Balotelli & City agree settlement!

pudge said:
moomba said:
pudge said:
Making an accusation with no evidence to support or back it up.

Exactly what you claim those who call him "worthless" do

No I don't. I accuse them of ignoring evidence that doesn't support their point of view.

But seeing as it seems to bother you, heres one. Search function is the button at the top of your page.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=274028&p=6301097&hilit=worthless#p6301097" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=274028&p=6301097&hilit=worthless#p6301097</a>
See, that wasn't so hard

No, it is quite easy to use the search function to disprove the point you were trying to make.

pudge said:
Rolee said:
8 games is 2/3 of it's way to a third of the season.

so again, no exaggeration when saying, "starts to amass a third of the season"

I'm not trying to be funny, Rolee
pudge said:
well you're making me laugh mate.
Avoiding the point made..

Good to know you've run out of excuses

What do I need an excuse for?

moomba said:
jma said:
Yes, excluding the circumstances of the time and the league title, it is hardly a highlight reel moment of skill.

I would suggest that if you think it is then you are being influenced by factors outside of the actual piece of play itself. (although you, no doubt, may think the same of me).

If, say, Nasri has done it in the 65th minute of a routine win against Norwich, no-one would remember it as it isn't special, outside of being the sort of thing that you'd say "well done" for at the time.

I would remember it as an exceptional bit of forward play, and I would certainly be prepared to praise Nasri for his role in the goal if it was him against Norwich.

As I am prepared to praise Balotelli. What I wouldn't be prepared to do is to hold it up as an example why his under par performances should be tolerated, as it is no-one near being an example of something special enough to excuse that (and even if it were, one bit of play should never justify consistent under performance).

"Excpetional" though? Absolutely no way,not in a million years. What do you call some of the things that our other forwards do during games then?

jma said:
It truly is astonishing, the reverence in which some people, almost exclusively those who are vocal 'Balo' fans, hold a relatively simple pass to set up a goal against QPR.

A single, second long incident in the course of a season.

If Sergio Aguero had been rubbish, on the whole, for two seasons, scoring the actual goal that won the title would not, and should not, be held up as some sort of killer reason that excuses his general level of performance.

So for the pass that led to the goal to be referenced so often, along with a couple of performances against United over two years, and with such force and to be given so much prominence, for me just highlights what scarce pickings we are looking at when seeking to praise Balotelli.

You can't praise him for single-handedly winning a variety of games, you can't praise him for a run of performances over a month or two that were of a truly high class level, you can't point to a season long level of performance that acknowledges him as a top player in this league, you can't point to a record of goal scoring that, when penalties are excluded, gets close to the top strikers (the goals per minute ratio of last season is distorted by the conversion of penalties - no-one has a gripe with his penalties, it is his general play that people dislike).

So, in the absence of those things, a single pass, 3 top performances in two years, average performances like Wigan this year and West Ham away. All these things are exagerated beyond belief, when, in fact, they should be barely worth a mention for a so called top player.

We see any performance where he does not cost City hailed as good because he "won some free kicks" or "didn't react". We see basic things (excluding the circumstances) like a pass for the QPR goal, a simple skill that all out players should be expected to execute, hailed as irrefutable proof of his class. We see people constant hark back to the FA Cup finals and semi and the 6-1, when a top player would be embarrassed to think that his quality performances were so long ago and spread over such a long time (think Torres and the, rightful, grief he gets for effecting so few games for Chelsea).

Whilst I accept that some of his critics, most certainly the media, balance this out by being over critical of some of his actions and performances, the emphasis placed on the above really puts into perspective what he, a man we are told is worth the fee paid for him and is potential one of the best around, has done, or not done, since he has been here.
What a stupid comment to make about Balotelli's assist for Aguero.

moomba said:
pudge said:
moomba said:
No I don't. I accuse them of ignoring evidence that doesn't support their point of view.

