Balotelli (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balotelli doesn't bring anything positive to the squad. Yeh it was a laugh at first when he was reported to have done ridiculous things off the pitch.

Yesterday was one of the biggest games of the season and how he got picked over arguably are best player of the season so far I will never know.

Balotelli reckons he's up there with the best. He wouldn't get in any of the other top 4's squad.

This "Father / son" relationship that Mancini and Balotelli have could be good (son feels nurtured and wanted) or could be bad (Father is too indulgent / son always feels he will be forgiven and get a 2nd chance).

At the moment, the bad side is easily winning.

Also, people keep saying that it may be worth putting-up with his laziness and lack of effort and poor discipline, in return for the "flashes of genius" he can provide.

But be honest; how many "flashes of genius" did he produce last game ? Or the one before that ? Or this season ? Or even last season ?

Say what you like about Tevez but he gives 100% every game; Balotelli gives 50%. It's just perverse to respond to this by dropping Tevez and rewarding Balotelli. Sorry, Mancini - I know you feel close to Balotelli and really want him to reach his potential, but this isn't working and hasn't for a long time now.
Time to drop Balotelli, use him only as a sub when desperate, and if we get a half-decent offer from any other club, sell him.

MCFC BOB said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Balotelli reckons he's up there with the best. He wouldn't get in any of the other top 4's squad.
Sentence one: I agree.

Sentence two: I disgaree.

I know the quote says squad but who's team do think he'd get in? Because I can't think if many?

Not many are gonna buy and pay for a striker that doesn't score

I agree it is probably time to offload him.

But I do have an alternative. Does anyone think he could be converted into an attacking midfielder?

He's not a natural goalscorer in my book. He won't score 25 a season. But he can pass, has power and skill and it would get him more involved.

Only an idea as it seems unlikely we can sell him in January.

BillyShears said:
Shaelumstash said:
BillyShears said:
You including the manager in that final paragraph because he was the most vocal of Balo's critics yesterday, and in many respects he opened the floodgates by hanging him out to dry in the manner in which he did.

Doesn't really answer my question does it? What did he actually do yesterday that was so horrendous?

Your question is moot when it's our own manager who's leading the criticism, and it's our manager who subbed him some five minutes into the second half.

I was at the game but have watched it back and Redknapp and Souness absolutely slaughter him. Nothing to do with Mancini bringing him off, so my point is far from moot. Unfortunately people, seemingly including yourself, have bought in to Balotelli the myth and don't judge him on his actions on the pitch anymore. Shame really.

If you got an independent person who knew nothing about Balotelli's personality to watch the game yesterday they would say he played well. Unfortunately, because he's got a camoflage Bentley people don't bother to look at how he actually plays.

I don't read too much in what Manicini says to the press. If Balotelli scored 6 Mancini would come out and say "He must improve, he can do better." It's just the way he motivates players in the press. Tevez came on and changed the game, he was brilliant, so it's fair to say Mancini was justified in making the change. But people crucifying Balotelli for his performance is just ridiculous tabloid culture going too far. Watch the game.

I have only a problem with his work ethic,not sure if it is because he is smoking 20 fags or not.But he appears to be strolling around contributing very little,unforgivable to us older City supporters.We were brought up mostly on a diet of average to poor players who made up for their lack of natural ability by sweating blood for the cause,it is in our DNA.It doesn't matter how talented he is if he appears not give a shit about the shirt he wears.Deserves all the criticism he is getting at the moment.

Shaelumstash said:
BillyShears said:
Shaelumstash said:
Doesn't really answer my question does it? What did he actually do yesterday that was so horrendous?

Your question is moot when it's our own manager who's leading the criticism, and it's our manager who subbed him some five minutes into the second half.

I was at the game but have watched it back and Redknapp and Souness absolutely slaughter him. Nothing to do with Mancini bringing him off, so my point is far from moot. Unfortunately people, seemingly including yourself, have bought in to Balotelli the myth and don't judge him on his actions on the pitch anymore. Shame really.

If you got an independent person who knew nothing about Balotelli's personality to watch the game yesterday they would say he played well. Unfortunately, because he's got a camoflage Bentley people don't bother to look at how he actually plays.

I don't read too much in what Manicini says to the press. If Balotelli scored 6 Mancini would come out and say "He must improve, he can do better." It's just the way he motivates players in the press. Tevez came on and changed the game, he was brilliant, so it's fair to say Mancini was justified in making the change. But people crucifying Balotelli for his performance is just ridiculous tabloid culture going too far. Watch the game.

Good to see there are at least some on here that talk sense. Sick of all the shit being directed at Balotelli by our 'fans'. Yet again you've got another boo boy to pick on. Pathetic.

robbieh said:
I agree it is probably time to offload him.

But I do have an alternative. Does anyone think he could be converted into an attacking midfielder?

He's not a natural goalscorer in my book. He won't score 25 a season. But he can pass, has power and skill and it would get him more involved.

Only an idea as it seems unlikely we can sell him in January.

Not for me...the lad is now too much of a liability. We need to sell him. Guidetti has been knocking them in. He is only 2 years younger than Balo, but lets give the lad a chance now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.