Bandwagon jumpers

One of my mates has become a City fan in the last couple of years, however, it wasn't because of the money. I met him when I started working at Tesco part-time a couple of years ago and I talk about football quite a lot and it turned out he'd never been to a football match before. So I said I'd take him to a City game, we went to the Uefa Cup Round of 32 game and he's been hooked ever since, he went to the rest of the home Uefa Cup games that season and went to all the home Carling Cup games this year.

I wouldn't say he's a glory supporter, he didn't pick us because of the money, in fact he didn't pick us at all, City were picked for him by me. He's got a shirt with Tevez on the back and loves it when he gets to go to games.

So our owners have invested millions in making us a prominent club so we get no new supporters?

FFS we want more fans, we need more fans, our owners want more fans - more fans than anyone else on the planet. This is our goal and this is what everyone is aiming at.

if you don't want glory fans go support Stockport as our ownership, their aims and strategy mean you are now supporting the wrong club. For right or wrong we just have to live with it.

Godot said:
Does anyone here know many since our club became blessed with so much money?

It makes my blood boil walking around Manchester and seeing a hell of a lot more people wearing City tops than just a couple of years back. In fact I actually feel a twinge of bitterness about it to be honest!! Yes, I know it's irrational, but I can't help thinking 'gloryhunter!' Even have this neighbour who changed sides from United to City because he sees us as 'the next big thing'. Pathetic.

I acknowledge the positives - i.e more support in striving to become a global brand, however these people make me feel incredible sympathy for the long-suffering City fan. The ones (like me I cheekily add) that have been there through thick and thin *sighs*

Careful, there's another thread floating about accusing the Rags of really being the 'bitter' ones.

We have got nothing to be bitter about, bar a few minor injustices for which Crappenturd, Bennett, Wiley, Atkinson, Walton, Dean et al should take full responsibility! Let them feel bitter.

At the end of the day if we want to fill our 80,000 seat stadium (planned one) we will need the glory hunters. It doesnt really bother me and I dont see it as a negative, new fans bring positivity rather than negativity. To me a City supporter is a City supporter and thats that.

Itll just feel sweeter for all those that have been their since the dark days when we win something. Fuck knows we need it.

I'll admit, I've only been following City casually for about 4 or 5 years, religiously for about 3 of those years. I didn't follow anyone before that, that is when I started to follow the game over in Europe. It wasn't that easy to follow before that for me. But, seeing as I'm only 23, 24 on Saturday, I haven't had a ton of time in my life to follow the game, since it really is so young over here. You guys may consider me a bandwagon fan, but I don't.

P.S. City is growing as a club big time over here in the States. In past years, the only club you ever heard talked about was Chelsea, 'Pool, Arsenal and the rags, now City is becoming more and more popular right along with those clubs.

Let me get this right the OP is getting angry because more people in Manchester are wearing City shirts!! That don't make a whole load of sense

And not to disagree with the OP, but new fans would be considered bandwagon riders, jumpers would be the fans that stop following the club as soon as they struggle.

my niece ask me to get her a badge (she's only nine) her dad's a red said of course i will so i've got her a new city shirt ! ha ha

mancity dan said:
Wheelsy said:
Or it could be that our current kit is absolutely shit hot, and people want to wear it.

You sound like one of indie music nerds who whinge that their favourite band sold-out and became mainstream. Fuck 5th place, fuck the Champs League, as long as I can still be seen to be 'edgy' and 'underground' by supporting City.

*facepalm*

Ha ha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.