Balotelli: being a " character" is not enough (merged)

Re: All this "OMG, I love Balotelli, wot a legend, OMG" stuff

Chick Counterfly said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
over 50 goals and carrying the team for 18 months.

next.

Ahh, you're full of it. You said I couldn't go back so far, but you're going back 18 months.

I feel sorry that you can't bring yourself to recognise a bit of talent when you see it. Even his harshest critics know he has ability, all the pros and pundits too. You are officially the lunatic fringe.

this is the first post of mine you've quoted on this thread.

a bit of talent yes, but that's not what you lot are going round proclaiming.

If Everyone who criticised Robbie, Elano and the rest of the talented lads who didn't run round headless chickens takes it back then I will change my opinion on Balo.

Fair's fair after all, Balo's done less than the pair of them in their first season.

no goals in 2 months, no acceptable for a guy who brings only sporadic good things when he feels like it to the team and quite a lot of aggro on and off it.

Re: being a " character" is not enough

RandomJ said:
I'm sorry but Tevez has done so much for this club. He is entitled to be forgiven for going on a bit of a dry spell. Balotelli has done fuck all but we're supposed to say it's ok because he has "talent".
If by fuck all you mean is our 2nd top goalscorer then we may agree

RandomJ said:
I'm sorry but Tevez has done so much for this club. He is entitled to be forgiven for going on a bit of a dry spell. Balotelli has done fuck all but we're supposed to say it's ok because he has "talent".

Tevez is leaving, deal with that. Balotelli is our main striker now. Deal with that too. Your dislike of him will not change these facts. And he has done a great deal, dont know where you are getting "fuck all" considering today alone he was involved in both goals. But hey selective memory is a great thing when chosing to hate on someone. Facts dont really matter do they?.

Tevez got us to 4th place. If he can play without breaking down he should be on the pitch. He might not have gone to the semi and lots of people want him out but people's short memories astound me.

seems to amaze me after we win
how many so called fans still try find negatives
are you not happy where we are at the moment
what we achieving...get off balotellis back..
thought he done well today..
tracked back and made some good tackles...
but people on here seem to just moan all the f'in time...
it seems like dzeko is god...cos he scored one goal...
people on the match forum were beggin for mancini to sub balo for dzeko at half time..
like wtf...
is anybody on here ever happy...
and why do people compare tevez to balo..
their 2 totally diff players
i dont think rag fans argue saying fuck berbatov,rooneys better...
people on here piss me off...

RandomJ said:
Tevez got us to 4th place. If he can play without breaking down he should be on the pitch. He might not have gone to the semi and lots of people want him out but people's short memories astound me.

I'm equally astounded that so many supposed supporters won't allow a talented young player to develop without writing him off every 5 minutes. I shouldn't be surprised though, having seen it so often in the past at City.

RandomJ said:

Tevez submitted a transfer request when we were fighting for first place and made it clear he wanted to leave. Only when threatened with legal action and a law suit did he withdraw his request. Peoples short memories astound me and he did not get us to 4th alone. You forgetting those Balotelli goals that he contributed. Take them away and the wins/draws from those games and we wouldnt be in the top 8. Again selective memory is a wonderful thing.

RandomJ said:
But he hasn't scored from open play since February. Hell if Balotelli hadn't of won him the penalty against Sunderland he wouldn't of scored at all. Surely based on your comments he is out of form so shouldn't start either

Chick Counterfly said:
RandomJ said:

No, you're supposed to use some common sense. Strikers go through barren spells.

Common sense combined with a little patience and forethought too. No-one else in the league has a striker in their team with as much potential as Balotelli. No-one. I'd argue no-one else has anyone who provides such a constant source of entertainment either, but that's an argument for another thread :p

There was a topic on here not too long ago that summed it up perfectly for me. If you don't like Balotelli, would you be happy to see him sold to one of our immediate rivals? Because I sure as shit wouldn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.