Barca ticket prices announced

blueparrot said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
Lee the Blue said:
My maine hope would be that genuine City fans can get tickets, as last seasons game in the North Stand level 2 was something like the Muppet Show - full of overseas tourists and people who clearly weren't City fans. How they got all the tickets, god knows but Id wager they hadn't been to The Etihad before or since that game.

One bloke in the row in front took photos every 2 mins; when he went to leave with 5 mins to go, my mate tapped him on the shoulder and said sarcastically "see you on Saturday for the Stoke game."

I'm afraid it will be like this again city could probably sell 60,000 tickets for this game at that price so can't really blame them but it would be nice to see 45,000 genuine blues in the ground being charged £40 tops! Still looking forward to it even if I won't have a clue what people are saying around me!

The game last year sold out at a similar level to the derby at around 1000 points for Cityzen members, and very few appeared on viagogo. So can't see how it could have been full of 'tourists'.

It was last year, so tickets are somehow being made available for tourists. It was like being at the swamp against Barca at home last season. Foreign tourists everywhere. I don't have a problem with this, but just saying how it was.

blueparrot said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
Lee the Blue said:
My maine hope would be that genuine City fans can get tickets, as last seasons game in the North Stand level 2 was something like the Muppet Show - full of overseas tourists and people who clearly weren't City fans. How they got all the tickets, god knows but Id wager they hadn't been to The Etihad before or since that game.

One bloke in the row in front took photos every 2 mins; when he went to leave with 5 mins to go, my mate tapped him on the shoulder and said sarcastically "see you on Saturday for the Stoke game."

I'm afraid it will be like this again city could probably sell 60,000 tickets for this game at that price so can't really blame them but it would be nice to see 45,000 genuine blues in the ground being charged £40 tops! Still looking forward to it even if I won't have a clue what people are saying around me!

The game last year sold out at a similar level to the derby at around 1000 points for Cityzen members, and very few appeared on viagogo. So can't see how it could have been full of 'tourists'.

The ones near me for the Group stage matches were ok

Lee the Blue said:

I agree. Until this season I had never joined the UEFA Scheme on the basis that I was always able to get our 2 regular seats by going online at 9am on the first day of seasoncard sales. Mainly because I didn't want to be tied into the possibility of Europa League games on a Thursday night. Until last season it worked fine until the Barca home leg came along - when I logged on at 9am our seats had already gone !
As it happened I managed to get 2 seats almost directly in front in the next row and still amongst the usual set of guys, so not a big problem. Sat in our usual seats were 2 elderly Catalonian gentlemen who clearly didn't understand what I was going on about when I politely asked them if they would mind swapping seats, so I gave up on it.

It would seem that for games like this City immediately allocate some of the more attractive non-scheme seats to Hospitality, thus denying those seasoncard holders the opportunity to obtain their regular seats and it sounds like this must have also happened in the North Stand, as you mention. Needless to say, I joined the UEFA Scheme this season in order to avoid this happening to me again.

The number of tourists/hospitality is increasing seemingly week by week but that's the price we are paying for success and its something we are all going to have to live with. Indeed, if we are to fill an expended stadium I think we shall be relying on tourists to an even greater extent. It's amazing though just how many people don't seem to be able to read the row and seat number printed on their ticket. The moving about of tourists who are sat in the wrong row and seat is a real nuisance when the rest of us are trying to watch the game. If they are strangers to the Etihad then why on earth don't they ask a Steward. It's not rocket science.

The last ever chance to see Messi play AGAINST us - gotta be done, but £90 for me and the lad - yikes! Will have to think about that one.

Okay, the lad's not coming, bring it on!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.