Balotelli (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mancini-Balo soap opera, think we will see these things many more times this season.

He will have some great matches and he will surely will get a red card in a match when there is no way we can let ourselves going down 10men.

This season he did not get a red card yet but scored nowhere near as much like last season. More goals=more risk of reds? It's probably like this with him.
Will he become a reliable striker for us? Hard to imagine even Balotelli fans are not that optimistic maybe.

He seems delighted with himself playing only the 4th striker role. and he always says Mancini is a father figure for him, he wouldnt be at City without Mancini but the way he repays that faith is like he doesnt take it as seriously.

But surely he will be fun in City online christmas videos and he will entertain us with good stories like blowing up a candy shop or driving his car onto the pitches at Carrington...

Also Mancini's love you/hate you tactics are a joke. I mean if Lescott would be subbed and he talks back something to Mancini and goes down the tunnel well not sure Lescott would be making a play under Mancini again.

Surely other players see what Balo can get away with it and arent happy.

Thought Mario did well in first half - was one of our best players in fact. He seemed up for it. 2nd half, different story. Back to same old Mario, and its this side of him that is sooo frustrating as it seems the easiest part of his game to rectify - i want to see him battle with defenders for the right to keep hold of the ball. So often he goes down at the slightest breath of a defender behind him, as if they have no right to be even near him, arms waving in protest at the ref who has had the nerve to not award a free kick. Hes a big, strong lad and could/should sort this part of his game out easily.
Secondly is his decisions to try the fancy flick/backheel pass when it clearly isnt on, theres a time and a place for doing this and yesterdays attempt in the 2nd half was never it - way too many bodies around for it to have come off - and there didnt even seem any reason/value in doing it if it had come off.
And thirdly, although he didnt do this yesterday, is the amount of times he loses possession when the ball is passed to him and he nonchalantly assumes he has the ball already and is thinking what he is gonna do next when ooops the ball has just rolled under his foot and out of play. Focus Mario at ALL times.
I like Mario and think he could be whatever he wants to be on a football pitch but unfortunately I just dont see it happening. Time and patience for him has run down and its time for him to be someone elses problem as sad it is to say

benno74 said:
Thought Mario did well in first half - was one of our best players in fact. He seemed up for it. 2nd half, different story. Back to same old Mario, and its this side of him that is sooo frustrating as it seems the easiest part of his game to rectify - i want to see him battle with defenders for the right to keep hold of the ball. So often he goes down at the slightest breath of a defender behind him, as if they have no right to be even near him, arms waving in protest at the ref who has had the nerve to not award a free kick. Hes a big, strong lad and could/should sort this part of his game out easily.
Secondly is his decisions to try the fancy flick/backheel pass when it clearly isnt on, theres a time and a place for doing this and yesterdays attempt in the 2nd half was never it - way too many bodies around for it to have come off - and there didnt even seem any reason/value in doing it if it had come off.
And thirdly, although he didnt do this yesterday, is the amount of times he loses possession when the ball is passed to him and he nonchalantly assumes he has the ball already and is thinking what he is gonna do next when ooops the ball has just rolled under his foot and out of play. Focus Mario at ALL times.
I like Mario and think he could be whatever he wants to be on a football pitch but unfortunately I just dont see it happening. Time and patience for him has run down and its time for him to be someone elses problem as sad it is to say

Good post that mate. I agree with every word of it.

I have been a fan of, and stuck up for Mario throughout his time here. Even after his petulance leading to ridiculous sending offs in crucial games.

But after yesterday, I have had enough. Time to offload him somewhere else I think.

benno74 said:
agree with most of that, but i didnt really see anything in the first half, he had a chance that he should of controlled and hit, instead he tried a first time effort that i think is still going !!

i really cant understand the love in for Mario, people saying hes a flair player. No Ronaldo is a flair player with an amazing end product. i do not see any magic from Mario that justifies all this love. he is a total waste of a squad place. oh no i forgot he is great at penalties!!!!!

Balotelli did well yesterday but it wasn't good enough. I am now on the edge with him, part of me still believes he can show us WOW with the ability he has but he refuses to show it or cannot show it game after game.

He does have to get a run in the side though, i'd play him in the next 3-4 games, give him his last chance, give him 4 starts and show us what he can do, if he can't then it's bye bye.

WNRH said:
Balotelli did well yesterday but it wasn't good enough. I am now on the edge with him, part of me still believes he can show us WOW with the ability he has but he refuses to show it or cannot show it game after game.

He does have to get a run in the side though, i'd play him in the next 3-4 games, give him his last chance, give him 4 starts and show us what he can do, if he can't then it's bye bye.

what part of you believes he will show us WOW if he refuses to show it ? how do you know he even has it in his locker ? he has never shown any WOW for us !!!

like i said Ronaldo shows WOW week in week out, RVP shows WOW. Mario shows fuck all

mekonmcfc said:
WNRH said:

what part of you believes he will show us WOW if he refuses to show it ? how do you know he even has it in his locker ? he has never shown any WOW for us !!!

like i said Ronaldo shows WOW week in week out, RVP shows WOW. Mario shows fuck all

I've seen him since he was 17, i've seen some of the stuff he has done since then, he has it in his locker but he doesn't show it consistently enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.