Balotelli - could be a Liverpool player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Appointment said:
forevermancity said:
Shame he was never managed by pellegrini. Mancini completely mismanaged him, pelle would have worked wonders for him

Fully agree mate. When you see how the rest of the squad has thrived under Pelle's man management, you can only wonder how he would've handled Mario. Certainly a lot better than Benito Mancini!

Doesn't matter who manages Ballotelli the man is a nightmare to much hassle for any manager and we don't need to revisit those times when the press were on our doorstep looking for his next escapade to write about

graham baker said:
How much of the Balotelli fee are City receiving?
10% or 20%?

10% of any profit. Milan paid £18m and are selling for £16m so we get nothing.

The only thing that will piss me off is that press suddenly won't be negative about him.

Otherwise, couldn't give a flying one, he couldn't settle in his boyhood club and was average in blood Serie A so nothing to be afraid from. He's idiot, always was and will always be. Good striker with some odd spectacular moment at best, the rest of the time player less on the pitch. Selling him was one of best things City did recently.

MSP said:
The only thing that will piss me off is that press suddenly won't be negative about him.

Otherwise, couldn't give a flying one, he couldn't settle in his boyhood club and was average in blood Serie A so nothing to be afraid from. He's idiot, always was and will always be. Good striker with some odd spectacular moment at best, the rest of the time player less on the pitch. Selling him was one of best things City did recently.

The English press love Balotelli, and by that I don't mean they like him. They love him because he's great at making headlines, and usually it isn't for his football.
They'll make excuses for him on the pitch. The plethora of scouse pundits and journos that will see to that. But they won't stop reporting on all the crazy shit he gets up to off the pitch. The big question is what sort of angle they use when they report it.
If Mario starts banging them in and scoring loads, then it wouldn't matter if he got stoned and went cow pushing at three in the morning.
If he starts being a lazy **** and not contributing on the pitch, they will turn on him like a pack of hounds.
Whatever happens, you can be sure of one thing. If it goes well Rodgers will be lauded to the hills. If it doesn't, then the headlines will be "Not even Brendan could tame him" Either way, Rodgers will still look like a shiny toothed, tranny shagging saint.

karen7 said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
karen7 said:
The hurt runs deep in that one, Kaz.

I had noticed :)
Mario has been a dick evey where he has been,it's not one managers fault,they all have said the same things about him

so you both disagree with the following 2 points?
a) Mancini managed Mario badly
b)Given our current managers success with man management, you wouldn't think that pelle would have got something more out of Mario?

Good luck to him, he'll need it!

He's just not that good. He's not worh the hassle because he's a decent player but that's about it.

I would no swap him for any of our strikers

AC want to sell him for only 16mil, Arsenal are desperate for a striker and don't want to know and there is hardly a stampead fo his signature from around Europe is there.

Pelligrini may have gotten more out of him but I doubt it, I don't think there is much more in there. I think the more likely scenario would have been that he took one look at him and asked the club to flog him and buy Negredo

forevermancity said:
karen7 said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
The hurt runs deep in that one, Kaz.

I had noticed :)
Mario has been a dick evey where he has been,it's not one managers fault,they all have said the same things about him

so you both disagree with the following 2 points?
a) Mancini managed Mario badly
b)Given our current managers success with man management, you wouldn't think that pelle would have got something more out of Mario?
As pointed out to you already, Mario has been a problem to EVERY manager who has had the dubious pleasure of trying to manage him.

How do you think any manager let alone Pellegrini would cope with Tevez, Bellamy, Robinho, Adebayor and Balotelli in an environment whereby there was no natural alpha male pecking order but one which was imposed in a very short space of time?

Things are different now. We have Mansour, Khaldoon, Soriano, Begiristian, Pellegrini, Kompany, Yaya and Zabaleta. This structure has been organically built over the last 6 years and right now everyone knows their place in our hierarchical structure. Gone are the days when our star player would refuse to speak to anyone else apart from Sheikh Mansour and the club didn't feel in a strong enough position to tell them to fuck off and speak to the manager.

Its a different, more settled professional City these days and the likes of Balotelli was just one one of the rungs on that early ladder that we had to climb to get to where we are today. Like a first love, loads of great memories but would you go there again? Fuck no.......

Think like most other blues I didn't want him anywhere near the club, but don't want him playing for another English club. I will remember him fondly but for very little on the pitch. He isn't a team player and if AC who are looking for a striker are willing to sell him for as little as 16mil despite a great goal scoring record it really should tell you all you need to know, Rogers is in way over his head. What happens if Liverpool get a pen?!?lol Think he will stay a season and be moved to Russia for half the price!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.