Barca v City Post Match Thread

Sure. Same Pique that was subbed off due to the injury sustained from Silva's foul?

The referee was the same one who was voted worst in WC2014. He was poor on the evening - apart from inexplicably waiting an inordinate amount of time to book Silva he failed to ever book Zabaleta who got away with mutiple fouls, including the shirt grab that is supposed to be an automatic. Moreover Sterling should've been booked for clearly taking Neymar out early on a mini break

We could play ref tennis all day so probably best we dont as it will get boring and we wont ever agree.

I stick by my point though in that its not considered cheating, especially in Spain and that Barca are experts at playing the ref when needed to gain a sporting advantage and that during the first half last night they switched it on like a light switch and the yellow cards started to flow.

We could play ref tennis all day so probably best we dont as it will get boring and we wont ever agree.

I stick by my point though in that its not considered cheating, especially in Spain and that Barca are experts at playing the ref when needed to gain a sporting advantage and that during the first half last night they switched it on like a light switch and the yellow cards started to flow.

I think your latter point is the same recycled ref tennis argument for nearly a decade, peekaboo happened once and in a tie where fouls were being ignored

I think your latter point is the same recycled ref tennis argument for nearly a decade, peekaboo happened once and in a tie where fouls were being ignored

It isnt. My point is almost a back handed compliment to Barca in that they know how to play the game, even if by English standards its frowned upon.

They know how to get over the line by any means at their disposal.

Clearly disappointed about the score-line and despite some defensive frailties I was fairly positive overall until the sending off (apart from 10-15 mins after the sickener of a slip gifted them the first when our heads went)

We created good chances, we minimised their chances

Can we get some boots without blancmange for studs?

These head dropping moments need to stop. The game was in its infancy, shit happened and we spent the next 10-15 minutes not at the races. This is where we lack leadership on the pitch.

It isnt. My point is almost a back handed compliment to Barca in that they know how to play the game, even if by English standards its frowned upon.

They know how to get over the line by any means at their disposal.

Thing is nowadays its often practiced by English teams. Everton in the last 10 minutes were excellent at breaking up play by whatever means. Its something that we would do well to adopt especially in Europe. There is more than one way to get control back in a game.

cO
What I saw last night was Barca coming out with a swagger and confidence in the first 5 mins. Then we had that attack out of the blue where the keeper stopped De-Bryune and that clearly warned Barca of the danger and they started playing a little hesitant, a little scared. Then they had that stuffy goal. Then we created more chances and it looked like it would be 1-1by half time.

Then Bravo fucked up. and the rest (With 1 player less on the field!) is what all the bitches are bitching about on here. 10 men against Barca isnt a fair comparison. First half is, and we gave them something to worry about.

Based on that, I think we may beat them at home, we have a good chance - against the best team in the world.

Completely agree, The first 20 minutes gave them something to think about. Up untill the messy Messi goal I would say we were dominant.

Unlucky for Fenandinho. If we went into the second half at 0-0 we couldve taken Barca at the Nou Camp.

Very unlucky on the night.

Bravo - needs to tighten up, a bit to loose in his play . Needs to focus

Thing is nowadays its often practiced by English teams. Everton in the last 10 minutes were excellent at breaking up play by whatever means. Its something that we would do well to adopt especially in Europe. There is more than one way to get control back in a game.
I agree with you about this. It is also very clear that Barca are masters of getting a freekick when they loose the ball going forward. This robs the opponent the chance of a quick counter attack. I am sure the Barca players train that. They fall so easily in these situations.

Not read all 70 pages (yet) but can anyone answer me this : Did kolorov get booked for his penalty foul on Messi ?.
The reason I ask is , I did not see the Serbian referee book the Serbian Kolorov. Just wonderin'.

What are you talking about? The Barca goalie kicked the ball out in error. He was flustered.
Sorry Barcon, but I cant see how kicking the ball out is more of an error than what our keeper did. I defended Bravo myself last night but if you are going to attempt a cushioned sidefooted volley pass in that situation it has got to work or you are going to get flustered and handle it outside your area trying to retrieve the situation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.