But seeing as it seems to bother you, heres one. Search function is the button at the top of your page.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=274028&p=6301097&hilit=worthless#p6301097" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=274028&p=6301097&hilit=worthless#p6301097</a>
See, that wasn't so hard

No, it is quite easy to use the search function to disprove the point you were trying to make.
Didn't disprove anything, you yourself said you didn't want to back it up.<br /><br />-- Dec 19th, '12, 17:32 --<br /><br />
Rolee said:
pudge said:
Rolee said:
8 games is 2/3 of it's way to a third of the season.

so again, no exaggeration when saying, "starts to amass a third of the season"

I'm not trying to be funny, Rolee
Avoiding the point made..

Good to know you've run out of excuses

What do I need an excuse for?
To argue

Marvin said:
jma said:
It truly is astonishing, the reverence in which some people, almost exclusively those who are vocal 'Balo' fans, hold a relatively simple pass to set up a goal against QPR.

If Sergio Aguero had been rubbish, on the whole, for two seasons, scoring the actual goal that won the title would not, and should not, be held up as some sort of killer reason that excuses his general level of performance.

So for the pass that led to the goal to be referenced so often, along with a couple of performances against United over two years, and with such force and to be given so much prominence, for me just highlights what scarce pickings we are looking at when seeking to praise Balotelli.

You can't praise him for single-handedly winning a variety of games, you can't praise him for a run of performances over a month or two that were of a truly high class level, you can't point to a season long level of performance that acknowledges him as a top player in this league, you can't point to a record of goal scoring that, when penalties are excluded, gets close to the top strikers (the goals per minute ratio of last season is distorted by the conversion of penalties - no-one has a gripe with his penalties, it is his general play that people dislike).

So, in the absence of those things, a single pass, 3 top performances in two years, average performances like Wigan this year and West Ham away. All these things are exagerated beyond belief, when, in fact, they should be barely worth a mention for a so called top player.

We see any performance where he does not cost City hailed as good because he "won some free kicks" or "didn't react". We see basic things (excluding the circumstances) like a pass for the QPR goal, a simple skill that all out players should be expected to execute, hailed as irrefutable proof of his class. We see people constant hark back to the FA Cup finals and semi and the 6-1, when a top player would be embarrassed to think that his quality performances were so long ago and spread over such a long time (think Torres and the, rightful, grief he gets for effecting so few games for Chelsea).

Whilst I accept that some of his critics, most certainly the media, balance this out by being over critical of some of his actions and performances, the emphasis placed on the above really puts into perspective what he, a man we are told is worth the fee paid for him and is potential one of the best around, has done, or not done, since he has been here.

Thanks for the critique. Very informative.

jma said:
Marvin said:
jma said:

Thanks for the critique. Very informative.
When it comes to little moments like that there really isn't much to say

So much said about Balotelli, but if you can't appreciate exquisite pieces of skill like that then there's not much point discussing anything with you

BoyBlue_1985 said:
pudge said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Because it would allow them to say well you miss 1 game through suspension so we are fining you a weeks wages so they could save money. The player would be powerless even though it part and parcel of the game. The balo one i agree is different but you cant make up a rule with an exact number on it
Except I'm talking about a longer period, not one game.

Almost a third of the season is unacceptable. As Shady has said, players will get fined appropriately for any red card/suspension but when they start to amass a third of the season, it takes the piss slightly
Im going to go talk to a brick wall now as I feel you are just being stupid on purpose

hahahaha

pudge said:
Didn't disprove anything, you yourself said you didn't want to back it up.

I said that it would be easy to find if I wanted evidence to back up my claim. And it was.<br /><br />-- Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:41 pm --<br /><br />
jma said:
"Excpetional" though? Absolutely no way,not in a million years. What do you call some of the things that our other forwards do during games then?

All four of our forwards have done exceptional things for us.

moomba said:
pudge said:
Didn't disprove anything, you yourself said you didn't want to back it up.

I said that it would be easy to find if I wanted evidence to back up my claim. And it was.

-- Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:41 pm --

jma said:

All four of our forwards have done exceptional things for us.
And I didn't dispute that, so again, didn't disprove anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.