Barca v City Post Match Thread

At least we are definitely adding what looks like a world class forward in January.
It's not just, in fact it generally isn't the forwards, take the Stones header, I know it's fast play but it should hit the target. But it's the combination of gifts given, and chances not taken, and our last 2 games are the same, not saying we would have won last night anyway, but sometimes we don't give ourselves a chance. Nice play alone isn't enough, not at the levels we are trying to be at.

Don't get me started on our dead ball stuff either, some of it is well below what a top team should be doing.

What I saw last night was Barca coming out with a swagger and confidence in the first 5 mins. Then we had that attack out of the blue where the keeper stopped De-Bryune and that clearly warned Barca of the danger and they started playing a little hesitant, a little scared. Then they had that stuffy goal. Then we created more chances and it looked like it would be 1-1by half time.

Then Bravo fucked up. and the rest (With 1 player less on the field!) is what all the bitches are bitching about on here. 10 men against Barca isnt a fair comparison. First half is, and we gave them something to worry about.

Based on that, I think we may beat them at home, we have a good chance - against the best team in the world.

Don't get me started on our dead ball stuff either, some of it is well below what a top team should be doing.
Maybe some of our deadball stuff hasn't been great.

But compared to what we had under Pellers.. man, it's so much better.

For once our corners have been pretty good.

And our free kicks have been pretty good as well.

If we're awarded a free kick/corner near the opposition's box... I like our chances.

I'd say the major positive from last night's result, is that Pep has started to change the mindset of the players.

We've never gone to Barcelona previously and tried to play as their equals, we usually play like frightened rabbits (like we did against Real Madrid in the semi's).

It wasn't too one sided until that key moment. So there is some reassurance things are changing for the better.

A little perspective on the game is needed.

We dominated them until the Bravo fart.

Sure, we had a Fernandinho slip that lead to a goal, but we immediately stuck to the plan and went right back at them. I'm convinced we had a win in us until Bravo did what he did.

Pep has to take a long hard look at himself over last night. He was right in so many things and wrong at the same time. Was the trade off of Joe not being able to pass from the back worth it?

I don't know. I probably agree that with Joe in last night we aren't in a position to take that game to Barca the way we were, but at the same time we would not have taken that beating as Joe wouldn't be in a position to get sent off.

Pep needs to do some soul searching and ask himself if the stubborn trade off didn't have room for compromise in his system, because last night it cost us and cost us big.

I think Joe being axed from the squad has nothing to do with footballing reasons but more to do with his personality and influence within the dressing room.....in my opinion only!

Clearly disappointed about the score-line and despite some defensive frailties I was fairly positive overall until the sending off (apart from 10-15 mins after the sickener of a slip gifted them the first when our heads went)

We created good chances, we minimised their chances

Can we get some boots without blancmange for studs?

Agreed. When Silva was booked, the ref made no indication that he was going to get his card out until the fouled played decided to spend 5 mins on the deck.

Sure. Same Pique that was subbed off due to the injury sustained from Silva's foul?

The referee was the same one who was voted worst in WC2014. He was poor on the evening - apart from inexplicably waiting an inordinate amount of time to book Silva he failed to ever book Zabaleta who got away with mutiple fouls, including the shirt grab that is supposed to be an automatic. Moreover Sterling should've been booked for clearly taking Neymar out early on a mini break

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.