Ban the Grand National?

Bluebee2 said:
An absolute pathetic thread. Horses are bred to race if there was no horse racing there would be no horses.
A real shame horse's died today and it is a tragedy, fingers crossed no more ever do.
1. The irony of you labelling the thread pathetic and then going on to post the most pathetic irrelevant and nonsensical shit in it is overwhelming.
2. There would be no horses? Really? Come on, engage your brain.
3. No one is suggesting the banning of horse racing. Some are suggesting that jump racing should be banned, while the majority are suggesting the field be cut and the fences lowered.
4. You're wasting your time crossing those fingers because I would bet everything I own that more horses will die at the National. Many, many more if they retain the current format. It's one of life's inevitabilities, which is the whole point of the thread. If it was a one off, the thread wouldn't exist.

mark100267 said:
Your argument is flawed. You should be asking to ban all racing over jumps not the National. I have sympathy with your point but these horses are breed soley for the purpose of racing. It's a big industry employing a lot of people.

so did the nazis

i love horse racing but this arguement doesnt wash

ban-mcfc said:
ban the fucking disgrace, loads of rich, upper class pricks playing god with innocent animals lives.

Once in a while on off topic we get a post so completely and utterly bereft of anything resembling common sense that it renders a serious reply impossible.
Congratulations ban-mcfc - you have constructed a prime example of this phenomenon.

mancitygaz said:
Well?

Unfortunately two died today.

My opinion for what it's worth is that no-one will feel the deaths of those two more than anyone directly involved with them. Huge industry that involves risk.

A couple died at Cheltenham, ban that? Not a chance.

can i collect my winnings first?

ban-mcfc said:
ban the fucking disgrace, loads of rich, upper class pricks playing god with innocent animals lives.

Anyone who's been to Aintree cannot fail to see how funny that comment is.

Unless your idea of the upper classes is a load of pissed up, perma-tanned scouse women wearing far too much make up and not enough clothes falling over drunk and puking liberally.

Cant see what this race achieves,certainly if folks want to gamble,find something else to waste your money on...pointless race..

gordondaviesmoustache said:
ban-mcfc said:

Anyone who's been to Aintree cannot fail to see how funny that comment is.

Unless your idea of the upper classes is a load of pissed up, perma-tanned scouse women wearing far too much make up and not enough clothes falling over drunk and puking liberally.

never been but would love to go, if city are not playing on that day next year i'll sort it.

they should make the owners jump them jumps and if they hurt themselves in the process then id happily shoot them in the face.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.