Balotelli: being a " character" is not enough (merged)

Re: All this "OMG, I love Balotelli, wot a legend, OMG" stuff

blue_taff said:
well im 30, i wouldnt really say that was young. i just think he does things that no other player does and it is basically an enigma (on the field) with effortless talent, and i would suggest that his off the field personality is the reason why alot of people dislike him.

i dont know who he is shagging or what car he drives, but am interested if you know.

What are these thing he does that nobody else does? I haven't seen them.

Re: being a " character" is not enough

Paulmcfc2703 said:
mancityscot said:
Balotelli should have buried the shot that was cleared off the line, he just passed it
Whereas Silva who was initially put through bottled it.

Yeah , but you could in no way compare the efforts of Balotelli with David Silva today ....... Silva , once again , gave a very impressive and energetic performance ...... Balotelli , on the whole , hardly broke sweat!

Nelly's Left Foot said:
blue_taff said:
well im 30, i wouldnt really say that was young. i just think he does things that no other player does and it is basically an enigma (on the field) with effortless talent, and i would suggest that his off the field personality is the reason why alot of people dislike him.

i dont know who he is shagging or what car he drives, but am interested if you know.

What are these thing he does that nobody else does? I haven't seen them.

well i think thats what i mean by enegmatic.

strongbowholic said:
RandomJ said:
And thats the myth. He's done fuck all world class since we have signed him. He hasn't produced anything out of nothing. His runs and positioning are ok but just that- ok. He is not a world class player and I don't know where people are getting this from. Messi, Ronaldo, even Robinho they are players that "make something out of nothing" now compare their last 5 games to Balotelli's. Exactly.
To say that side foot finish as the ball dropped over his shoulder, past Friedel into the top corner wasn't world class is laughable. If it had been Messi or Ronaldo who'd have produced a finish of that quality, we'd still be seeing the replays.

The kid needs to sort his head/attitude out and needs to get this season out of the way. If he doesn't deliver next season, then fair do's. Even Mourinho has commented on the lad's potential.

That goal against Villa is the one class thing I can remember him doing.Trouble is I cannot remember anything else that I would consider special in any other game. And from reading a fair bit of this thread neither can anyone else.

It pushing it a bit to count being in the penalty area as one fo the good things he did in the 2nd half which I am sure is what one poster said. Talk about desperate.

black mamba said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Whereas Silva who was initially put through bottled it.

Yeah , but you could in no way comapre the efforts of Balotelli with David Silva today ....... Silva , once again , gave a very impressive and energetic performance ...... Balotelli , on the whole , hardly broke sweat!
I wasn't comparing performances. What I'm saying is you can't say that chance was all Balotellis fault when it should of been Silva taking that shot in the first place. The irony is if the roles of Silva and Balotelli were reversed Balotelli would of been called a liability for not taking it on and passing.

Like I posted earlier our best attacking came through Balotelli

blue_taff said:
as i said splits opinion, and it is true what the op said, it does seem to be a generation divide on this matter. only time wil tell. i do feel if he goes, then alot of people may live to eat some humble pie about this lad.

Nah, I'm 56 and see a very talented lad who's still finding his feet in a different style of play. If the boo-boys don't drive him away we'll see the best of him next season IMO. I can't quite get my head round posters who describe him as a "waste of space", it suggests they either don't actually watch him closely or had made their minds up about him before he even arrived.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
black mamba said:
Yeah , but you could in no way comapre the efforts of Balotelli with David Silva today ....... Silva , once again , gave a very impressive and energetic performance ...... Balotelli , on the whole , hardly broke sweat!
I wasn't comparing performances. What I'm saying is you can't say that chance was all Balotellis fault when it should of been Silva taking that shot in the first place. The irony is if the roles of Silva and Balotelli were reversed Balotelli would of been called a liability for not taking it on and passing.

!00% disagree. It came from either Silva or Yaya ( and a little bit of Zaba)

Nelly's Left Foot said:
strongbowholic said:
To say that side foot finish as the ball dropped over his shoulder, past Friedel into the top corner wasn't world class is laughable. If it had been Messi or Ronaldo who'd have produced a finish of that quality, we'd still be seeing the replays.

The kid needs to sort his head/attitude out and needs to get this season out of the way. If he doesn't deliver next season, then fair do's. Even Mourinho has commented on the lad's potential.

That goal against Villa is the one class thing I can remember him doing.Trouble is I cannot remember anything else that I would consider special in any other game. And from reading a fair bit of this thread neither can anyone else.

It pushing it a bit to count being in the penalty area as one fo the good things he did in the 2nd half which I am sure is what one poster said. Talk about desperate.
But that's the point. He's 20 and has all that naturally in his locker. The key to Balo is sorting his head out. If we can do that, get some consistency out of him we will see a very, very good player, whom Mourinho said has the potential to go on and be one of, if not the best in the world.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:

!00% disagree. It came from either Silva or Yaya ( and a little bit of Zaba)
Watch MOTD2 again and all that I posted a couple of pages ago i.e our best chances came from Balotelli and Silva. The video backs it up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.