Balotelli (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WNRH said:
Balotelli did well yesterday but it wasn't good enough. I am now on the edge with him, part of me still believes he can show us WOW with the ability he has but he refuses to show it or cannot show it game after game.

He does have to get a run in the side though, i'd play him in the next 3-4 games, give him his last chance, give him 4 starts and show us what he can do, if he can't then it's bye bye.

I think the highlighted part sums up the most we can expect, I thought he did well but then the second he came off we became a much better team. For me that was the straw that broke the camels back, even if he plays well it doesn't mean the team is playing well as a result. He's in his own little world and having him on the pitch is a drain, even if he plays well he doesn't connect well enough with the other 10 on the pitch. I'm resigned to the fact we are stuck with him unless their is higher up intervention.

WNRH said:
mekonmcfc said:
WNRH said:
Balotelli did well yesterday but it wasn't good enough. I am now on the edge with him, part of me still believes he can show us WOW with the ability he has but he refuses to show it or cannot show it game after game.

He does have to get a run in the side though, i'd play him in the next 3-4 games, give him his last chance, give him 4 starts and show us what he can do, if he can't then it's bye bye.

what part of you believes he will show us WOW if he refuses to show it ? how do you know he even has it in his locker ? he has never shown any WOW for us !!!

like i said Ronaldo shows WOW week in week out, RVP shows WOW. Mario shows fuck all

I've seen him since he was 17, i've seen some of the stuff he has done since then, he has it in his locker but he doesn't show it consistently enough.

well in his time at City where he is supposed to be more mature, and a better player. He has shown absolutely nothing. He is a liabilty, Tevez did more in his first 30 seconds than he did all match. Mario does not have any natural flair from what i have seen, he gets knocked off the ball far too easy, he petulant i could go on and on. Last season proved after the Arsenal game he has no place

mekonmcfc said:
WNRH said:
mekonmcfc said:
what part of you believes he will show us WOW if he refuses to show it ? how do you know he even has it in his locker ? he has never shown any WOW for us !!!

like i said Ronaldo shows WOW week in week out, RVP shows WOW. Mario shows fuck all

I've seen him since he was 17, i've seen some of the stuff he has done since then, he has it in his locker but he doesn't show it consistently enough.

well in his time at City where he is supposed to be more mature, and a better player. He has shown absolutely nothing. He is a liabilty, Tevez did more in his first 30 seconds than he did all match. Mario does not have any natural flair from what i have seen, he gets knocked off the ball far too easy, he petulant i could go on and on. Last season proved after the Arsenal game he has no place

By all means i respect your view on him as a player but to say he has shown nothing is a load of bollocks. I can accept any fan not liking him because i can understand it but i cannot accept saying things that aren't true.

WNRH said:
mekonmcfc said:
WNRH said:

By all means i respect your view on him as a player but to say he has shown nothing is a load of bollocks. I can accept any fan not liking him because i can understand it but i cannot accept saying things that aren't true.

explain to me what he has shown as a city player that convinces you of his greatness ?

he scored a goal from 6 inches out with his shoulder !!!!

WNRH said:
mekonmcfc said:
WNRH said:

But he does haven nothing. No commitment, no desire, no passion, no teamwork...and without those things skill and potential mean fk all.

He thinks he's way better than he actually is, shown by the fact that he has to try back heel passes, flicks, etc, rather than just simple passes to feet. And he spends more time on the floor than any other player in the team.

mekonmcfc said:
WNRH said:
mekonmcfc said:

explain to me what he has shown as a city player that convinces you of his greatness ?

he scored a goal from 6 inches out with his shoulder !!!!
He had a good derby last year the fa cup match and then i'm scratching my head.

Balotelli played decent at Blackburn away last season when Tevez had just stropped, Dzeko was left on the bench for a similar reason and Aguero went off injured ...... he led the line brilliantly that day, scored and was quality.

Since then, nothing.

I think we have all been patient enough but yesterday (on top of other, similar poor performances) was the final straw and I think the penny might have dropped with Mancini. For me, if we don't go into the transfer market, then we should let Balotelli leave and bring through Guidetti - he has shown he can score goals and deserves a run in the side.

He's just a bang average (at best) Premier League centre forward.

He is just not good enough, end of story!!

I thought he was doing ok until we went 2-0 down. But then he immediately resorted to playing panic football, pointless tricks near the centre circle when we really needed him to keep a cool head and help build some pressure.

That seems to be his standard response when we go behind. Very occassionally the tricks might come off, and if we're in the last few minutes of the game then we might not have anything to lose. But it wasnt what we needed yesterday.

So okay, Balo Bashers, he's been extremely poor, so far, and if the truth be told, he has BAGS of potential (we saw it in the Euros, good and bad, let's not kid ourselves).

As much as I believe that when things click (IF they click) for him, he will be like a Catherine Wheel, soaring and exploding when all the majesty you would expect from him...

However...

I don't believe he wants to be here. It's quite possible/ probable that his child is on his mind and he wants to be near her, not his ex. Being near her means being back in a country that continually abuses him, racially and his ex won't come to Costa del Manc.

I truly think he's in a conundrum and it's affecting his form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.