Bandwagon jumpers

bluemanc said:
Irony or have we a visitor with a split personality problem.

Do you really think the date someone joined this forum indicates when they became a blue..?!!! I've been a ST holder since 78...first looked on here 2yrs ago, only joined last year..!

This forum represents little more than 5% of the regulars at COMS..!

Yeah I only found this site two years back too..so dont read too much into sign up dates.I've been a fan since Kendall was here.

And there are tons of us out here..it's only now becoming visible.

Wearing club tops is a fashion item a few years ago a mate of mine who supported Oldham Athletic bought his lad an Oldham shirt for one of his Christmas present and he said he wanted a united top as all his mates will have them, he went out and bought him one.

I remember when City were a yo, yo team I was wearing my City shirt and some people use to smirk at me when they saw it I knew what they were thinking, rag barstools, personaly I wouldn't read anything into it just shows City as a brand name is working.

Ive spoke to a couple of JCL's in the pub lately.
Remind me of some united fans at times.

I couldnt give a fuck. I was there in the nationwide division 2 every week, I was in the platt lane, i was at wembley 99, I was one of the fans that was on the pitch at ewood park, I was in the millwall end at their ground, when all away fans were banned, I was there when southampton beat us on the final day at maine road.

I feel emotionally attached to this football club. All these JCL's won't, thats not my problem :)

I think it is fair weathered fans who have a purpose to wear blue. Some people can't become emotionally attached to a team that fails, but now, failure is a 5th place finish. It is easier then battling for promotion. People look in their closet and go... "Yea, I can wear that".

Plus have you felt this years kit!?! It is more comfortable to wear then most my clothes, and I look damn sexy in it ;).

As for the Bandwagon members, you just have to live with it. The goal of the club is to become the biggest in the world. Hence, fans all over the world, they gotta get on the MCFC Bus at some point. Many blues, those who have suffered for 20-30-40 years, just have to live with the fact you know you are a true Blue. Myself, I got less years, 6 to be percise (Renya), but I will quietly live with the fact I know I have watched every City game I could, and followed online and through FM. I am OK with more fans coming, we all have to be. You think any person living in Abu Dhabi knew about City before 2008?

Tricky_Trev said:
I don't give a fuck if we have plastics. Let them do whatever makes their sorry existence seem worthwhile. I'm a City fan, and that's all that matters to me. As long as i'm there to see us lift a trophy, i don't give a shit what others are doing and how long they've followed us.
Trev, beautifully put and I agree 100%.

bandwagon jumpers will always jump onto teams that are successful so it shows that we are on the up and more are going to jump on.No matter it will not affect me nor should it effect anyone else who as been going week in week out for years

blumoonrises said:
bluemanc said:
Irony or have we a visitor with a split personality problem.

Do you really think the date someone joined this forum indicates when they became a blue..?!!! I've been a ST holder since 78...first looked on here 2yrs ago, only joined last year..!

This forum represents little more than 5% of the regulars at COMS..!

Exactly, the majority of blues I know laugh at some of the stuff posted on here. I first looked on here during the Eto'o saga because someone mentioned the site on MuEN, and then joined on the day Carlitos signed. My first game was in 98/99, the problem is if you've only joined the board in the last year and half/2 years then you get looked at as 'glory hunter'.

Bazzmand Show said:
At the end of the day if we want to fill our 80,000 seat stadium (planned one) we will need the glory hunters. It doesnt really bother me and I dont see it as a negative, new fans bring positivity rather than negativity. To me a City supporter is a City supporter and thats that.

Itll just feel sweeter for all those that have been their since the dark days when we win something. Fuck knows we need it.

Here,here.

We are CITY super CITY from Maine Road,

The ones who have been supporting for many years cannot ever forget what this club means to us, with success comes the increase in supporters from all corners of the globe. Lets embrace our future and the past will be with us to remember forever.

We are CITY from Maine Road,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.