tackle, it's not like he's the first forward who can't is it. Mancini knew it was a risk leaving him on but who else was going to create a goal out of nothing for us?? Aguero was ordinary and has been for some time now and Arsenal were all over us. Balo almost scored with the overhead, almost scored before he kicked the post, he gets criticised for not caring so why did he kick the post, my guess, he was frustrated because he knew he should have scored and was angry at himself. Just before he gets sent off if the keeper doesn't get his finger tips to the cross he's just behind him waiting to nod it in - who else was there?.

Joe Hart's giving it large but he got beat again from outside the box to his left hand post just like he did for Sunderland's first, he needs to look at his own performances.

Balo is only 21 and we are big enough to persevere with him, we can have 5 strikers in the squad if needs be and work on getting the guy sorted. Tell him to stop tackling and tracking back (which he does a lot of without much credit) and let him do what he does best score. How soon City fans forget the opener in the derby and his second plus the pen verses Spurs - just three of the goals he has scored this season.

I used to stand on the Kippax with the like of White, Quinn, Rösler and Sheron up front, remember when Redmond won player of the year and i was happy with that. How spoilt have some City fans become? Oh to have had a player of Balotelli's quality up front back then with or without his problems.

When summing up our car crash of a performance against Sunderland, this is something Neville picked up on regarding their first goal - he said Balotelli was at least tracking back and doing his bit but pointed the finger at Dzeko who clearly didn't. That might not fit in with some people's perceptions as to which players are working hardest off the ball but the reality is that in that particular situation Mario was doing his job but Edin wasn't.

And before anyone starts, I'm not hating on Dzeko here - he comes in for too much unfair criticism too from some of our fans IMO.

Mark - TheBlue said:
brian the blue said:
moomba said:
When Rooney was Balotelli's age he scored 14 times in 33 starts (plus 2 sub appearances) in the league, 23 times in 51 starts (plus 4 sub appearances overall). He had similar issues with discipline, and attitude.

So far Balo has 13 in 14 starts (plus 8 sub appearances) in the league, 17 in 21 starts (plus 10 sub appearances).

Sure the attitude is a big issue, but we shouldn't just ignore what he can bring to the table.

Was about to make this very point.

Yes Rooney influences every game he plays in now, but when he was 20/21 he had a fairly average goalscoring record given his potential. He also had a poor diciplinary record, which he still does to be honest (it just gets overlooked now), but it all goes out the window as he's Englands "white Pele".

Disappointed with the amount of City fans that would welcome a change in management and Tevez staying, yet they'd throw a highly talented kid under the bus because he's immature and has a few diciplinary issues (most of which are undeserved).

How many times was Rooney sent of at his age?

Rooney has been sent off twice for United in 354 games and a retrospective ban. Balotelli 4 times for us in 58 games and a retrospective ban. I think that ends that argument

Given Rooney hasn't got a yellow card so far this season I think it's fair to say he might have benefited from a touch of lenience from the referees over the years.

I can think of quite a few occasions where he should have been sent off but was given a stern talking too instead (and a cuddle and pat on the bum).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.