Banksy

I guess you’d want that removed too? After all, graffiti is graffiti, right?
You deliberately set out to be awkward about virtually every post going. No one is saying remove it.
Posters are saying why is it celebrated when one person unlawfully draws on someone else's property whilst others get arrested for it. That is totally different to what you suggest in your post. Further, the artist who did Pep no doubt asked permission. Why are you so awkward ? You call it discussion but it's not.

some people call it graffiti.
some people call it street art.

some people think it is bad.
some people think it is good.

personally i think banksy is a right charlatan,
but in general i like seeing painted walls.

it is what it is.
it's just people trying to express themselves.

please don't fall out with other people on an internet forum over it.

vibrant-colors-illuminate-modern-city-street-with-graffiti-and-murals-generated-by-ai-free-photo.jpg

You deliberately set out to be awkward about virtually every post going. No one is saying remove it.
Posters are saying why is it celebrated when one person unlawfully draws on someone else's property whilst others get arrested for it. That is totally different to what you suggest in your post. Further, the artist who did Pep no doubt asked permission. Why are you so awkward ? You call it discussion but it's not.
I’m not awkward! I just don’t accept your parameters.

How do you know Banksy doesn’t get the necessary permission?

Literally nobody in the real world complains about criminal damage when discussing Banksy’s artwork. It’s just a new thing for old, miserable, cynical blokes to whinge about.

Why do you care about it anyway? Street art is celebrated across the globe these days.

Is it because you don’t like his social commentary depicted in his artwork that you want him in court?

I’m not awkward! I just don’t accept your parameters.

How do you know Banksy doesn’t get the necessary permission?

Literally nobody in the real world complains about criminal damage when discussing Banksy’s artwork. It’s just a new thing for old, miserable, cynical blokes to whinge about.

Why do you care about it anyway? Street art is celebrated across the globe these days.

Is it because you don’t like his social commentary depicted in his artwork that you want him in court?
Why would I want to see him on court ? You are so desperate to be provocative and antagonistic you don't read what people post. You say it's social commentary, why isn't it called that when an unemployed person does it ? One gets praised and paid the other gets arrested. That is my point and has been all along. If we are a fair society everyone is judged equally.

Why would I want to see him on court ? You are so desperate to be provocative and antagonistic you don't read what people post. You say it's social commentary, why isn't it called that when an unemployed person does it ? One gets praised and paid the other gets arrested. That is my point and has been all along. If we are a fair society everyone is judged equally.
Who decided Turner was an artist, or Tracey Emin?

It just happens organically. There isn't a panel to decide who makes it through.

If people didn’t like or be interested in Banksy’s art, he’d have stopped ages ago.

It is a social commentary. Same with Cold War Steve.If an unemployed person had a gift to relay things that resonate with people, I doubt they’d be arrested either.

I may have mistakenly taken from your repeated insistence that he is a criminal with you wanting him to have his day in court. Apologies if this is wrong.

No society will be equal, ever. Well, unless Rascal gets his way…

Who decided Turner was an artist, or Tracey Emin?

It just happens organically. There isn't a panel to decide who makes it through.

If people didn’t like or be interested in Banksy’s art, he’d have stopped ages ago.

It is a social commentary. Same with Cold War Steve.If an unemployed person had a gift to relay things that resonate with people, I doubt they’d be arrested either.

I may have mistakenly taken from your repeated insistence that he is a criminal with you wanting him to have his day in court. Apologies if this is wrong.

No society will be equal, ever. Well, unless Rascal gets his way…

If someone wants to pay Tracey Emin a million pound for her unmade bed I haven't a problem. No laws were broken. What I don't like is double standards. This isn't restricted to art. I hate the don't do as I do, do as I say attitude. To me Banksy and his admirers personify that.

If someone wants to pay Tracey Emin a million pound for her unmade bed I haven't a problem. No laws were broken. What I don't like is double standards. This isn't restricted to art. I hate the don't do as I do, do as I say attitude. To me Banksy and his admirers personify that.
Do we know he is breaking any laws?

I watched a clip of Stormzy talking about how he got a bullet proof vest from Banksy. Seems he is meticulous.

Could he ask council’s permission and ask for it not to be talked about in return for some of his street art being put in their area, creating intrigue in their towns and keeping his anonymity?

If it was so cut and dry that it’s criminal damage/vandalism, someone’s police force would have pursued him if someone had made a complaint, wouldn’t they?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.