Balotelli (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mancio said:
blueinsa said:
No winners at the end of this. Club has wasted a huge investment, we as fans have missed out on an undoubted but flawed talent and Bob has been given a very public slap in the face by a boy he has put a lot in to.

As per, player and agent have lined their pockets, that's all.

city has wasted nothing , balo is not santa cruz or bridge or adebajour. city signed him for £ 18M , he is at half of his contract so his value on city's book is £ 9M. now if anyone believe he'll be sold for a lesser figure he's plain stupid. city will gain on mario , not as much as may have been but anyway they'll gain.

If you think that City, or any club, is quite happy to, outside of accounting practices, quite happy to determine sale prices of every single one of their players according to their contract situation, in effect meaning that the club is happy to give every player away on a free at the end of their contract, then it is you that is stupid.

If you genuinely believe that the club signed this clown for an inflated fee with the attitude 'well, we'll sell him at some point during his contract but obviously we only expect to get 50%, 25% or 0% of what we paid as his contract will be running down' then I don't know what to say.

You could not name a single club who would buy a player of his age for a high fee and, at the point of purchase, be thinking of anything other than, should they choose to sell him in the future, aiming for recouping what they paid or, more likely, making a profit after he develops.

With your ridiculous comment you are suggesting that clubs sign expensive young players in the knowledge that they are likely to make a massive percentage loss, given that value depreciates over the length of their contract.

Mental. But when you have a schoolboy, celebrity crush on someone, the mind works in mysterious ways.

He was signed for 22m pounds. His current book value after this season will be (2/5)*22m = 8.8m.

We will probably book a gain, but that's misleading. We took losses on his contract amortising it in previous periods. Meaning over all periods he was here, we will have a net asset loss if we sell for anything less than 22m pounds.

Assuming his salary is 100k/week, we will have paid him (52 weeks/year * 3 years * 100k/week =) 15.6m pounds.

So the Balotelli experiment will cost around 15.6m all the way up to 48m if he sees out his contract and leaves on a free.

Mancio said:
blueinsa said:
No winners at the end of this. Club has wasted a huge investment, we as fans have missed out on an undoubted but flawed talent and Bob has been given a very public slap in the face by a boy he has put a lot in to.

city has wasted nothing , balo is not santa cruz or bridge or adebajour. city signed him for £ 18M , he is at half of his contract so his value on city's book is £ 9M. now if anyone believe he'll be sold for a lesser figure he's plain stupid. city will gain on mario , not as much as could have been but anyway they'll gain.

I know it's unfashionable but I agree with Mancio. Mario, like Robinho before him, has given us plenty of publicity, profile etc. He contributed to us winning the FA Cup and to a lesser extent the league.

And I am sure we will get more than 9 million for him. If the lad is unhappy find a good home for him and replace him with someone less fragile.

Question for Mancio. Would Inter have him back? And if not would there be other Italian clubs interested in him?

Mancio said:
blueinsa said:

city has wasted nothing , balo is not santa cruz or bridge or adebajour. city signed him for £ 18M , he is at half of his contract so his value on city's book is £ 9M. now if anyone believe he'll be sold for a lesser figure he's plain stupid. city will gain on mario , not as much as could have been but anyway they'll gain.

£18M?...........and the rest?

Liverpool signed Suarez for 22m, how much is he worth now ?

United signed Hernandez for 7m, how much is he worth now ?

City signed Super Mario for 22m, how much is he worth now ?

robbieh said:
Mancio said:
blueinsa said:

I know it's unfashionable but I agree with Mancio. Mario, like Robinho before him, has given us plenty of publicity, profile etc. He contributed to us winning the FA Cup and to a lesser extent the league.

And I am sure we will get more than 9 million for him. If the lad is unhappy find a good home for him and replace him with someone less fragile.

Question for Mancio. Would Inter have him back? And if not would there be other Italian clubs interested in him?

inter cant get mario back becouse they now has a policy of not paying more than 2.5M euros a year wages (after tax) . so i sadly think i'll have to see mario in a juve or an ac milan shirt , and i really hate this idea.

my hope is he could go at napoli as part of a cavani deal , or at fiorentina for jovetic , but its just my hope without any bases or rumor

-- Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:39 pm --

Danamy said:
Mancio said:
blueinsa said:

the rest ? on inter books there are 21.6M euros , i know nothing about "the rest"

-- Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:40 pm --

Tevez City said:

city signed tevez for £ 47M , he is worth as much as my tired cock now.

Mancio said:
robbieh said:
Mancio said:

inter cant get mario back becouse they now has a policy of not paying more than 2.5M euros a year wages (after tax) . so i sadly think i'll have to see mario in a juve or an ac milan shirt , and i really hate this idea.

my hope is he could go at napoli as part of a cavani deal , or at fiorentina for jovetic , but its just my hope without any bases or rumor

-- Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:39 pm --

Danamy said:
Mancio said:

the rest ? on inter books there are 21.6M euros , i know nothing about "the rest"

-- Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:40 pm --

Tevez City said:

city signed tevez for £ 47M , he is worth as much as my tired cock now.

City signed him for 25M and not 47m.

And comparing Tevez to Mario is like comparing a Lion to a peacock. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.