Balotelli: being a " character" is not enough (merged)

Re: being a " character" is not enough

prob been posted before, but anyway

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pFi_yoTp5c&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pFi_yoT ... re=related</a>

Re: All this "OMG, I love Balotelli, wot a legend, OMG" stuff

lancs blue said:
If the boo-boys don't drive him away we'll see the best of him next season IMO. I can't quite get my head round posters who describe him as a "waste of space", it suggests they either don't actually watch him closely or had made their minds up about him before he even arrived.

This is what I'm afraid of. Drive him away now and we'll watch him develop and start showing his potential in another team. I don't think people realise quite how hard it is to hold the line by yourself in a top 4 team when you're only 20 years old.

strongbowholic said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
That goal against Villa is the one class thing I can remember him doing.Trouble is I cannot remember anything else that I would consider special in any other game. And from reading a fair bit of this thread neither can anyone else.

It pushing it a bit to count being in the penalty area as one fo the good things he did in the 2nd half which I am sure is what one poster said. Talk about desperate.
But that's the point. He's 20 and has all that naturally in his locker. The key to Balo is sorting his head out. If we can do that, get some consistency out of him we will see a very, very good player, whom Mourinho said has the potential to go on and be one of, if not the best in the world.
I think alot of people forget he is only 20. When Micah was going through the terrible form last year people were calling for him to be sold and now people are crying for him to get fit so he can start. Micah is 2 years older than Mario. Let the kid mature.

strongbowholic said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
That goal against Villa is the one class thing I can remember him doing.Trouble is I cannot remember anything else that I would consider special in any other game. And from reading a fair bit of this thread neither can anyone else.

It pushing it a bit to count being in the penalty area as one fo the good things he did in the 2nd half which I am sure is what one poster said. Talk about desperate.
But that's the point. He's 20 and has all that naturally in his locker. The key to Balo is sorting his head out. If we can do that, get some consistency out of him we will see a very, very good player, whom Mourinho said has the potential to go on and be one of, if not the best in the world.

He has that all naturally in his locker!

Most players if given that same chance would score that goal against Villa if they attempted to in the same way, only about 1 in 10 maybe.

So what does that prove? Maybe that a lot of others would have taken another touch to make it more likley they would score rather than taking the gamble of a first time shot.

Take other examples from today.It could be said he was a tad unlucky with the one where he hit the bar but it could also be s aid that he missed a great chance.

Then the one from the Silva pass.He should have scored then or at least seen the shot cannon off a body rather than miss hitting it and seeing somebody get back to scramble it away.He knows that as we all did.

All I am saying is that the Villa goal could just as easily have been a fluke as any sort of proof that he is a genius goalscorer.I think I could probably find you a stunning finish by Emile Heskey that looked world class but we all know he was a hit and miss merchant and anything but a natural goalscorer.

Does he consistently score goals in training?Is it just a matter of time before we see the ability that you and others think is just lurking below the surface?

I hope it does come but with it needs to be a bigger more valuable contribution to the team. The more I watch the more I see teammates losing a little patience with him and , as we see clearly here, the fans are the same.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
strongbowholic said:

He has that all naturally in his locker!

Most players if given that same chance would score that goal against Villa if they attempted to in the same way, only about 1 in 10 maybe.

So what does that prove? Maybe that a lot of others would have taken another touch to make it more likley they would score rather than taking the gamble of a first time shot.

Take other examples from today.It could be said he was a tad unlucky with the one where he hit the bar but it could also be s aid that he missed a great chance.

Then the one from the Silva pass.He should have scored then or at least seen the shot cannon off a body rather than miss hitting it and seeing somebody get back to scramble it away.He knows that as we all did.

All I am saying is that the Villa goal could just as easily have been a fluke as any sort of proof that he is a genius goalscorer.I think I could probably find you a stunning finish by Emile Heskey that looked world class but we all know he was a hit and miss merchant and anything but a natural goalscorer.

Does he consistently score goals in training?Is it just a matter of time before we see the ability that you and others think is just lurking below the surface?

I hope it does come but with it needs to be a bigger more valuable contribution to the team. The more I watch the more I see teammates losing a little patience with him and , as we see clearly here, the fans are the same.

I completely agree, I'll also add I think his anticipation is rubbish.

There's no doubting his talent, it's his f**king awful sulky attitude, persistent fouling and rolling around at the slightest contact that wind me up. He looks like it's beneath him to put a shift in and wear the shirt. It's like he'd rather be somewhere, anywhere, else than playing in the Premier for City. I suspect he actually wants to do well for the club, and maybe he will settle down but in the meantime I'd rather he came on from the bench as an impact sub than take a starting berth from a committed pro.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
strongbowholic said:

My mistake clearly. And for that reason, I'm out.

I'd actually like to see him dropped just to show him he needs to do ALOT better. Dzeko has looked really sharp the last 2 games and I think he deserves to start a few games ahead of him.

Nelly's Left Foot said:

Dude Mario was part of a team that won 3 trophies including the CL. He has won more titles than everyone at our club save probably Yaya Toure and he is 20 years old. And he played in very important games and scored vital goals. But now he is not good enough for us??. You cannot use Heskys name in the same paragraph thats like me saying ohh that Jordan puts Halle Berry to shame. Different leagues mate, different leagues completely. Ferrari v Lexus both luxury vehicles but one you will only find so many of even if you can afford one you may not find one. The other is a mass made car that anyone with good credit can get.

Nelly's Left Foot said:

Hah. Not on your Nelly.

The goal against Fulham was a more classical, less extravagant demonstration of the art of shooting. Bet you'd forgotten about that one too.

Shot from 35 yards in the semi-final? Anyone could have done that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.