Balotelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TaylorWill07 said:
bluemoon32 said:
Hell of a fee to pay for 'potential' , for every player that realised their potential there must be hundreds that didn't.

but hes a great player already, thats the difference.

I can honestly say i don't follow other leagues so don't know much about him.
If people on here rate him highly then i'll go with that.

The way I see it is we can choose either Balotelli or Dzeko, Dzeko looks far more complete to me and has proven himself at much higher levels. I'd pay the extra money Wolfsburg are demanding for Dzeko (within reason) for that fact alone. I feel a lot more certain about what we're getting for our money.

SalfordCityBlue said:
Bunk said:
We paid 6m for Adam Johnson compared to the 30m we're looking likely to pay for Balotelli, so that comparison doesn't stand up one bit.

I think the point trying to be made was that players who deserve to go to the World Cup don't always go, so you can't use it as a stick to beat them with.

Balotelli is made for the Premiership's shall we say uglier side, while still having the technical ability most English players lack.

Agree with the rag who suggested he has the potential to be a future world player of the year, but of course, we should rule him out because he's never played in 'the best league in the world' and should sign Joe Cole or Jimmy Bullard instead.

LOL! i cant believe you've just put Jimmy Bullard and Balotelli in the same bracket

*Shakes Head*

bluemoon32 said:
I can honestly say i don't follow other leagues so don't know much about him.
If people on here rate him highly then i'll go with that.

Feels a lot to me like when United signed Rooney for a similar fee when he was 18.

I believe he got 9 goals in just 13 starts for Inter last season which isn't bad. He played 26 in total but like I say 13 of those were coming off the bench. His record of 20 in 59 overall isn't bad either seeing as that's over 3 seasons where most have been substitute appearances starting back in 2007/08 season when he was 17! If he got regular games I think he'd turn into one hell of a player but we'll have to see. It is a gamble but as someone else pointed out less so than Torres who could end up being a £50 million crock (Top three in the world when he's fit though).

If you had to choose between Balotelli for 30m and Dzeko for 40m, which way would you go?

I'd go with Dzeko.

Bunk said:
If you had to choose between Balotelli for 30m and Dzeko for 40m, which way would you go?

I'd go with Dzeko.

If I had to choose I'd go with Balotelli. Really believe he will turn into one of the world's best.

I don't want to choose though. I want both.

Bunk said:

I'd go with Dzeko.

I'd go for both which is probably what we'll get...

Balotelli, if he fulfils his potential, will be twice the player Dzeko (who according to some is a more complete player) is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.