Bands replacing Iconic singers - does it ever really work?

Pearcey said:
It all becomes a bit 'Tribute Act' and a bit 'cash cow' doesn't it?

I was horrified to see Lynyrd Skynyrd were playing at The Apollo recently. I thought all except one of them died in a plane crash?

Certainly worked for Lynyrd Skynyrd.....though it was the original singer's kid brother, which kept it in the famyly.....and certainly no tribute act, as they have released many albums with him, including their last one, which is as good as any in their career.

And no, only two of the (then eight strong) band died in the plane crash, (though a backing singer also died) though more have since of various things....they can't be stopped.

The Undertones are entertaining. The singer does a Feargal Sharkey impression for the first half of the gig-then reverts to his own voice for the newer tunes....

Faith No More initially started with Courtney Love, then went onto Chuck Moseley who was shite.

Once Mike Patton joined though, well they were made for each other.

Fleetwood Mac? I loved Peter Greens guitar work, simply a genius of the blues tone, however, Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham had better voices and turned the band in to a much better band!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.