Barcelona H CL Pre match thread {merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mcfchamps said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
AucklandBlue said:
I really can't wait for this, it's a dream come true.

I think we'll line up like this

Hart
Zabba Kompany Demichelis Clichy (?)
Nasri Garcia Yaya Silva
Jovetic
Negredo

Would be great to see Agureo and Fernandinho on the bench, even better starting but I think it's too soon for them.

The biggest question mark for me is who gets the nod from Pellers at Left Back.

Kolorov too risky so Clichy.

Also I would take Jovetic out and put Navas in.

....................Hart...............

Zab...komps....Lescott....Clichy....

...........yaya......Garcia.....

Navas.........silva.........Nasri

..............Negredo..................
+100
I really wish this is how we would line up, but Manuel loves his striker duos and I can't see him changing that here.

City vs Barca will be very close game i think. Both have shaky defenses and are likely to leak out goals, and both have very good attack. I see lots of goals in that one, but Barca won't win at the Etihad in my opinion. Win with 2 goal advantage will be decisive for City. My predictions...

City 2:1 Barcelona
Leverkusen 1:2 PSG
Milan 1:1 Atletico Madrid
Arsenal 1:2 Bayern

I hope Nasri or Silva (Whoever plays left side) turn Alves inside out on Tuesday.

J.A.M said:
Bpughh said:
This game is too much of a dream come true for our players not too play their fooking socks off. This is the moment vinny, zab, nasri, silva, yaya, the whole d*** squad has been waiting for. Time to make it happen.

Sorry but I need to ask,
What word is " d*** " ? All I can get is "damn" but surly that's not a swear word.
Not having a go at you by the way.

quite honestly i don't know words are and aren't considered swear words on here. I star most all of them, just incase. Already got one warning...

Bpughh said:
J.A.M said:
Bpughh said:
This game is too much of a dream come true for our players not too play their fooking socks off. This is the moment vinny, zab, nasri, silva, yaya, the whole d*** squad has been waiting for. Time to make it happen.

Sorry but I need to ask,
What word is " d*** " ? All I can get is "damn" but surly that's not a swear word.
Not having a go at you by the way.

quite honestly i don't know words are and aren't considered swear words on here. I star most all of them, just incase. Already got one warning...

Did you call our squad dick's?

The main thing we need to achieve in this game is keeping the game at their end by making chances and threatening their goal because once they are rattled their passing and movement starts to give up and they have no plan b. If we give them too much of the ball and play nervously like against Bayern and Chelsea then I am afraid it is all over because there is no way we'll keep them out for 90 minutes with our backs against the wall and an attacking formation. You have to also remember that these ties can be decided by away goals so if they get a goal here it makes our job at the Nou Camp incredibly difficult unless we really hammer them.

They have a distinct weakness in defending set pieces and I think to be honest they are quite weak at the back anyway, they'll be looking to push their full backs forward too so it is quite likely we can catch them on the break, there is no doubt they will overestimate what we are about and not employ a way of dealing with how quick we get the ball forward. Busquets for them isn't strong enough to deal with Yaya's power either and I think when it comes to us scoring we should on paper have a field day because they will not setup to stop us scoring like Chelsea did a couple of weeks ago or like Bayern add extra men in midfield to keep the ball from us.

Our main problem is that there is no tried and tested way of dealing with Messi without having someone follow him all night however Kompany seemed to deal with Hazard on Saturday pretty well, cynical fouling might be the only way but if we get a good ref it will work. Shackling their best players is going to be the trickiest part because no matter how many chances we get, someone like Messi/Neymar only needs one and they don't really miss. If we manage to deal with that then we can win comfortably because at their end of the pitch they are average at best and their manager is hardly going to change things because they do not know how to play any other way.

I think we will win comfortably, say 3-1 but getting a positive result at their place will be extremely difficult and like Arsenal a couple of years ago who beat them in the first leg we need to make sure tomorrows game puts the second one beyond their reach because Messi can easily get 1-2 in 45 minutes and then the chances of progressing are gone. It is a challenge now for Pellegrini who has to use his attacking ways in this leg to the maximum but then we have to consider how we can best progress without just naively trying to beat them 5-0 at their place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.