bandwagon fans

I will admit that I have been following City for only a few years. It was mainly due to the fact that ,although I have been following football since I played the sport as a kid back in the 80's, I really had little opportunity to follow the great leagues over seas till not too long ago.

I started when I finally had regular use of the internet in the early 2000's. I knew of the English league of course but it was hard to regularly follow it before then in my case.

It grew alot when I finally broke down and got cable tv. Thanks to channels like Fox Soccer Channel and most recently Setanta, I was able to finally watch alot of matches.

It was easy to be pulled towards Man. City. I didn't want to just be a glory hunter going after the big 4. I was always pulled towards the city of Manchester music wise but there was no freaking way I would ever root for ManUre. I liked that as a supporter of Manchester City, you had to go through ups and downs. I started to watch anytime they were on one of the two channels broadcasting matches over here in the States. I knew I had made the right choice when lately I had found various Man. City forums especially this one as I loved hearing the classic old time stories of supporters who had been around much longer than I have. The loyalty and the very friendly nature of so many of you!!

I look forward as I hope to finally make it over to attend a match in the fall of 2010. I wanted to this season but for most of this year, I had been under threat of layoff at my place of work but luckily I made it through that time.

I can understand the worries of some of you towards a % of the new fans. I know that I am here till the end no matter the results.

By the way, I never saw any introduction threads in this forum. It is very cool to meet everyone of you!!

BlueMoon93 said:
shaunthegoat said:
Why do I feel as if I have to defend myself for supporting City?

Spot on. I hate it when you feel that way, should never happen especially when with your own fucking fans.

Is this really the way things are going now though? Bitching between ourselves over who's supported city the longest? This is the sort of topic you would expect in a rag forum.

Citizen_Ando said:
BlueMoon93 said:
Spot on. I hate it when you feel that way, should never happen especially when with your own fucking fans.

Is this really the way things are going now though? Bitching between ourselves over who's supported city the longest? This is the sort of topic you would expect in a rag forum.

Precisely mate. Read my post a few pages back. We are a unique, close-knit club and if we want to move forward together in the best times this club has ever seen then we should keep like this cos we'll end up like the modern day United.

AzTattooedsean777 said:
I will admit that I have been following City for only a few years. It was mainly due to the fact that ,although I have been following football since I played the sport as a kid back in the 80's, I really had little opportunity to follow the great leagues over seas till not too long ago.

I started when I finally had regular use of the internet in the early 2000's. I knew of the English league of course but it was hard to regularly follow it before then in my case.

It grew alot when I finally broke down and got cable tv. Thanks to channels like Fox Soccer Channel and most recently Setanta, I was able to finally watch alot of matches.

It was easy to be pulled towards Man. City. I didn't want to just be a glory hunter going after the big 4. I was always pulled towards the city of Manchester music wise but there was no freaking way I would ever root for ManUre. I liked that as a supporter of Manchester City, you had to go through ups and downs. I started to watch anytime they were on one of the two channels broadcasting matches over here in the States. I knew I had made the right choice when lately I had found various Man. City forums especially this one as I loved hearing the classic old time stories of supporters who had been around much longer than I have. The loyalty and the very friendly nature of so many of you!!

I look forward as I hope to finally make it over to attend a match in the fall of 2010. I wanted to this season but for most of this year, I had been under threat of layoff at my place of work but luckily I made it through that time.

I can understand the worries of some of you towards a % of the new fans. I know that I am here till the end no matter the results.

By the way, I never saw any introduction threads in this forum. It is very cool to meet everyone of you!!

Good post mate. You are as equally blue and as bigger fan as the rest of people on here. I hope you look forward to your visit. Let everyone know on here nearer the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.