Bandwagon jumpers

Wheelsy said:
Or it could be that our current kit is absolutely shit hot, and people want to wear it.

You sound like one of indie music nerds who whinge that their favourite band sold-out and became mainstream. Fuck 5th place, fuck the Champs League, as long as I can still be seen to be 'edgy' and 'underground' by supporting City.

*facepalm*

hahaha, excellent

When Malcolm Allison arrived at City he commented that there were far too many kids wearing red shirts and he wanted to change that. He did, as it is just a syptom of success. The more City fans the better IMO.

Im 50/50 on this one, I love seeing new City fans, but it doesn't help blues who have been here for time ever after. I always put it like this, if you were a fan before Thaksin came along, you can't be classified as a glory hunter because for a long time up until then we were genuinely shit. Fact is a lot of people are fickle and will turn like that. Like that reply a blue posted on Yahoo recently, Manchester is blue, its just since 1992 the shit have sold their soul to anyone and in todays society it wasn't cool to support City, you had to be a YOONI'ED fan to experience all the glory. My 1st game was in 1998 v Wrexham in Div 2, loved it. There was a time where a lot of rags tried to persuade me to be a rag, and it almost worked (i was a weak minded 7 year old) but I said no and my Dad couldn't be prouder. This club of ours has made me proud, made me sing, made me cry you name it, but the ones like me or the ones who have been here for 20, 30, 40 years + are now reaping the rewards. Those who are jumping on the bandwagon, let em enjoy it, if they're first time football fans that makes it better, because they've chosen City as their first team instead of jumping ship. Even so, just remember that we were there when we shit and nobody can ever classify you as a glory hunter.

I don't give a fuck if we have plastics. Let them do whatever makes their sorry existence seem worthwhile. I'm a City fan, and that's all that matters to me. As long as i'm there to see us lift a trophy, i don't give a shit what others are doing and how long they've followed us.

Let's face it. It's an ineviitable part of the club's incresed profile and mounting succes.

The more shirts seen , the bigger we are perceived, the less the old 'big 4' can legitimately belittle us.

As long as it keep the likes of BAcon Face , Captain pisshead Scarlet and Lawro the dog twitching, it's happy days as far as I am concerned !!!!

i hate glory hunters and seeing whats happened to man utd i would hate to see that happen to us

the only way of conquering this would have been cheap tickets so locals could all go
eg the hamburg game

mcnil said:
what a ridiculous thread. I smell rags

As TMQ said yesterday, up to 20% of BM posters are probably rags. Work your way down from the OP and start counting. Some of my fellow citizens need to wise up. I don't have time for a rag hunt today and so I'll leave it with you. Good luck!

it happens with most clubs who have had that extra bit of success, as PP mentioned about Blackburn and attendances show a big increase in Bandwaggoners in the Walker Days....

Bolton Wanderers - fan increase when Allardyce was manager and started competing, one time sitting at the top of the PL for some time.

Bury FC - they got into the championship quite quickly from L2 few years back after successive promotions, again attendance increase and a big noticeable fan presence in Bury - which has in my eyes dissapeared replaced with Utd shirts (city shirts have started appearing more around here though)

Oldham Athletic anyone? very rare I see their shirts now, when they were top flight they were all over.

So my point is most clubs have their day....
it is Human nature to follow success, as it is to be an independent thinker and follow something you are comfortable with (even if it is poor)

Myself I'm an independent thinker.... I think the last city shirt I bought was when I was around 12yrs old

My lad and his mate at school were the only City fans in the class about 18 months ago. Now converted 3 reds to Bule and an Everton fan (dads hate me now). The rest want to change but their dads won't let them.

They are only 5!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.