Barca v City Post Match Thread

It would seem that the injuries to Alba and Pique are bad enough that they will not play against us in the home game. Good news :-)

cO

Completely agree, The first 20 minutes gave them something to think about. Up untill the messy Messi goal I would say we were dominant.

Unlucky for Fenandinho. If we went into the second half at 0-0 we couldve taken Barca at the Nou Camp.

Very unlucky on the night.

Bravo - needs to tighten up, a bit to loose in his play . Needs to focus

First goal was unlucky but the rest of it is poor finishing and poor keeping and defending. Nothing to do with luck that bit.

Gerard Piqué (3 weeks) and Jordi Alba (2 weeks) will both miss Barcelona's match against City on November 1 through injury.

Hopefully we'll be at full strength and we'll beat them - with a little bit of the luck we missed last night - and providing that the lads remember to put some proper studs in their boots.

Pep got several things wrong.....
1 leaving Sergio on the bench for so long against what ended up being a Championship standard Barca defence
2 picking the world's slowest full backs Zab and Kolarov - it didn't work Spurs away and certainly wasn't going to work at Barca away - they could play against say Bournemouth at home but not away against a top side
3. Moving Otamendi to right back when he was having a great game in the middle against Suarez leaving Kolarova no Stones in the middle

We keep making mistakes and of course a team like Barca can punish them. Even teams like Everton, Spurs, Celtic punished our mistakes and got a draw or win against us. Barca is way above any of these teams.

But when Pochettino saw Kolarov/Zab starting and Enrique saw the same last night I am sure they were very happy.

We need to come up with some ideas that we can actually perform against top sides. Chelsea away, Arsenal away, Liverpool away, we need to get something out of these fixtures instead of just losing them trough silly mistakes and bad finishing.
Is it not a case of some fans writing chequers this current squad cannot afford, and expectations this season are a little over ambitious?

The difference lastnight, was AGAIN.... FINISHING!!! or lack of it on our part.
I'm not overly worried that we are again at the same juncture we were last season, winning the early round of 5 or 6 games, then hitting a blip, Pep will continue to fine tune and develop his players.
That we went toe to toe with Barca for long periods, caused them real trouble is a major plus point for us, but the issue of taking our chances and being clinical is something that needs all of Pep's attention, which I'm sure he will address it.
We are still a work in progress, we will improve, I'm sure Pep will strengthen during January and next Summer, we are still top of the Prem, still playing scintillating football, can't win 'em all!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.