Banksy

That’s how art works and moves forward.

Young artist grows up seeing the works of an older artist, absorbs the ideas or style into their own and then create their own art.

Banksy is no more a charlatan than Van Gogh was for copying Millet for years.

If you read up on Blek he got his start literally just copies of famous paintings as graffiti.

We can thank those caveman for scribbling on the walls of their caves. The Banksy's of their time.

That’s how art works and moves forward.

Young artist grows up seeing the works of an older artist, absorbs the ideas or style into their own and then create their own art.

Banksy is no more a charlatan than Van Gogh was for copying Millet for years.

If you read up on Blek he got his start literally just copies of famous paintings as graffiti
that is simply not true.

van gogh copied works by millet, hiroshige, delacroix, bernard, rembrandt and others so that he could further his knowledge and develop his own unique style.

banksy hasn't developed a style of his own at all,
he uses the style of blek le rat.

I've just read in the ToryGraph that a fellow with a chip shop had put a mural on his chip shop wall 'n the council have been round and told him he has to paint over it 'cos it's advertising his shop and doesn't have planning permission. With both critical eyes I have denounced the Banksy shite as unwanted graffiti and the chip shop fellah's efforts as a work of art despite Islington Council declaring Banksy's daubings as the best thing since Leonardo painted the Mona LIsa.

After missing out on a Knighthood due to an administrative error after his heroics in 66 I imagine he wanted nothing to do with them…
They thought Van Gogh was something special because he could paint even though he only had one ear.
Gordon had only one eye.

i've said it before and i'll say it again.
banksy is a charlatan.
he stole all his ideas from a frenchman called
blek le rat

That's basically Banksy's quote used by The Leonard Street Gallery to promote Blek's first solo show in the UK back in 2006. Very much tongue in cheek..

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.