Balotelli (Merged)

Re: Is Balotelli being targeted because of racism?

What a load of tosh !!

He gets targeted because he's easier to wind up in the eyes of most players. He shouldn't have been sent off tonight but he's not helped himself in the past.

There might be elements of the ref's judgement being influenced by the player and his reputation, but racism? I think not.

I also ask myself that question sometimes but there is no definite answer.

mammutly said:
There might be elements of the ref's judgement being influenced by the player and his reputation, but racism? I think not.

Probably this, but I guess it's something we''ll never really know, but Balo definitely needs to realise he makes things easy for refs in general.

I absolutely subscribe to this. Other things factor in too, (his reputation, his clumsiness) but I am 100% sure that the way he looks influences referees and pundits alike. ANY show of dissent by him seems to warrant a booking - I think referees are intimidated by him.

There is just no way that he would get the bookings he does if he was a small white guy with a friendly face. Other players in the league (ESPECIALLY Man Utd players) consistently show more dissent than him, but when it comes to Balotelli, he gets no wiggle room WHATSOEVER.

It's appalling, it really is. Again, I am not saying it is the only factor involved, but I'm sure it plays a role.

Don't be silly.

It's because he has established a reputation, mainly for being daft.

Doesn't excuse today's decison though.

Absolutely NOT!

he got sent off today cause he's balotelli, if James Milner had gone up for that header, nothing would have been said.

Freestyler said:
Absolutely NOT!

he got sent off today cause he's balotelli, if James Milner had gone up for that header, nothing would have been said.

Mario is targeted by opposition players because he is always likely to lose control.
Any City player who attacked that ball ( or more realistically that player) would have been booked Mario or Milner .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.