Balotelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hopes of this being done by tomorrow seem to have been dashed even with Jol's situation being resolved. Monday will do if you're reading Marwood and Raiola.

Oh dear...

-

Inter Team-Mates Rebel Against Mario Balotelli With Manchester City Move Drawing Closer As Roberto Mancini Wants Response
Balotelli told to leave club by senior players as Mancini applies pressure for an answer...
By Salvatore Landolina
Jul 22, 2010 11:08:00 AM

Inter striker Mario Balotelli is destined to leave the club and join Manchester City as his team-mates begin to turn against him, fed up with his distruptive influence inside the dressing room.

"Balotelli is causing tantrums and he doesn't know what to do, you can't understand it," Ivan Cordoba told Mediaset.

"I advise him to find himself another team so he can rediscover the motivations he doesn't have at the moment."

It comes as a clear signal that Balotelli's colleagues have had enough of all the hype surrounding his circus, and they don't want another season of dressing room wrangling following a number of bust-ups last term.

The striker's agent Mino Raiola said on Wednesday that a deal was being held up and unlikely to happen until next week.

Il Corriere dello Sport reports the reason behind the slowdown was because Raiola was dealing with Fulham on Martin Jol's behalf. The Ajax coach was in negotiations with the Premier League club, but that move has hit a dead end.

With that out of the way, Balotelli will evaluate his City offer, previous reports suggested a four-year deal worth between €4-5 million per annum, with Inter netting €27m from the transfer.

And City boss Mancini is hoping for Balotelli to speed up his decision making, warning Inter that time and patience will not serve them well.

"Inter are asking too much and we cannot wait too long because we have other objectives. Everyone makes a high price when City are involved," said Mancini.

LoveCity said:
Oh dear...

-

Inter Team-Mates Rebel Against Mario Balotelli With Manchester City Move Drawing Closer As Roberto Mancini Wants Response
Balotelli told to leave club by senior players as Mancini applies pressure for an answer...
By Salvatore Landolina
Jul 22, 2010 11:08:00 AM

Inter striker Mario Balotelli is destined to leave the club and join Manchester City as his team-mates begin to turn against him, fed up with his distruptive influence inside the dressing room.

"Balotelli is causing tantrums and he doesn't know what to do, you can't understand it," Ivan Cordoba told Mediaset.

"I advise him to find himself another team so he can rediscover the motivations he doesn't have at the moment."

It comes as a clear signal that Balotelli's colleagues have had enough of all the hype surrounding his circus, and they don't want another season of dressing room wrangling following a number of bust-ups last term.

The striker's agent Mino Raiola said on Wednesday that a deal was being held up and unlikely to happen until next week.

Il Corriere dello Sport reports the reason behind the slowdown was because Raiola was dealing with Fulham on Martin Jol's behalf. The Ajax coach was in negotiations with the Premier League club, but that move has hit a dead end.

With that out of the way, Balotelli will evaluate his City offer, previous reports suggested a four-year deal worth between €4-5 million per annum, with Inter netting €27m from the transfer.

And City boss Mancini is hoping for Balotelli to speed up his decision making, warning Inter that time and patience will not serve them well.

"Inter are asking too much and we cannot wait too long because we have other objectives. Everyone makes a high price when City are involved," said Mancini.

Lets just get it done blues!

CityPar said:
I can see us walking away from this although I'd think Inter may come back to the table if they are desperate to get Mascherano on board. Don't they need the cash?
Unlikely. Masimo Moratti is an oil tycoon, right? I'm sure he's minted.

Tricky_Trev said:
CityPar said:
I can see us walking away from this although I'd think Inter may come back to the table if they are desperate to get Mascherano on board. Don't they need the cash?
Unlikely. Masimo Moratti is an oil tycoon, right? I'm sure he's minted.

I understand what you're saying but even a few minted tycoons are pulling in their belts and clubs need to start paying their way PDQ. Think Inter want cash in before they buy so a deal for Balotelli makes sense. Mexican stand-off time over price though......

I think the fee is the main problem with this transfer. If we can get a fee agreed I think he is as good as ours.

skillman said:
Roberto Mancini has admitted Manchester City have been frustrated in their attempts to sign Mario Balotelli due to Inter's asking price.

City are known to be keen on bringing Balotelli, 19, to Eastlands, and reports had suggested a £23 million deal was on the verge of completion.

However, after the player's agent, Mino Raiola, met with City directors on Tuesday, he said: "It's not been said that we'll talk tomorrow." Gazzetta dello Sport claimed the deal had stalled because Balotelli wanted to await other offers.

Mancini, though, has indicated that the difficulties have come in agreeing the transfer fee with Inter and, with a move for Aston Villa's James Milner seemingly suffering similar problems, the City boss has suggested he could consider other options.

"When Manchester City want to buy a player, other clubs ask much more than is normal," he said. "This is not good and it is not right. Until today, it is only City that are moving the market.

"We have bought three good players already but now Inter Milan, for example, are asking a lot of money for Mario Balotelli, and we want to wait. We are interested in good players like Balotelli and Milner but we have time before the market closes in August. We have a lot of different choices."

Balotelli has been the subject of controversy in Italy, but Mancini - who coached the player during his time in charge of Inter - does not feel he is likely to cause problems if he moves to Eastlands.

"I do not think he has character problems," he said. "When you are young, you make mistakes. That is true of all of us. I do not think he is a hard player to work with. I think he is a fantastic player."

Evidently City are waiting until the end of the transfer window, at which point Inter will hopefully cave in and sell. It looks like Balotelli is on the way out, and they're just pushing to get the best price they can for him. But City are working hard to quash their reputation as the club that will pay whatever the selling club ask, hence the waiting tactics.

CityPar said:

Trouble is times tickin' by, not so much in terms of buyin, but selling players - finish up with a load of expensive dead wood around, if were not carefull

know we can afford it, but disgruntled players, who don't make the 1st 11, are liable to really disrupt the dressing room.

We should get news on Torres today on whether he wants to stay on at Liverpool. That may make us up our bid or summin :L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.