Barcelona H CL Pre match thread {merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
hgblue said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
capiloton said:
prediction line up for the game. shame Milner get suspended. i always love his work rate.

935494_Manchester_City.jpg

Navas is a definite starter Tuesday with Milner out

It will be as you were with fern coming in for jov and yaya pushed further forward (IMO) ...

...........fern............Garcia............

Navas..............yaya..................silva

......................negredo......................

Sorry mate, but Nasri MUST play in this game.

I'd agree in a 442 pal, however, I personally think he'll set up with 5 in mid, 2 of those being Garcia and yaya, and a gut feeling fern will be in, that leaves nasri, navas, silva for 2 spots, the pace of navas could be integral in this and he frightens the life out of barca everytime he plays them, the high line they love is less deep, if we can enforce that then we should, it will allow the players of yaya and silvas capabilities to give us a great chance of bagging more than the one we'll need!!!

great performance against chelsea, for some reason it reminded me of bayern munich away. so were there any actual similarities?
well we started with the workrate of garcia and milner.
we also had that defensive pillar, Lescott.
not sure if thats relevant, but i wouldn't be too upset if all 3 start against barca. which surprises me.

Lord BLue said:
great performance against chelsea, for some reason it reminded me of bayern munich away. so were there any actual similarities?
not sure if thats relevant, but i wouldn't be too upset if all 3 start against barca. which surprises me.

Only 1 up front in both games.

moomba said:
Lord BLue said:

Only 1 up front in both games.
good point, and it was Dzeko!

Bayern Munich: Hart, Richards (Zabaleta 16), Kolarov, Lescott, Demichelis, Fernandinho, Garcia, Milner, Silva (Negredo 73), Navas, Dzeko (Rodwell 88)

Chelsea: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Clichy, Lescott, Kompany, Yaya Toure, Milner, Garcia, Silva (Navas 69), Dzeko (Negredo 81), Jovetic (Nasri 61)

hgblue said:
Navas is a definite starter Tuesday with Milner out

It will be as you were with fern coming in for jov and yaya pushed further forward (IMO) ...

...........fern............Garcia............

Navas..............yaya..................silva

......................negredo......................

Sorry mate, but Nasri MUST play in this game.

I'd agree in a 442 pal, however, I personally think he'll set up with 5 in mid, 2 of those being Garcia and yaya, and a gut feeling fern will be in, that leaves nasri, navas, silva for 2 spots, the pace of navas could be integral in this and he frightens the life out of barca everytime he plays them, the high line they love is less deep, if we can enforce that then we should, it will allow the players of yaya and silvas capabilities to give us a great chance of bagging more than the one we'll need!!!

If Fern is available then Garcia misses out, if not Yaya plays a bit deeper alongside Garcia. After Garcia's performance against Chelsea I'm a bit more relaxed about either scenario, but Nasri plays either way imo.

I am 99% certain this is how we'll play

----------------------Valdez-----------------------

--Alvez-------Pique----------Masch-------Alba

------------------------------Busquets------------
------------Xavi----------------------------------
-------------------------Fabregas----------------
----------------------------------------Iniesta
---------------------------Messi----------------------
--Pedro-----------------------------------------------

He'll pack the middle with Pedro essentially playing as the last man. There are two types of Pedros. One is the hardworking defensive wide player and one is the centre forward out wide. In this game he'll forgo (most of) his defensive duties and play as the last man basically. He'll be the one making all the runs with Messi, Iniesta and Fabregas trying to pick him up. Messi will play that auxillary role as both a number 9 and 10, he'll drop deep to keep possession and play a lot of 1-2's with the other midfielders. Cesc and Iniesta will also make a lot of off the ball movement to get in behind your DM(s).

I guarantee you this. We will not come out all guns blazing. Tata is a pragmatic coach and we've been conservative in all our big games this season. This is usually his tactics to avoid being susceptible to counters. He's also turned the team into one that is very adept at counters so that might be another attacking weapon he'll try to use.

I don't expect a high scoring game at all unless City aim to make it a very open game. But I don't think Pellegrini will do that. I see a score draw or a narrow win either way.

if no fernan or aguero:

hart
zab dem komp clich
navas yaya Garcia nasri silva
negredo

Lord BLue said:
My guess

Hart
Zabaleta, Kompany,Lescott, Clichy
Milner, Yaya, Garcia,
Silva , Dzeko, Nasri
Bench: Pantilimon,Kolarov,Demichelis,Navas,Negredo ,Jovetic + maybe risk Aguero/Dinho/Nasty

I want to cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.