Barcelona H CL Pre match thread {merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird all these dreams people are having, I had one myself. I dreamt that we were playing Barcelona tonight in the last 16 of the CL. I really must stop eating cheese before bed.

LJ75 said:
Don't know if you will agree, but from Manchester City Brand perspective, this is probably the biggest game of the year (some would argue, ever), as the whole world is watching, and globally (in plain terms, think shirt sales), it could propel City to new heights. Pellegrini knows it, the good Sheikh knows it, and I hope the players know it. It would be great if this pressure translates into the best ever performance by City.

some would argue, ever

I would.

Biggest game in our history imo.

That'll be the same Barcelona that spanked Mourinho's team by a clear 15 points last year in the league. God, he must be a shitter manager than we thought if after all that money spent, he can't beat the worst Barcelona team in years.

Stoned Rose said:
LJ75 said:
Don't know if you will agree, but from Manchester City Brand perspective, this is probably the biggest game of the year (some would argue, ever), as the whole world is watching, and globally (in plain terms, think shirt sales), it could propel City to new heights. Pellegrini knows it, the good Sheikh knows it, and I hope the players know it. It would be great if this pressure translates into the best ever performance by City.

some would argue, ever

I would.

Maybe you should look more into our history.

It's a CL Second Round first leg, it's not even our biggest game in the last 5 years

LFC-Fans said:
aguero93:20 said:
Tricky_Trev said:
We'd win at home against them with Aguero. Without him, i can't see it happening. But i really don't care. Tonight i am going to watch City play Barcelona in the Champions League knock out stage. And i get to watch Messi play. Never thought i'd see the day!

-- Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:57 pm --

People really shouldn't pay attention to what newspapers think the line up will be. Today's Metro has Milner in the "probable line up", for example!
Don't think we'll miss Kun that much, 3 quality replacements to choose from after all.

Yeah, its just that ever since the Barcelona got knocked out by Chelsea, I've always wondered of the quality of La Ligue. I reckon your defence will have Barcelona in their pocket, premier league defenders don't dive in, giving players like Messi a chance to beat a man. They hold their position.

Watched the game Barcelona won 6-0 recently. The other team's defence was all over the shop. Charging out into slide tackles. Messi was beating them will his trickery. But it wasn't because Messi was so good. It was the other defence being shit.
I see you've never watched Martin Demichelis?

Damocles said:
Stoned Rose said:
LJ75 said:

some would argue, ever

I would.

It's a CL Second Round first leg, it's not even our biggest game in the last 5 years

Exactly this.

Damocles said:
Stoned Rose said:
LJ75 said:

some would argue, ever

I would.

It's not even in the top 3.

1. v QPR
2. v Stoke FA CUP final
3. v United when anything but a win meant we had no chance for the title.

pazzo said:
City must start with 2 forwards because you need to win the first game if you want to go through. Barcelona is known to play way better at home and they destroy teams at Camp Nou. City's only chance is to win the first leg and then play on counter at Camp Nou and even that may not be enough. If city doesn't win at home they are out of the competition. You have every chance of winning as long as you play your game and attack them, if you change your game and set up differently and let them dominate you could get pummeled.
Yeah, because it's impossible to win a football match with one striker. Barca are the prime example of this. If they played with 2 strikers they might actually be a decent side. Amateurs.

Damocles said:
Stoned Rose said:
LJ75 said:

some would argue, ever

I would.

All this. (Becoming a habit this agreeing with you malarky).

Stoned Rose said:
LJ75 said:

some would argue, ever

I would.

Probably not even top 5 in this decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.