Barca away criteria

Status
Not open for further replies.
brianisablue said:
squirtyflower said:
brianisablue said:
Regardless of the ethics of allocating supporters club branches tickets there will be a lot of people questioning the benefits of joining a branch (and paying for the privilege) if the club cut them out of an allocation for any game. Supporters clubs are an integral part of following the club - organising transport, meetings, social events, fund-raising, travel to games and so on. It takes a lot of unpaid time and effort and I can't believe the club would be so naive as to potentially alienate them by giving no ticket allocation at all - even just for one game. It would in my opinion compromise the relationship and dialogue the club professes it has worked so hard to develop and maintain.
Funnily enough I organise transport to get to away games, or I'd not get there, and neither would my mates. I hold meetings with fellow blues which could be called 'social events' usually in Lloyd's Bar or the Hare & Hounds for a couple of hours pre and post match. I've even raised money for charities. And yet not once have I been paid for it, is it normal that one should?

My point wasn't to argue that people who do all of the above are more "saintly" than the rest of us - although they probably are. Nor to argue that people who give up a lot of their time for others deserve some financial reward - although they may well do. My point was that the relationship between supporters club branches and the club works both ways. And one of the ways it works for the branches is that they get ticket allocations to distribute amongst their paid up card-carrying members.

And do you think that is correct ?

brianisablue said:
squirtyflower said:
brianisablue said:
Regardless of the ethics of allocating supporters club branches tickets there will be a lot of people questioning the benefits of joining a branch (and paying for the privilege) if the club cut them out of an allocation for any game. Supporters clubs are an integral part of following the club - organising transport, meetings, social events, fund-raising, travel to games and so on. It takes a lot of unpaid time and effort and I can't believe the club would be so naive as to potentially alienate them by giving no ticket allocation at all - even just for one game. It would in my opinion compromise the relationship and dialogue the club professes it has worked so hard to develop and maintain.
Funnily enough I organise transport to get to away games, or I'd not get there, and neither would my mates. I hold meetings with fellow blues which could be called 'social events' usually in Lloyd's Bar or the Hare & Hounds for a couple of hours pre and post match. I've even raised money for charities. And yet not once have I been paid for it, is it normal that one should?

My point wasn't to argue that people who do all of the above are more "saintly" than the rest of us - although they probably are. Nor to argue that people who give up a lot of their time for others deserve some financial reward - although they may well do. My point was that the relationship between supporters club branches and the club works both ways. And one of the ways it works for the branches is that they get ticket allocations to distribute amongst their paid up card-carrying members.
So they should get kick backs for doing all this arranging then, that's it in a nutshell?

brianisablue said:
squirtyflower said:
brianisablue said:

So for what reason then does it make it right for example someone with 4k points in a supporters club get a ticket over someone with let's say 5k points for a high demand game?

mancitymick said:
brianisablue said:
squirtyflower said:

So for what reason then does it make it right for example someone with 4k points in a supporters club get a ticket over someone with let's say 5k points for a high demand game?
You obviously can't read
It's because they deserve it

squirtyflower said:
brianisablue said:
squirtyflower said:

So they should get kick backs for doing all this arranging then, that's it in a nutshell?

I didn't say that anyone should get anything, I was just pointing out that is the way it works. I have 8,500 loyalty points and I know I'll probably miss out on a ticket and either have to pay over the odds to some Spanish ticket tout or watch it in a Barcelona bar (cos I'm going anyway). That's life, you can make your own judgements on whether it's fair or not........

brianisablue said:
squirtyflower said:
brianisablue said:

I didn't say that anyone should get anything, I was just pointing out that is the way it works. I have 8,500 loyalty points and I know I'll probably miss out on a ticket and either have to pay over the odds to some Spanish ticket tout or watch it in a Barcelona bar (cos I'm going anyway). That's life, you can make your own judgements on whether it's fair or not........
Good luck, I hope you get one

There'll never be a system that everyone considers to be fair. I'm on 9010 points so touch and go. If I do get a ticket I'm sure that there will be fans that miss out that are more deserving.

At the same time, I expect to go to 50-70% of away games this season, but know that if City play an away game in April/May with the title at stake I've no chance of getting a ticket and that some of those that do will probably be going to their first away game of the season.

You win some you lose some.

cibaman said:
There'll never be a system that everyone considers to be fair. I'm on 9010 points so touch and go. If I do get a ticket I'm sure that there will be fans that miss out that are more deserving.

At the same time, I expect to go to 50-70% of away games this season, but know that if City play an away game in April/May with the title at stake I've no chance of getting a ticket and that some of those that do will probably be going to their first away game of the season.

You win some you lose some.

If anyone thinks I'm more deserving please pm me with the offer of a ticket :)

mancitymick said:
brianisablue said:
squirtyflower said:

I still get emails from the supporters club from when I helped run one over here and they've sent numerous emails this time telling all members to sort themselves out directly with the club as it's unlikely they'll be getting any for this game so I don't it really applies this time round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.