Banning smoking in beer gardens

I can only see 3 choices from the government:

1. Become more "nanny state" and make unhealthy activities less attractive.
2. Raise taxes to pay for increased NHS costs.
3. Exclude free treatments for unhealthy activities.

Apparently only 13% of the population smoke, and I appreciate this demographic pay more tax through tobacco duty. But why should the other 87% of the population subsidise their treatment?
How many obese people keep eating shit and yet the NHS psy for them ? Does it make it any better if 87% are fatties and 13% are taking care of them through taxes. I'd ban McDonald's and the rest before I'd ban smoking in beer gardens

Of course there is, don't be daft.

It is bracketed with smoking, the ban say 'including electronic cigarettes' which is what vaping is classed as. People regularly get chucked put of gigs, off trains etc. for being twats and vaping on the sly. You don't vape in pubs, hospitals, schools, planes etc. Because it is banned.
It's not illegal you pillock like smoking in a pub is, ffs do your homework. The owners put stickers up because they don't want people to do it not because it's the law and they would get fined.

It's why some pubs allow it.

It's not illegal you pillock like smoking in a pub is, ffs do your homework. The owners put stickers up because they don't want people to do it not because it's the law and they would get fined.

I miss the word pillock. You don’t hear it much in Spain.
Think I’ll message one of my bar managers later just to call him one. :-)

I had wondered why a couple of pubs near me allow vaping. I had thought the gaffer turned a blind eye to it.

If a premises prohibits it, public or private, it is banned and people are rightly removed or asked to stop.

Even where it isn't banned, people that vape in enclosed spaces are urter fucking arsewholes, the inconsiderate pricks.

If a premises prohibits it, public or private, it is banned and people are rightly removed or asked to stop.

Even where it isn't banned, people that vape in enclosed spaces are urter fucking arsewholes, the inconsiderate pricks.
If it's allowed they are free to vape if you don't like it go elsewhere where , I object to people with shit hygiene in enclosed spaces, but find if I move elsewhere I don't have to put up with them

Just admit you were wrong rather than digging a deeper hole for yourself by not admitting it, it reflects badly on you no one else.
I'm not even gping to discuss the rest as it appears you dont have a single clue what you're talking about.

For people that choose to vape instead of smoking, keep at it. You're likely to be saving your life and causing no harm to people around you. Don't let the moaning bastards put you off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.