Balotelli (Merged)

Re: Is Balotelli being targeted because of racism?

gregblag said:
There's more to racism than crowd chants or verbal abuse. Mario acts the tough black guy (some of it tongue in cheek I am sure) and there are guys in the media and refs that can't seem to cope with it.

Mario has had bookings and sending offs which have been ridiculous compared with the treatment the Salford players get. Not just Rooney. Ever seen Vidic on a rant at the ref and get nothing for it?

And the MOTD pundits should be seriously ashamed of themselves. They couldn't wait to label him a trouble maker despite it being the refs being incredibly inconsistent and harsh.

Atkinson, to his credit, was determined not to book Kompany a second time and send him off for fuck all despite the crowd at Anfield today. That was using his reffing common sense. But with Mario WTF. He got booked for his 1st foul today. It was stupid by Mario for sure but Atkinson could have had a word. It wasn't a crucial foul, just stupid. The second was just an accidental collision. Skirtel didn't help with his play acting but because it was Mario it made it an easy decision for the ref. No thought of common sense from the ref, just it looks like a yellow, it's Balotelli I'm going to give it.

I think it needs to be said. If Mario was a Lenny Henry type character all sweet and non dangerous would he be getting the same treatment? Would he fuck. It's because he comes across as a tough no compromise black guy he is getting shit.

Your right , here's a picture of the Ref off duty.

[bigimg]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGKRD5o79IQ1hLAMvdaoE4T1hzD-4O_FDuM9EVwWqAc_wOd_CV[/bigimg]

mammutly said:
TTS said:
I absolutely subscribe to this. Other things factor in too, (his reputation, his clumsiness) but I am 100% sure that the way he looks influences referees and pundits alike. ANY show of dissent by him seems to warrant a booking - I think referees are intimidated by him.

There is just no way that he would get the bookings he does if he was a small white guy with a friendly face. Other players in the league (ESPECIALLY Man Utd players) consistently show more dissent than him, but when it comes to Balotelli, he gets no wiggle room WHATSOEVER.

It's appalling, it really is. Again, I am not saying it is the only factor involved, but I'm sure it plays a role.

But you are talking about the individual player, NOT his race. As I said before, Mario's reputation might influence some refs, but that's no reason to call it a racial issue.

You know the term, an uncle Tom? That's a black guy who knows his place. That's an American term admitted but the point is if there is latent racism you are not going to see it against "nice" black people.

You take a guy like Roy Keane, a tough white guy. Did he get the same kind of stick in the press with some of the antics he got up to? I don't know, I am asking the question.

What I would like to know is why has it been so easy for the media and the refs get on Mario's case so easily and so broadly. It might need black people to answer this as they are the ones with the experience.

Re: Marmite

Decc66 said:
nashark said:
Probably a harsh sending off, but a moronic thing to do without doubt.

If I was his team mate, I'd have it out with him. He cannot keep letting them and this club down.

Are you for real ??

Will every fucker who is having a pop at him please watch the replay again and then come back and tell me he had any intention other than getting the ball.

Moronic thing to do, Jesus wise up man !!!

He unnecessarily put his forearm at head height in the space the opposition player was occupying. On a yellow, I might add. If you can't infer from that the wisdom of that choice then God help you.

gregblag said:
mammutly said:
TTS said:
I absolutely subscribe to this. Other things factor in too, (his reputation, his clumsiness) but I am 100% sure that the way he looks influences referees and pundits alike. ANY show of dissent by him seems to warrant a booking - I think referees are intimidated by him.

There is just no way that he would get the bookings he does if he was a small white guy with a friendly face. Other players in the league (ESPECIALLY Man Utd players) consistently show more dissent than him, but when it comes to Balotelli, he gets no wiggle room WHATSOEVER.

It's appalling, it really is. Again, I am not saying it is the only factor involved, but I'm sure it plays a role.

But you are talking about the individual player, NOT his race. As I said before, Mario's reputation might influence some refs, but that's no reason to call it a racial issue.

You know the term, an uncle Tom? That's a black guy who knows his place. That's an American term admitted but the point is if there is latent racism you are not going to see it against "nice" black people.

You take a guy like Roy Keane, a tough white guy. Did he get the same kind of stick in the press with some of the antics he got up to? I don't know, I am asking the question.

What I would like to know is why has it been so easy for the media and the refs get on Mario's case so easily and so broadly. It might need black people to answer this as they are the ones with the experience.
because mario is unlikeable...thats the truth. he's moody as hell and rubs people the wrong way.

roy keane was dirty, but his commitment for his team was never in question. Mario is the opposite in that people question his commitment for his team

didactic said:
In ways yes because even if you listen to the Sky commentary after the game they spent the entire time discussing Mario and had the nerve to say "he is useless to any team he plays for." The hatred for him is based on the fear of "the big black guy". He does what he wants he is supremely talented and does not apologise for it.

For the first time in my life I heard a paid pundit say he hates a player. Jamie Redknapp said "I hate Mario Balotelli ." Have you ever heard that before?. I mean why hate a 20 year old who you have never met?. What is it about him that winds people up the wrong way so much. Its not like anything he has done is so bad he actually does not deserve half the flack but yes he is black and it is how it is. As a fellow big, tall black guy who is told every day that I am intimidating just because I am speaking I understand.

If Mario was Henry Crompton from Derby he would be hailed as one of the best footballers to ever be born in this country.
Can you post the link where he has said I HATE BALOTELLI please?

And please dont say the clip with james corden.

Re: Marmite

alibee73 said:
the second was a defo yellow but the ref didnt have to give it him, you see it all the time, they realise that they are gonna have to send em off but let em off and give em a last chance bollockin. think wio and loony

but it was mario, so atkinson was creaming his kecks
This is 100% correct.

I think our whole club is.

Im pretty sure it was Lucas in the first half that elbowed Aguero in the face, exactly the same as Balo, but he wasn't booked and we didn't even recieve a free kick.

Not sure what it is, but i have commented on racism before against Balotelli

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.