Balotelli - What was he thinking?

Crouchinho said:
Reminds me of Joey Barton

There is only so long you can go on defending a player
When he physically assaults people, let me know.

Darts don't count unless 1.) they hit and 2.) they're thrown in anger.

Never a dull moment with Mad Mario!

Keeps us in the news though doesn't it. No such thing as bad publicity.

When was the last day we weren't headline news...?

I actually think Balotelli will get 25 goals this season. He's got it all.

He's certainly "box office" as well.

It's the retaliation which causes the team major problems, not stuff like this. He got a nasty kick during the cup final and laughed it off, even though you could tell it hurt. I think he's gonna be alright.

mcfc1632 said:
an aspect of this which seems to be missed is how this 'antic' impacts on the purpose we were out there in the US

Key to our success is commercial expansion - and a key aspect of that is growing our standing in the US (along with other regions).

The US is a key market - observe how the rags are there year on year - and this trip will have been carefully planned to maximise positive media voverage of CITY - and taken a lot of effort.

Just think how the staff that put all the effort into organising the trip - into setting up the community initiatives etc feel - all that effortt to establish a positive CITY brand and in the end what is the abiding memory in the US of CITY as they now fly back??

This is not simply a playground antic - we are an aspiring top club and a business needing to grow marketplaces - I was very disappointed in what he did - only mitigated if the 'offside' thing was 100% genuine

CITY have likely been hurt my this and not only in the UK rag-infested press

Oh I don't know. You can do a thousand and one good deeds and no one really notices. One madcap escapade and its all over the media, Youtube, other fan forums and everyone sits up and takes notice. Football fans in the US who wouldn't have paid that much attention will want to see what the fuss was about and tune in to see mad Mario and his bust up with the coach plus the exciting penalty shoot out at the end. US fans will pick City as their team on Fifa 12 just so they can have Mario in their team and have him do outrageous tricks and no doubt punching the ref. ESPN will play the clip all season and when Mario does some great stuff (which he will) they will play that too. Its all about drama, excitement and bust ups and the Mario legend will grow as he has everything. Allergies, inability to put on bibs, winding up Rio, coolest penalty taker ever and incredible talent. Mario is a marketing man's wet dream. Mario generates publicity when he wears a fucking hat. And he's only 20.

BobKowalski said:
mcfc1632 said:
an aspect of this which seems to be missed is how this 'antic' impacts on the purpose we were out there in the US

Key to our success is commercial expansion - and a key aspect of that is growing our standing in the US (along with other regions).

The US is a key market - observe how the rags are there year on year - and this trip will have been carefully planned to maximise positive media voverage of CITY - and taken a lot of effort.

Just think how the staff that put all the effort into organising the trip - into setting up the community initiatives etc feel - all that effortt to establish a positive CITY brand and in the end what is the abiding memory in the US of CITY as they now fly back??

This is not simply a playground antic - we are an aspiring top club and a business needing to grow marketplaces - I was very disappointed in what he did - only mitigated if the 'offside' thing was 100% genuine

Oh I don't know. You can do a thousand and one good deeds and no one really notices. One madcap escapade and its all over the media, Youtube, other fan forums and everyone sits up and takes notice. Football fans in the US who wouldn't have paid that much attention will want to see what the fuss was about and tune in to see mad Mario and his bust up with the coach plus the exciting penalty shoot out at the end. US fans will pick City as their team on Fifa 12 just so they can have Mario in their team and have him do outrageous tricks and no doubt punching the ref. ESPN will play the clip all season and when Mario does some great stuff (which he will) they will play that too. Its all about drama, excitement and bust ups and the Mario legend will grow as he has everything. Allergies, inability to put on bibs, winding up Rio, coolest penalty taker ever and incredible talent. Mario is a marketing man's wet dream. Mario generates publicity when he wears a fucking hat. And he's only 20.

So basically he's the new Craig Bellamy. Only a much better footballer.

BillyShears said:
BobKowalski said:
mcfc1632 said:

So basically he's the new Craig Bellamy. Only a much better footballer.

Yep. And crucially my wife likes him. She wants to cuddle him and she thinks Mario is pure sex. If you cuddled Bellamy you'd probably lose an arm or something.

People do like Mario. You do warm to him and women I know think he's dreamy in a moody, sulky way and when he smiles they go all gaga. Opposition fans like him more than you would think. Joking aside I do think Mario with the right handling could be as big as Beckham. Equally it could all go tits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.