Barcelona H CL Pre match thread {merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
eversince 76 said:
It's fantastic to see us play Barcelona tonight, especially for the ones who came through the dark years like myself. I will never forget them and they have formed me in to the City-fan I am nowadays, always reckognizing where we come from and being respectfull towards other teams and especially their fans.

Yes we play Barcelona. But we have seen many big teams visiting our stadium lately (Bayern. Real, Ajax, Dortmund). We have had 3 years of (unsuccesfull) CL-experience, we have grown as a club and we play the best football this season ever witnessed at our club. We should not fear anyone, especially at home. Barcelona might be favourites, we are more than capable of giving them on hell of a game and eventually knock them out. I fear their attacking strenght and their players falling over like autumn leaves, influencing the referee. They however will fear our attacking strenght and physical power, knowing what we can do to teams who fail to play to the limit. It'll be a cracking game.

Spot on post. Over 40 years of my life have been dedicated to this club......I think it's called character building....and I sometimes have to pinch myself. I cannot though be respectful to the rags :-)

I cannot go tonight as I have a hospital appointment late this afternoon that I can't miss.Gutted is an understatement. To all of those lucky enough to attend, make the rest of us proud. Show the watching world exactly what it means to support this magnificent Football Club. Sing your hearts out, cheer from the rafters, and roar the boys on to victory.

Barcelona!

Fucking Barcelona....... In the Champions' League! God, we've come a long way. But what a journey. Can't wait.

I know everyone else is fit but its such a shame Aguero's name doesn't feature. Our most important player.

You guys need to beat the sh*t out of them, all their players sound so cocky, and disrecting you lot. Eg. Dani Alves.

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
welsh_andy said:
well tonight is the night, never in my wildest dreams did i even think of us facing the mighty barca in the CL many moons ago. but times have changed, we have changed and now become like barca in a way as we feared by most teams.

hoping for a total specticular game tonight and show the world that from now on its the mighty city you all should fear.

seriously though, hoping for a stonker of a game, score wise, 3-2 for us

Within a year we have witnessed the 3 players voted the best in the world within a year Ribery, tranny and Messi.

Whatever the score we have arrived.

3-2 to us???
Whatever the score???
Who are you people ... We are playing Barcelona to try and qualify for the next round, you know?

KippaxCitizen said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
MrsJackson said:
1964802_10152241776770763_936390905_n.jpg

Hope this is wrong need navas and clichy in this team

-- Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:41 am --

MrsJackson said:

Agree about Clichy, who is playing excellently at the moment, but if Nasri is fit enough he should be playing over Navas as he's a far better player.

looks like they are playing a second string team, we should smash them!!

supercity88 said:
Relax everybody, we've beaten them before, we can do it again!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2Hryt4ools[/youtube]

Ha ha I was there that night in the Barca section next to two Aussie tourist shielas to whom I had to explain the rules

Bluebottle said:
Woke up this morning and had a "Bloody 'ell! We're playing Barca-bleedin-lona tonite!" moment.
This^ Supposed to be studying bloody Highway Code for PSV test next week. NOPE! That ain't happening today. CMON CITY FFS!

I had a dream that we were 2-0 up in 15 minutes. Though David Luiz played for us in the dream as well :S.

dannyboy29 said:
KippaxCitizen said:
uwe rosler 28 said:

-- Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:41 am --

Agree about Clichy, who is playing excellently at the moment, but if Nasri is fit enough he should be playing over Navas as he's a far better player.

looks like they are playing a second string team, we should smash them!!

Demi and kolarov, OMFG. Messi will turn them 360 degrees. Watford players spun demi all over the place. Hope that line up aint completely true.

I seriously can't get up for this in the same way as many blues obviously are.

Not nervous, not thinking the end of the world if we go out.

Certainly looking forward to watching Messi in the flesh and the likes of Xavi and Iniesta.

Perhaps a generational thing, but I will be more edgy about beating Stoke this weekend.

I want that Premier League, regardless of what our owner would no doubt covet.

Tonight might be the night when games likes this become a little more special if we get a result and put on a show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.