Banning smoking in beer gardens

If you'd drank in as many rough pubs as I have in the uk I doubt you'd still say that. Go in a pub and eyeball someone the wrong way and they'll savage you. Not saying they would if you walked in and paid the locals the due respect but I've seen drunks get very nasty (when they don't like what they see and hear plenty of times)

Smokers don't get angry, they just get pissed off of being made to feel like underclass lepers by those who think they know better.
I would add the question how many smokers end up in A&E at the weekend because of their habit,now ask yourself how many people end up in A&E as a result of drinking 7 days a week....think you will find it's quite a large difference

I would add the question how many smokers end up in A&E at the weekend because of their habit,now ask yourself how many people end up in A&E as a result of drinking 7 days a week....think you will find it's quite a large difference
I don't know the answer in facts and figures but here's a question to you...

How many innocent people end up in A&E as a result of physical injuries caused by drunks and drunken alcoholics?

Everton Away last season was on Amazon so I tried a number of new pubs to find somewhere showing it. I asked outside The Monkeys Nuts in Birkenvegas and received a “fuck off… just fuck off” from a punter. It lost its licence months later following an incident with an imitation firearm.

Out of all the pubs near me, there’s a good five that are unusable because they’re full of absolute toilets. Liverpool matches tend to bring them out.

How many innocent people end up in A&E as a result of physical injuries caused by drunks and drunken alcoholics?

Alcohol causes 5% of world deaths and 8% by smoking, they'll definitely be after the drinkers next.

If you'd drank in as many rough pubs as I have in the uk I doubt you'd still say that. Go in a pub and eyeball someone the wrong way and they'll savage you. Not saying they would if you walked in and paid the locals the due respect but I've seen drunks get very nasty (when they don't like what they see and hear plenty of times)

Smokers don't get angry, they just get pissed off of being made to feel like underclass lepers by those who think they know better.

Fuck me, are you drinking in Sarajevo? I've been all over the place, from Mere down to dive pubs in inner Manchester and I never felt I needed to show "the locals their due respect". It kicks off about 1 in every 1000 times to 1 in every 20 depending on where you are. And I stand at the bar chatting shit to people about football.

Fuck me, are you drinking in Sarajevo? I've been all over the place, from Mere down to dive pubs in inner Manchester and I never felt I needed to show "the locals their due respect". It kicks off about 1 in every 1000 times to 1 in every 20 depending on where you are. And I stand at the bar chatting shit to people about football.
Some pubs were as dangerous to be in as Sarajevo and I'm not joking.

That's hardly "all over the place" and Mere is far too posh for suburban drunks, more chance of getting twatted by a stray low flying golf ball. If that area is all you've frequented when drinking then you haven't lived, pal.

I worked away for over 16 years all over the UK and I drank in many pubs, some posh some decent and plenty of absolute shit dives. I've been badly beaten up and hospitalised in Harrow by about 6 or 7 thugs just because a workmate(knobhead) punched a guy in a alley(long story) . Also been threatened by a gun to the throat outside a rough pub I was a regular in Ilford by a bouncer, all for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Also another pub I walked in there was a big no no. Full of black guys and being the only white guy in there I knew I wasn't welcome so I supped up sharpish and left. I've drank in several pubs in Wales and Scotland where I've felt a presence of racism just for being English, some nasty unwelcoming pubs in mid Wales. Merthyr and Llandrindod Wells the worst I went in. I've drank in protestant English friendly pubs in Northern Ireland and been warned not to drink in unwelcoming Catholic because I'd be shot for being English, and they meant it. Glasgow too to a lesser extent without any threat of gun violence though, just the good old imfamous Glasgae kiss. I went in the Loudern Tavern near Celtic Park. It's a Rangers pub that's not for the faint hearted but after chatting a few minutes they were sound with me, even got free beer each time I drank there. But I never discuss religion and that's because it soon causes trouble. Several garrison towns I found dodgy, Aldershot bring the worst. Pissed up squadies will fight anyone to defuse their ramped up testosterone levels.

I think I've got away from several fisticuffs because I've respected the locals. Doesn't mean I've nodded my head and agreed with them just to be safe, I've had the banter and took the piss in reciprocating banter. I suppose being a streetwise big 17st 6-2 ugly **** has saved my skin a few times even though I've never tried intimidating anyone just because they look weaker and more vulnerable, no, I'm not like that I'm stronger with my brain than my fists. But I stick by what I said, when in a strange town pub full of eyes clocking you when you walk in, keep calm and confident but pay the locals ls their due respect and you'll be OK in most places.

Last edited:
Some pubs were as dangerous to be in as Sarajevo and I'm not joking.

That's hardly "all over the place" and Mere is far too posh for suburban drunks, more chance of getting twatted by a stray low flying golf ball. If that area is all you've frequented when drinking then you haven't lived, pal.

I worked away for over 16 years all over the UK and I drank in many pubs, some posh some decent and plenty of absolute shit dives. I've been badly beaten up and hospitalised in Harrow by about 6 or 7 thugs just because a workmate(knobhead) punched a guy in a alley(long story) . Also been threatened by a gun to the throat outside a rough pub I was a regular in Ilford by a bouncer, all for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Also another pub I walked in there was a big no no. Full of black guys and being the only white guy in there I knew I wasn't welcome so I supped up sharpish and left. I've drank in several pubs in Wales and Scotland where I've felt a presence of racism just for being English, some nasty unwelcoming pubs in mid Wales. Merthyr and Llandrindod Wells the worst I went in. I've drank in protestant English friendly pubs in Northern Ireland and been warned not to drink in unwelcoming Catholic because I'd be shot for being English, and they meant it. Glasgow too to a lesser extent without any threat of gun violence though, just the good old imfamous Glasgae kiss. I went in the Loudern Tavern near Celtic Park. It's a Rangers pub that's not for the faint hearted but after chatting a few minutes they were sound with me, even got free beer each time I drank there. But I never discuss religion and that's because it soon causes trouble. Several garrison towns I found dodgy, Aldershot bring the worst. Pissed up squadies will fight anyone to defuse their ramped up testosterone levels.

I think I've got away from several fisticuffs because I've respected the locals. Doesn't mean I've nodded my head and agreed with them just to be safe, I've had the banter and took the piss in reciprocating banter. I suppose being a streetwise big 17st 6-2 ugly **** has saved my skin a few times even though I've never tried intimidating anyone just because they look weaker and more vulnerable, no, I'm not like that I'm stronger with my brain than my fists. But I stick by what I said, when in a strange town pub full of eyes clocking you when you walk in, keep calm and confident but pay the locals ls their due respect and you'll be OK in most places.

Fuck me it's like an episode of Taboo.

That was the point i was trying to make mate,how much more dangerous drink is than smoking,yet the drinkers never get half the shit that smokers do

Your main complaint over the proposed policy is, you wouldn't be able to combine drinking and smoking in public. Now you want both banned?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.