Balotelli - What was he thinking?

talkativesprout said:
jpargo said:
I think he really thought he heard a whistle for offsides. If you recall earlier Richards was offside and when he shot the crowd booed him. Knowing how he likes to get rise out of people I think he did that to get reaction from the crowd.

Irregardless I think Mancini handled this wrongly. He turned small incident into something major. No excuses about Mario behaviour once he was subbed but Mancini has to pick his battles. He could have easily handled this at half-time.

Theese

Small incident???!!

If you ever played any sport you would know it's not about fans, or the media, or tomorrow's newspapers, or NOT EVEN LA Galaxy.

It's about your own players like Dzeko, Silva, etc...that was most disrespectful thing to do to your teammates - because some of them may be playing for the TEAM rather than for their own, SELFISH self.

Balotelli is a klown. Always was, and always will be. Disgrace and a joke to all football fans.

mainestand said:
Christ here we go again and the season aint started, lets slag off and crucify every city player who makes a cock up. If he had scored what would you be saying about it then, If it had been Torres or Rooney and it had gone in it would be the greatest goal of all time.

It's not every player though, is it? It's Balotelli. He's got a history both on and off the pitch. Chances must be running out because his team mates won't believe in him anymore and we'll be a mockery for employing such a liability.

Still undecided about Mancini's decision to substitute him. Sometimes you need to let a player get himself out of trouble. I'm not sure how Balotelli will deal with this one.

A cheeky/selfish move to say the least - but i'm sure he has the common sense to never do it in a serious game. He's just an arrogant kid who probably fancied doing something flash, but that takes nothing away from his huge potential.

Don't really see anything really wrong with what he did, it's a pre season exhibition and he was trying to entertain, perhaps he should try and view it as a competitive game but if it had gone in then everybody would be loving it. top quality on display. I think the ESPN commentators are just jumping on it because they are losing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.