Balotelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tricky_Trev said:
bluemoon32 said:
An extra 13,000 squid a week then, c'mon City just pay it IF that is the sticking point
We could have a whip round every week to pay for that! How many members does bluemoon have? Lets all pay a quid a week and get Balotelli here!

Get Cooky on the phone then and tell him whats happening.

Project said:
just sounds like brinksmanship to be honest. who will back down first. I doubt the agent will walk away from the deal given what he will make from it, so I think we will meet them somewhere in between

Yep, the agent has nothing to gain from walking away from this deal, it's not like Balotelli will get an improved contract at Inter.

City have much less to lose than he does and are the ones in the position of strength.

Raiola risks losing out on the biggest, most lucrative deal of his whole year if it falls through - whereas we can just go and get a different striker.

LOL if we're suddenyl starting to try and be shrewd with our contract offersd

Now if only we'd done that with Bridge, kolo and crocky and co. Every fucker and his dog's on close to 100k a week or well over that in a lot of cases, talk about shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted

svennis pennis said:
Project said:
just sounds like brinksmanship to be honest. who will back down first. I doubt the agent will walk away from the deal given what he will make from it, so I think we will meet them somewhere in between

I don't think we should be meeting this agent half way in anything to be perfectly honest.

He seems like the type that even if we offered him the full amount he would then want an extra 10k on top. We should tell him the offer is there as it stands. Take it or fuck off.

Who knows where it will end up because at the end of the day we have no idea of the competence of the negotiators on either side. We have shown ourselves to be less that classy in that department in the past and agents are a right mixed bag ranging from poor to downright incompetent.

In any normal, professional negotiation this would likely end up in an agreement, but when either or both sides may be idiots, who knows.

Bluemer said:
If we were willing to pay Robinho £160,000 a week then we should definitely be paying £88,000 for Balotelli.

Disagree, to many of the games genuine talents are falling by the wayside due to getting to much to soon...... Rooney may of been sold for 25m but his wages were 35k for the first 2 years, the money however you paper over it is integral to how this kid develops, stand firm and promise pay parity with the top earners once we've a) won something and b) hes been a big contributing factor to this.

The Fat el Hombre said:
LOL if we're suddenyl starting to try and be shrewd with our contract offersd

Now if only we'd done that with Bridge, kolo and crocky and co. Every fucker and his dog's on close to 100k a week or well over that in a lot of cases, talk about shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted

Exactly, you can imagine his agent giving it " tell me, how much exactly are you paying the likes of Bridge and Santa Cruz" ?

Bluemer said:
If we were willing to pay Robinho £160,000 a week then we should definitely be paying £88,000 for Balotelli.

The problem then lies in the "next signing", City would have offered "x" amount but the player will want "y" amount as he would know the last player sat tight and got a pay increase... It will never end. As good as he is City should say the deal is on the table if you want it sign, if you dont then good bye.
Yeh ok it's £18000 a week more give a take but times that by however many players we sign in the future and it starts to add up. We are rich but not stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.