Balotelli (Merged)

Re: Is Balotelli being targeted because of racism?

Calcio said:
Yes I have heard that. Redknapp is allowed to dislike someone, even if they are black for heaven sake.

Also to slag Souness off is nonsense. he was praised here for his honest views on Tevez. he's just a straight forward guy who tells you how HE sees it.

Balotelli doesnt help himself at all, has nothing to do with race for god sake. If you think his team mates love him and laughs it off when he gets a red card like today, then you are deluded.

I am not talking "I want him dead because he is black" racism, more the fact that it is a factor in why he is so harshly treated.

What has he actually done?. He is the most attacked player in the league yet we have ex convicts, guys who were seen on CCTV attacking people with bottles. Guys who sleep with friends wives, brothers wives. Guys who cheat on pregnant spouses and ex players who break players legs on purpose. Yet Mario is "useless to any team he plays for?."

Lets be very honest about things the world is far from perfect and though we all get along there is still that subconcious that most cannot hide. What has Mario done for Jamie to hate him?. For him to get away with saying that on a show where he is paid to be objective?. If he said he hated Wayne Rooney he would be sacked.

Like I said its hard to explain unless you live it most people in this country have no interaction with black people and just go with stereotypes. He is big, black and doesnt smile or celebrate goals so he is a target.

Do I think Jamie Redknapp hates black people?. No but if Mario was a white kid from Devon his behaviour would be excused off as part of his "growth" into the world class player he will become. The fact there are so many threads and stories and discussions about him prove this point. There are players who faught rape charges yet now they are being compared to Messi.

What has Mario actually done to deserve all this attention?.

gregblag said:
mammutly said:
TTS said:
I absolutely subscribe to this. Other things factor in too, (his reputation, his clumsiness) but I am 100% sure that the way he looks influences referees and pundits alike. ANY show of dissent by him seems to warrant a booking - I think referees are intimidated by him.

There is just no way that he would get the bookings he does if he was a small white guy with a friendly face. Other players in the league (ESPECIALLY Man Utd players) consistently show more dissent than him, but when it comes to Balotelli, he gets no wiggle room WHATSOEVER.

It's appalling, it really is. Again, I am not saying it is the only factor involved, but I'm sure it plays a role.

But you are talking about the individual player, NOT his race. As I said before, Mario's reputation might influence some refs, but that's no reason to call it a racial issue.

You know the term, an uncle Tom? That's a black guy who knows his place. That's an American term admitted but the point is if there is latent racism you are not going to see it against "nice" black people.

You take a guy like Roy Keane, a tough white guy. Did he get the same kind of stick in the press with some of the antics he got up to? I don't know, I am asking the question.

What I would like to know is why has it been so easy for the media and the refs get on Mario's case so easily and so broadly. It might need black people to answer this as they are the ones with the experience.

Sorry, mate. But I think you are introducing an unnecessary racial agenda. There is just no evidence that black players are discriminated against. You might have more of a case in arguing that Mario is unfairly judged as an individual at times, but to say it's because his black makes no sense

The press coverage of Mario is mixed - some good, some bad. If anything I'd say he's developing a reputation as a bit of a gifted, daft but ultimately lovable figure.

'Super Mario' is the headline in waiting. Great things to come from Balotelli.

I'd say certainly not racism, but would it be worth Mario using the race card? If he claimed he's being singled out because he's black it just might make refs think for a second before pulling a card out... I'm not saying it would be right to do this but needs must, hey?

Mario is a victim of 'Self-ism'... scored a ten on the 'Knob-ometer' today.. you can take a horse to water.. etc.. he milked his entrance, more camera time on the fuckin' touchline than Beyonce at the 'Brits' .. send him to bed with no tea (or fireworks) Still 5 clear though, bring on the 'Canaries' 'Deliah Smith Is Illegitimate.. etc..

Re: Marmite

nashark said:
Decc66 said:
nashark said:
Probably a harsh sending off, but a moronic thing to do without doubt.

If I was his team mate, I'd have it out with him. He cannot keep letting them and this club down.

Are you for real ??

Will every fucker who is having a pop at him please watch the replay again and then come back and tell me he had any intention other than getting the ball.

Moronic thing to do, Jesus wise up man !!!

He unnecessarily put his forearm at head height in the space the opposition player was occupying. On a yellow, I might add. If you can't infer from that the wisdom of that choice then God help you.

Fair play, when you put it like that, if we`d brought Stephen Hawking on we would have been right.

there are so many people who want him to fail to become what he clearly has the potential for

why is that?

has he been shagging grannies/ prozzies/ his brothers wife or summat?

maybe that's what he needs to do to be lauded by the medja....

Roberto should have kept him on the bench today. It's all about playing chess when the rest play draughts.

didactic said:
Calcio said:
Yes I have heard that. Redknapp is allowed to dislike someone, even if they are black for heaven sake.

Also to slag Souness off is nonsense. he was praised here for his honest views on Tevez. he's just a straight forward guy who tells you how HE sees it.

Balotelli doesnt help himself at all, has nothing to do with race for god sake. If you think his team mates love him and laughs it off when he gets a red card like today, then you are deluded.

I am not talking "I want him dead because he is black" racism, more the fact that it is a factor in why he is so harshly treated.

What has he actually done?. He is the most attacked player in the league yet we have ex convicts, guys who were seen on CCTV attacking people with bottles. Guys who sleep with friends wives, brothers wives. Guys who cheat on pregnant spouses and ex players who break players legs on purpose. Yet Mario is "useless to any team he plays for?."

Lets be very honest about things the world is far from perfect and though we all get along there is still that subconcious that most cannot hide. What has Mario done for Jamie to hate him?. For him to get away with saying that on a show where he is paid to be objective?. If he said he hated Wayne Rooney he would be sacked.

Like I said its hard to explain unless you live it most people in this country have no interaction with black people and just go with stereotypes. He is big, black and doesnt smile or celebrate goals so he is a target.

Do I think Jamie Redknapp hates black people?. No but if Mario was a white kid from Devon his behaviour would be excused off as part of his "growth" into the world class player he will become. The fact there are so many threads and stories and discussions about him prove this point. There are players who faught rape charges yet now they are being compared to Messi.

What has Mario actually done to deserve all this attention?.
He comes across like he cant be bothered. We brits hate people who dont put effort in. he comes across like he doesnt care for anyone than himself.

Also Redknapp never said he hates him, he said he's not a fan. If you are accussing Redknapp of racism, then say it . You are saying you dont think he hates black people, but if Balotelli was white he wouldnt hate him. So essentially you are saying the difference in Redknapps views are because balotelli is black.

Also why are you assuming what Redknapp would think? That in itself is messed up

he produces the odd moment of genius, but my concern is that he seems reluctant to be a team player and just hold the ball up. etc etc.
he was shockingly bad against napoli, and today didnt seem up for it.
although he was very unlucky today as the ref got it wrong.

more concerned about his decision making when in posession of the ball. yet against the scum he produces a moment of absolute sheer brilliance for the first goal.
should be used in home games and so clled easy away games for me.<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:28 pm --<br /><br />
weejh said:
alibee73 said:
the second was a defo yellow but the ref didnt have to give it him, you see it all the time, they realise that they are gonna have to send em off but let em off and give em a last chance bollockin. think wio and loony

but it was mario, so atkinson was creaming his kecks
This is 100% correct.
100% incorrect.
why was it a yellow?
was it excessive force? no
was it wreckless? no
was it a foul? yes .
was it clumsy? yes.
free kick , get on with the game.
player reaction and a weak ref got balo sent off today

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.